LordJarhead

J.S.R.S. 2.2 Soundmod

Okay the only thing I ask is which PBO is the movement sounds.... it sounds like I'm walking on metal or some silly noise. I hate to use the veteran status but... I never rang of metal bouncing against me or anything especially when hauling ass, etc. The default Arma3 sounds is pretty much what I was used to so if I can just remove that PBO then it'd be cool.

PBO is the movement sounds

Guess what? JSRS2_Movement.pbo and JSRS2_Movement_c.pbo! :)

I would recommend to delete the _c file only so that the sound container is still there if other configs could use files from that pbo.

LJ

lol I get lost in all the PBOs and thanks!

Found the problem!

In the launch params the readme file says to write -mod=@CBA;@JSRS2.0 but to make CBA work you have to put -mod=@CBA_A3;@JSRS2.0

Done that and now I can hear the indoor reverbs! The readme file is wrong.

I'd prefer if the readme would recommend the ingame expansion menu as it just seems simpler.

I'd prefer if the readme would recommend the ingame expansion menu as it just seems simpler.

Yea if I wasn't used to it that would probably confuse me, too. But even as I know how you could do it, I'm just using the expansion menu.

The in-game expansions menu was always very inconsistent at it's best in Arma 2. No idea if that still holds true for Arma 3, but you'll find most Arma vets just flat out ignore the expansions menu at this point.

Awesome work guys, thanks a lot !

Could u guys seed up a Torrent link ? 30kbps is really annoying

Edited by tempestriser

Got an PM from Fox concerning that they had an issue with one of their servers, it should be up later on. We wont work with torrents because we can't keep them as updated as our FTP server files, you gotta accept that.

But our server (http://dl-jsrs.jsrs-studios.com/) is fast enough normally...

LJ

Hm, weird, it was downloaded in 4mins with ~4mb/s for me.

Hm, weird, it was downloaded in 4mins with ~4mb/s for me.

I think the servers are a bit overloaded right now :/

Congrats LJ, you made an outstanding job again :)

Sounds of distant firefight are like audible chocolate. In editor I placed a bunch of OPROF vs BLUEFOR units fighting over Agia Marina, placed myself as civilian on a hill somewhere 1km to the west of it, clicked "preview" and just sat down in awe, listening to this pure awesomeness. Thanks guys, incredible work. Are you participating in contest with this gem?

Bug: SP, no AI, Driving the HUNTER HMG. Switching from third person to first person while shooting the mg: Message: Sound (...) inroom not found.

Btw, awesome soundmod!!!

Key now work, perfect! ;) great, will test your mod on Weekend @ 30ppl coop

All I can say is....WOW. This is absolutely the best sound modification ever, in my opinion. Thank you, thank you...and thank you again. Been a fan since your first sound mods, and this definetly takes it up a notch. This is looking to be a great ArmA christmas. All hail LordJarhead, the king of realistic war immersion!

By the way, why the hell hasn't BI hired you on yet? ;)

Bug: SP, no AI, Driving the HUNTER HMG. Switching from third person to first person while shooting the mg: Message: Sound (...) inroom not found.

Btw, awesome soundmod!!!

Coudn´t confirm this. I was able to switch from 3rd person to first and back while shooting the MG, without Error Messages.

Been doing a bit of testing, and all is sounding great. But I did find one possible bug; Place down littlebird (AH-9) and stand back as it performs gun runs on targets nearby. At a distance, it sounds as though the echo (indoor) effect is being applied to the machineguns, and it only seems to switch over to normal as it gets closer. I tested several times, all with the same result. Maybe indoor sound being played because of wrong sound used, or machineguns are picking up chopper above them considering it indoors? Not sure...but just thought I would throw that out there.

I try to run this mod but on loading Arma it says "Addon 'jsrs2_distance' requires cba_main". I have the latest version of CBA and JSRS downloaded from their site. Anyone else having same problem? Or is it no problem at all?

Thank you for answers and this mod:)

Odesláno z mého GT-S5830 pomocí Tapatalk 2

I try to run this mod but on loading Arma it says "Addon 'jsrs2_distance' requires cba_main". I have the latest version of CBA and JSRS downloaded from their site. Anyone else having same problem? Or is it no problem at all?

Thank you for answers and this mod:)

No problems. Are you sure the commandline is correct at launch ? Or, if using a launcher, make sure it is loaded and ticked :)

I will check it if its ticked in expansions,but the commandline I use is the same one I use for different mods,dont know whats the problem with this one or if there is any CBA_main. I just want to be sure that I am running mod the way it should be. Can you for example please post your command line for reference?

Thanks a lot for answering.