LordJarhead

J.S.R.S. 2.2 Soundmod

I still need to play with a little more to narrow down specifics, but with the 1.0001 update, I've lost sound coming from a weapon that uses the inherited vanilla MG suppressor sound when viewed from another player. Again, I need to play with vanilla weapons some more, but when using Massi's M249 with a suppressor (which appears to inherit the stock suppressor sound) and JSRS2 1.001, I get the following:

-Shooting 1st person with the gun, everything sounds normal (shot sound and bolt clicking)

-Shooting 3rd person with the gun, it's normal (shot sound).

-When AI is shooting, you hear nothing from the gun. Bullet cracks still work, though.

This doesn't happen with JSRS2 1.0

Just giving some feedback. Overall, I greatly appreciate your work...yet again. Thanks.

Lord Jarhead - you are a huge benefit to this community!

However I found some sounds not really up to par in quality.

1. The minigun of the littlebird sounds a bit underwealming. Also it has the same sound firing in the cockpit view and outside. Also when the fps change the sounds begin to sound really weird in that moment.

2. The jet: Admittedly it sounds really beautiful from the ground! However if you fly it and enter the 3rd person view it actually sounds like theres a jet FLYING BY not like you were sitting in a jet.

3. The jet canon sadly sounds reaaally underwealming=( Better then the original though but really not quite like a jet gun.

4. The tank shots. Somehow the tank shots have a double sound? That sounds really weird....The sound of the artillery however is pretty nice!

5. All silenced weapons seem to sound the same?

6. rocket pods have sometimes a bit strange sound when fired. Like a little puff...sometimes doesnt fit.

However JSRS=must

Best regards!

Hello all,

I wonder, since arma 2 JSRS is sounds mod that is used for client isn't it ?

Because since the update, when i create mission for my friends, I NEED to install JSRS2.0 on the dedicated server and all of my friends need to DL it. When i checked log, there is vehicule directly search into JSRS mod in the server report.

So i don't know if it is normal or not ? Because if i remember well in arma 2 you don't need to have JSRS on the dedicated server or for all player.

Thanks !

Hello all,

I wonder, since arma 2 JSRS is sounds mod that is used for client isn't it ?

Because since the update, when i create mission for my friends, I NEED to install JSRS2.0 on the dedicated server and all of my friends need to DL it. When i checked log, there is vehicule directly search into JSRS mod in the server report.

So i don't know if it is normal or not ? Because if i remember well in arma 2 you don't need to have JSRS on the dedicated server or for all player.

Thanks !

No need to install JSRS2.0 on the server, just the server key. Check your mission.sqm file to make sure no addons are called for other than default. It's always best to make a mission with no mods running and just running default ArmA3 unless particular addons are required! I hope i understood your question correctly, apologies if i didn't.

;)

No need to install JSRS2.0 on the server, just the server key. Check your mission.sqm file to make sure no addons are called for other than default. It's always best to make a mission with no mods running and just running default ArmA3 unless particular addons are required! I hope i understood your question correctly, apologies if i didn't.

;)

thanks, this is what i was thinking ! There is not a problem from the mod.

Thank you for your answer. Yep i have deleted all JSRS files into the mission.sqm to solve my problem.

Edited by izaiak

thanks, this i what i was thinking ! The is not a problem of the mod.

Thank you for your answer. Yep i have deleted all JSRS files into the mission.sqm to solve my problem.

No problem, glad you sorted it, now enjoy JSRS2.0. ;)

good job!

i have some problem with the silenced mk48 of massi's "NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS for A3". The sound is more like a whisper. not so realistic!

btw: awensome work! keep going!

Just noticed that the static HMGs seem to only use sonic crack sounds

Had a buzzard drop a gbu12 150m in front of me and didn't hear any impact at all

can anyone else confirm this?

mods installed= CBA and JSRS

First off, the sounds are GREAT. However, I'm still getting that issue where if the sounds are 50-100m away from you, you can't really tell what direction they are coming from...just sounds like the shot is coming from all directions at once.

Hey, are you using a Stereo, 5.1 or 7.1 Setup?

very sweet done LJ !

but :rolleyes:

what happened with the awesome explosions from the alpha? :butbut:

specially the grenade ones ...

LJH, I have a MINOR To Do for the next update. Fix the car horns for the MRAP, IFRIT and any other vehicle that has that terrible default Arma 3 moped horn.

Thank you. :D

Hi LJ,

tested a bit and its great!

One little suggestion:

When turned out as a commander in the Slammer, the reload sound of the cannon is awesome, quite similar to what you hear in steel beasts.

When turned in as a commander or gunner the reload sound of the main gun is much more quiet. Would it be possible to have the awesome loud "spend cardridge falling on the floor" sound while turned in also?

Cheers

Crusader

p.s.

also holds for T100 :)

edit:

Here is a sample of what I mean :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Zw93CbN4v-8#t=681

Watch from 11:15.

Edited by TheCrusader

The first thing I did was fire up the Comanche and there it was... That amazing sound from the YouTube video. shaweeet!! Thanks for putting that in. The Comanche has real character now.

Can you add the howl at distance? I only here the main rotor and not the tail and howl. Setup an AI flyover and you will see.

Quick note--if you build a mission in the editor while running JSRS, your mission.sqm file WILL contain JSRS items.

If you upload this mission to your server (or host it on your machine), players without JSRS will have issues because they don't have those items.

HOWEVER, if you build the mission without using the mod (or you go in and delete the items from the mission.sqm), all players will be able to join the map even if your server has JSTS enabled.

Guest Ti0n3r
very sweet done LJ !

but :rolleyes:

what happened with the awesome explosions from the alpha? :butbut:

specially the grenade ones ...

thats true, old hand grenade sound effect really had something going.

Just the key, its client side working.

LJ

Well, JSRS is installed. Key is in the server key folder. But, as i suspected, the server i'm looking to join is red, and i'm unable to join. I do believe they host has to have JSRS if its a dedicated server, in which the one i was looking to join, is.

Awesome job as always, glad we can enjoy an A3 version.

However, I'm still getting that issue where if the sounds are 50-100m away from you, you can't really tell what direction they are coming from...just sounds like the shot is coming from all directions at once.
I use a 7.1 headset and I also have trouble telling what direction a few sound are coming from. Arma 3 still have a lot to do on that in comparison with Arma 2.

I also noticed the fire sound isn't continuous and plays randomly.

EDIT : A3 dev build 1.09.113567

Awesome job as always, glad we can enjoy an A3 version.

I use a 7.1 headset and I also have trouble telling what direction a few sound are coming from. Arma 3 still have a lot to do on that in comparison with Arma 2.

I also noticed the fire sound isn't continuous and plays randomly.

Yeah I have the same problems with my 5.1 Setup. Sadly LJ can´t do anything about it, BIS finally has to fix the 5.1/7.1 Problems :mad:

Yeah I have the same problems with my 5.1 Setup. Sadly LJ can´t do anything about it, BIS finally has to fix the 5.1/7.1 Problems :mad:

Is there a specific bug tracker ticket that we should all be up voting?

No amount of testing this in the editor does this justice!!

Played a few co-ops last night with the chaps and when the shit hits the fan -wow thats when you realise the impression this mod has on the game!!

Thanks LJ and all envolved!! :cool:

I want to say thanks for all the nice comments that I got over the pages here already! Seeing this makes me think that I spent all this time pretty good :) Even if my private life took a little hit working on this mod, THIS IS what I think is one of the best things I came up with so far.

But also I want to say, that I see all the comments and feedback posts every day. Let me say: My goal was to make my own kinda unique sound style and I wanted to be at least better as BIS' sounds. So all those comments like "Well its better than BIS .. BUT...." are not really taking in account currently. I want to fix the mod the and the issues you may run into right now, thats it. The sounds, as you hear them, stay the way they are.

When I start working on JSRS2.5 (which wont be that far from now, as I know myself -.- ) I will take focus on real sound designing. Currently there is more focus on functionality, ok?

Thank you for ALL comments and the time you spent writing them, hehe. Really, this is keeping me continuing some time :)

LJ

Hi dude i just want to say that you did a great job in this mod it's very immersive i felt like in the real life i loved it I didn't test it in all aspects but sound awesome keep working in this mod and all the community just want to say a big and loud thank you.

Both Headphones with Creative Surround (worked much better with vanilla ArmA 3 sounds and JSRS Alpha) and 5.1 speakers.

Basically the issue is that at 75-100m and less range, with gunshots you hear a loud "BANG" that sounds like it's coming from everywhere, but you can also hear a faint gunshot sound as if it's coming from the gun itself, which is directional but is completely drowned out by the non-directional "BANG".

Over 100m gunshots sound awesome and you can hear where they are coming from fairly well. They can still sometimes be overpoweringly loud, though, and sometimes that also makes it hard to tell where they are coming from. I have my in-game volume set to like 10% and Teamspeak at +10 dB, but still I have problems hearing people over JSRS. The Alpha did not seem nearly as loud.

Edited by MavericK96