LordJarhead

J.S.R.S. 2.2 Soundmod

Epic release! Even tho there is some problems, i testet mod out and it sounds EPIC! Riping my headset of my head! Great job! I wish you biggest luck in the future man!

Man I just played a Coop mission as a sniper in overwatch, I was far away from the battle, but the sounds was really epic, it sounded like a War video from Live Leak, great great great Job, fantastico, bravo!

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

I still have the problem that i could not join the server with key V2.

Here is my installation process (for the ...):

1. Never had JSRS for Arma3

2. Downloaded JSRS from armaholic (jsrs2_fixed)

3. Extract the "@" folder to my arma3 dir

4. put the key file to the root server

5. start the right arma3 server

6. could not join the server

7. also tried the stand alone key download

8. could not join the server

Wrong signature for file ...@JSRS2.0\addons\jsrs2_155mm_amos_c.pbo

Wrong signature for file ...@JSRS2.0\addons\jsrs2_2s9_sorcher_c.pbo

It worke with all other mods we allow on the server (also speedofsound).

Nice release we make a 1hours battle and we was litteraly stuck behind a rock because of the sound !

Furthermore I think some of the sounds need a little tweaking. I tried launching some granades with a GMG and when the landed far away (ca 400 meters) when the sound reached me it still seemed a little loud, and to crisp if you know what I mean. I would expect a grenade going of 400 meters away to sound a little more faded and distant, whilst right now it still sounds very close, only the sound plays with a delay.

Aside from that I was very impressed with all the sounds, I especially like where you are going with the vehicle interior sounds.

Tank shell sounds like subsonic ammo, i think it must make sonic boom.

I'm little confused at the version.

One is from http://dl-jsrs.jsrs-studios.com/, named: @jsrs2.0.rar

One is from armaholic: @JSRS2.0_fixed.7z

Which one is the latest?

I have looked at both versions.

I guess there is a mistake.

The latest version is at: http://dl-jsrs.jsrs-studios.com/

The version on Armaholic is wrong. I have send Foxhound a message.

Congrats on the release, definitely worth the wait.

Just a few things on a sidenote:

Is it done on purpose that some explosions and guns sound heavily distorted?

Some environment sounds (meadows at night) don't seem to loop properly and have some kind of distant traffic noise rumbling going on

Other than that it's a welcome release, hearing artillery guns firing from 4km and hearing those shells explode from up to 8km is sure worth it.

Cheers

@rehtus777

I can confirm this, neither in vanilla nor with JSRS I can hear the MLRS rockets, only when firing them myself.

Edited by Grumpy Old Man

I presume the PWS version is wrong also, as i cannot join my key'd server.

Hi Guys,

I´m sure some of you will, or already have, found some bugs. We did test this as much as we could (I personally spent the whole Sunday testing the final Version while LJ was doing his magic fixing stuff) but it can´t be avoided that some bugs remain unnoticed.

If you encounter a Bug please make sure to do the following:

-Make sure you have read the Readme and the First Post in this Thread! I´m dead serious DO IT!

-Specify which Weapon, Vehicle or Sound is having the problem.

-Post detailed repro steps (e.g. how far away are you from the weapon, does it happen in MP or SP, big battle or small firefight etc.)

Thanks and enjoy the Mod! :cool:

..............................................................................the least I can do is to say thank you, thank you very much Jarhead.

Still have to wait until Thursday to enter mission, too much work here.

Thanx thanx thanx and thanx!

Is it just me or the scripts when indoor don't trigger? Because firing inside a building has the same exact sound of when firing outside...

Is it just me or the scripts when indoor don't trigger? Because firing inside a building has the same exact sound of when firing outside...

Not really helpfull, please read two posts above yours.

FrankHH, something must be wrong as I have differentiated sounds depending on the environment. I agree with Tonci87 however, read, try, post a repo.

Not really helpfull, please read two posts above yours.

What else can I say? It happens for all the weapons, when I'm indoors the sound of the weapons firing is the same of when I'm outside, despite the readme saying that it should be different:

"The latest addition to the J.S.R.S. Sound modification suite is the all-new "in-room script" which mixes an extra loud

echo over the weapon effects when the player is inside a building and is firing his weapon. The effect results in the

impression that you really are inside a building."

Fact is that I hear no "extra loud echo" when I fire inside a building, the sound is exactly the same of when I'm not indoors.

EDIT: max sound samples is set to 128 by the way.

In the tests I did last night I was able to hear a difference, so I'm not sure what has gone wrong.

What else can I say? It happens for all the weapons, when I'm indoors the sound of the weapons firing is the same of when I'm outside, despite the readme saying that it should be different:

"The latest addition to the J.S.R.S. Sound modification suite is the all-new "in-room script" which mixes an extra loud

echo over the weapon effects when the player is inside a building and is firing his weapon. The effect results in the

impression that you really are inside a building."

Fact is that I hear no "extra loud echo" when I fire inside a building, the sound is exactly the same of when I'm not indoors.

If you use mod-weapons it CAN be that you hear no difference.

Tried it :)

If you use mod-weapons it CAN be that you hear no difference.

Tried it :)

I have no weapon addons :l

Must be you bro, indoor sounds are working fine for me.

Try to reinstall it or something. Don't forget CBA.

Superb work, congratulation :)

Since I read the first page, I now am aware why close-distance vehicle weapons sounds muffled sometimes :)

Carry on, this is excellent.

Thanks LJ, this actually makes me want to use the MX again. :)

I've put you up a little testing server.

There you can test if you have the right version and can join a JSRS server.

Also, you can play there :)

Just search for "[JSRS-Studios.com] JSRS 2.0 Testserver - Patrol Ops 3.0"

- ParadoxParadoxon