LordJarhead

J.S.R.S. 2.2 Soundmod

PlayWithSix make everything much easier than struggling with command lines.

Will JSRS be avaible and updated on that network? Then it would be much much more easier. :D

_______

How this makes the game so much better! Even small engagements that previously were kind of boring, now makes your heart race when lead start to fly nearby. Again, thank you so much for this!

Just use a launcher - could not be easier.

Personally I have never got on with PwS, but more mirrors the better.

Incredible stuff, enjoying the 2.0 very much. Thanks. :) Cant wait to combine this with upcoming blastcore.

PlayWithSix make everything much easier than struggling with command lines.

Will JSRS be avaible and updated on that network? Then it would be much much more easier. :D

I downloaded and installed the JSRS mod via PlayWithSix last night.

Worked like a charm!

Hey Jarheead. I tested your JSRS 2.0

the mos sounds good, great in fact.

but indoor sound and volume sounds a little bit too loud even in silenced/suppressed weapon.

Could you please remove the high pitch sound when driving hunters with fullspeed (e or shift+w). It has been really annoying since the JSRS 2.0 Alpha.

I really like all the rest of JSRS 2.0!

First Update ahead:

Going to fix missing vehicle weapon sounds withing an area up to 130 meters.

Collecting more issues/Problems you find. Not going into pleasing people yet, now its just about functionality!

LJ

I've put you up a little testing server.

There you can test if you have the right version and can join a JSRS server.

Also, you can play there :)

Just search for "[JSRS-Studios.com] JSRS 2.0 Testserver - Patrol Ops 3.0"

- ParadoxParadoxon

Hello, thanks for putting up that server. I was also unable to play on it; I load in and once the map starts downloading I get "kicked from server." No other indications.

I have the same problem with our own server, 24th MEU Tactical Gamers running Domination Altis.

Everything is installed correctly, updated, etc...

Ideas?

---------- Post added at 13:59 ---------- Previous post was at 13:58 ----------

Woops, may have posted too quickly.

LordJarhead, my hat is off to you! Vielen dank.

Play with Six brought me back here. Sounds are great.

Great mod, but I have something of an issue. Whenever I save a mission in the editor with JSRS active, it embeds itself into the mission.sqm. Specifically, the mission lists "jsrs2_amv7_marshal" under "addOns []=" and "addOnsAuto []=" which causes an error for anyone joining the mission without JSRS active.

Is this something I can prevent happening in the future, or do I need to shut off JSRS and restart my game every time I work in the editor?

Thanks again for this mod. It really improves the ambience - as intended.

EDIT: Correction. JSRS is actually preventing others from joining my server, and once I have shut it off I have to manually remove its references in the mission.sqm in order to load the mission in the editor so it can be saved without dependencies.

Edited by vagrantauthor
Specificity

Love your dedication in this project LJ! It really makes a completely new game :D Will test the crap out of this next week, but I see you're already getting busy with patches. Much appreciated work anyway!

Collecting more issues/Problems you find. Not going into pleasing people yet, now its just about functionality!

LJ

Exactly, there are more pressing matters at hand than working on a list of "I like this sound, but these stink in my opinion so make me different ones please". This is an inescapable part of sound modification, and something that plagued us back in ArmA 2 a bit, haha. It's happened to us, SOS mod, etc. Don't expect us to cater to every single person who doesn't like a particular sound. If sounds change, it'll be because we want them to change at least for now. More technical issues need looking into more than anything else. Like any server issues, mission embedding bug, the missing weapon sounds, etc. Sit tight and enjoy JSRS while the actually important things are looked into instead of matters of personal taste for the time being. Thanks. ;)

-J

Tomorrow I'll be finally able to have a closer look on JSRS 2.0 :)

But I don't like SP .. and also Coop not that much. It's just so much more fun to have real players as teammates and opponents. .

So it would be really cool if someone could set up a team vs team server. There are some really decent maps around, like sector control, CTI on Stratis or on just an interesting part of Altis (so things are going faster and are suitable with a lower number of players) or some "king of the hill" based maps.

Or if someone of you good people know any server admins, ask them if they can allow JSRS on their server (you know they even don't have to run it or download all the files). And add some info message that JSRS is allowed and everyone playing on there should get it because it's fucking awesome lol.

Maybe we can get up a list of servers allowing JSRS and what game mode is played on there most of the time.

2.0 is definitely a cut above even the Arma2 version and certainly well ahead of the sound environment defaults, adds a new dimensions of immersion and tension using even just stock A3 assets. It's a kind of interesting experience to sit and listen to battles unfold in spectator mode, I'll confess I did a bit of that for a couple of hours yesterday.

Really, what I want to do though, is get the addon I'm working on JSRS-enabled. So I'm curious- let's say I've got myself raw sounds that fit your system (Indoors,FPS, distance variable gunshots, etc), where should I be looking to hook into JSRS, or is it closed loop at the moment?

For some reason after the first patch the entire mod stopped working for me. I use the Arma Sync launcher and I checked all the perameters, I reinstalled it but for some reason or another it just plays all the vanilla sounds.

Hi LJ, firstly great sound mod buddy. And secondly, i'm having problems getting this to run on my server due to a key error related to jsrs2_distance or so the message said. In brief, if i disable your mod i can connect, if i enable it i get kicked. And i notice there are jsrs15.bisign's as well as jsrs2.bisign's and only a jsr2.bikey in the key folder which is on the server. But at least JSRS 1.5 it runs fine when playing on my ArmA2 server. ;)

LG :confused:

For some reason after the first patch the entire mod stopped working for me. I use the Arma Sync launcher and I checked all the perameters, I reinstalled it but for some reason or another it just plays all the vanilla sounds.

Sounds like the launcher is not doing its job, so i would check that. Its highly unlikely to be JSRS.

first great job man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!but we got problem that some pbo get two bisigns(2&15),and we i deleted all bisign15,still can not join in our server,i think the key u made is not right one,hope to fix it soon,cus we all like ur sound mod,from aa2 to aa3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like the launcher is not doing its job, so i would check that. Its highly unlikely to be JSRS.

Well I have no idea what's causing it then. The launcher recognizes the addon in my addon folder, the box is checked, the launch paramter is there. I don't know what to do :(

Yep, found it, had the same problem with my key as well- stupid signing went wrong ONCE MORE -.- Sry guys!

Re-uploaded the patch 1.0001 so it should work this time. Quick test on our servers worked out fine.

LJ

Furthermore I have questions to you guys:

First: Where did you downloaded from when you still having signature issues (The 1.5 signs in it?)

Second: When you play, hows the overall performance? Are you having heavy impacts?

LJ