LordJarhead

J.S.R.S. 2.2 Soundmod

Second: When you play, hows the overall performance? Are you having heavy impacts?

LJ

hey LJ, first of all I want to congratulate you and the team with this nice release downloaded the second i've spotted it. anyway love the new environment a lot so thumbs up ...

now my system specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Processor: Intel® Core i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs)

Memory: 8192MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Dual screen setup Mode: 1920 x 1080 (60Hz)

my hardware and software including Arma 3 is updated to the most recent stable version, I play A3 with a few other mods

* CBA_A3

* Sud Russians

* TMR

* TPW

* Timeaxeleration

* sukamapinventory

* JSRS 2.0

now on this rig after removing and adding the new JSRS 2.0 release I started a new run trough of Survive, I played the first 3 missions and I can not say that I had a huge decrease in performance what so ever.

My FPS is always been between 50 and 60, the performance is continuously monitored on heat and stress performance on a secondary with aida64 ...

the only issue I have sometimes but this is always been and I do not think mod related, when I preview and go back a lot to edit my work, over a long period of time lets say 4 to 5 hours the game seems to

get stuck and freezes up, but like said this is nothing new and the only issue that I encounter which is resolved when I restart my rig ...

I need to say I can only speak from Single player experience, sadly I do not have a good stable connection to play online these days ...

also, when playing with your mod the sounds are great the only thing that I encountered with the mod is that the sounds wont work in some situations.

example: I was behind a wall enemy was running from one building area to the other, I was planning to engage but before I was able to do so a team member shot him I never heard the shot at all :p it was like the enemy unit just fell to the ground ...

but if i read your listed issues I think this is not something you or your team can fix ...

anyway I thank you for this early Christmas present it's a gem ;-)

best of regards

Edited by LiquitHQ

I am a server admin for the 24th MEU Tactical Gamers. We have JSRS enabled and I installed the update; I will be re-downloading the entire mod and installing with the update as I still get kicked from both our own server and the JSRS test server. Maybe my download was corrupt? I don't know...

In the mean time, we run Altis Domination. Filter "24th" to find us (we are the MARSOC unit). I think it would be an ideal environment to test sounds as we have various equipment available directly at the spawn point.

Here is our server: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/74.91.126.46:2302/

I'd like to find out if others that have success with their version can join our server...

As like in Arma 2 CO, Lord Jarhead, do you know when this will be compatible with Sa-Matra Wasteland servers?

You have to add the serverkeys to the server. Then it should be working

I am a server admin for the 24th MEU Tactical Gamers. We have JSRS enabled and I installed the update; I will be re-downloading the entire mod and installing with the update as I still get kicked from both our own server and the JSRS test server. Maybe my download was corrupt? I don't know...

In the mean time, we run Altis Domination. Filter "24th" to find us (we are the MARSOC unit). I think it would be an ideal environment to test sounds as we have various equipment available directly at the spawn point.

Here is our server: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/74.91.126.46:2302/

I'd like to find out if others that have success with their version can join our server...

Yeah getting the same here on my own vilayer server (kicked), even after the fixed files and server key is on the server! Back to ArmA2 for now, then again i might re-download JSRS2.0 also and see if that fixes it. Fingers crossed! :confused:

**UPDATE**

Re-downloaded it all inc fixed files from http://dl-jsrs.jsrs-studios.com/ and it works. I originally downloaded from Armaholic....anyway thx LJ :)

Edited by Law-Giver

Barabara it seems your an audiophile that likes to troll audio mods. Instead of offering pathetic insults try offering constructive criticism. This isn't battlelog.

ps It's also interesting that in your picture you missed out SACD/DVD-A/DSD amongst others and consider 44.1KHz audio as decent??

You should be ashamed

First, get your ears checked.

Second:

d4gt7jea.jpg

Oh and that would explain it:

Infractions 1/1 (2)

Thank you! Bye bye :)

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

Look at lord jarhead modified pic just 2 posts above. LOL

The offending user has been given a Infraction and Banned from this thread, shall we now get back on topic shall we.

Thanks

Yep, found it, had the same problem with my key as well- stupid signing went wrong ONCE MORE -.- Sry guys!

Re-uploaded the patch 1.0001 so it should work this time. Quick test on our servers worked out fine.

LJ

Furthermore I have questions to you guys:

First: Where did you downloaded from when you still having signature issues (The 1.5 signs in it?)

LJ

Just re-downloaded full JSRS "1.1" from PWS today (deleting old version and downloading it all new) on my client and my server, still can't connect due to key issues.

Version inside the mod is 1,0001

Just re-downloaded full JSRS "1.1" from PWS today (deleting old version and downloading it all new) on my client and my server, still can't connect due to key issues.

Version inside the mod is 1,0001

Maybe this:

Yeah getting the same here on my own vilayer server (kicked), even after the fixed files and server key is on the server! Back to ArmA2 for now, then again i might re-download JSRS2.0 also and see if that fixes it. Fingers crossed! :confused:

**UPDATE**

Re-downloaded it all inc fixed files from http://dl-jsrs.jsrs-studios.com/ and it works. I originally downloaded from Armaholic....anyway thx LJ :)

Not sure but maybe the auto downloader got a messed up version, which is no surprise by my stupid updating and from signing all the time, heh!

LJ

First off, the sounds are GREAT. However, I'm still getting that issue where if the sounds are 50-100m away from you, you can't really tell what direction they are coming from...just sounds like the shot is coming from all directions at once.

First off, the sounds are GREAT. However, I'm still getting that issue where if the sounds are 50-100m away from you, you can't really tell what direction they are coming from...just sounds like the shot is coming from all directions at once.

Yes, thats one of the severe issues we have currently, and I'm afraid there wont be some kinda fix that soonish to it. We dont know whats causing it, since its all say3D triggered. Might be an engine problem. It makes be remember on those locational issues BIS had with vocals in the campaign.

LJ

LordJarhead have you tried to directly contact the sound guys for ARMA 3 ? Maybe you can get an unofficial cooperation going to make your life easier.

I bet they love your work and would be willing to spare the time.

LordJarhead have you tried to directly contact the sound guys for ARMA 3 ? Maybe you can get an unofficial cooperation going to make your life easier.

I bet they love your work and would be willing to spare the time.

Second time I hear that now in this thread, I believe. And its just the 17th page... the thing is:

"Why paying/hiring someone for something he is doing for free anyways?" :P

But yeah, I might drop a message in the Dev Skype group

LJ

You have to add the serverkeys to the server. Then it should be working

Are you sure I have to add the key to the server? or, does the server owner have to have this mod with the key in order for others with the mod to work... Never really understood server keys.

if (!_ArmA3) then {if (_hasJSRS2.0loaded) then {"This is war"} else {"this is a joke"};};
shouldn't be ?
if (_ArmA3) then {if (_hasJSRS2.0loaded) then {"This is war"} else {"this is a joke"};};

Are you sure I have to add the key to the server? or, does the server owner have to have this mod with the key in order for others with the mod to work... Never really understood server keys.

Just the key, its client side working.

LJ

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

shouldn't be ?

Woops :P

Yeah, I implore the devs to fix the issues with 50-100m gunshot directionality. There was someone up in a tower firing an MG about 75m away and it sounded like the shots were right next to my head. I could hear a small "localized" sound that was directional, but the main gunshot noise just sounded like it was coming from everywhere. Does the same thing with enemy fire as well, making it extremely difficult to tell where close targets are.