Sign in to follow this  
fluffy_nosed_horse

Google+ Official page

Hey BI

I understand you have an official Google plus page, but you don't seem to use it anymore...it hasn't had an update in 1 year. Can you confirm if you have stopped using it?

Social media is a great way to update your audience on whats happening but some of us don't actually like facebook although i understand there is a larger user base there, it would be awesome if i could keep up to date on all official updates without periodically checking the forums. (although these forums are brilliant for in depth discussion and help. thanks Arma Community)

It is probably not updated anymore because it isnt worth the trouble for those 5 users. :)

It is probably not updated anymore because it isnt worth the trouble for those 5 users. :)

749, with 1000+ plus1's which to me means, there are more people that were following and it dropped because it wasn't updated. quite a number of people though for what is basically a copy and paste of whatever they put on the facebook page....

up to the devs though.

Facebook / Twitter are the only worthy social media outlets nowadays...

Oh, but how Google wish upon a wishy wish that they could change this. So much so that they're allowing + to leak into everything they own. I dropped Facebook like it was a sperm-laden tissue and Google+ is even less appealing than that. YouTube just might be next.

Mmh, in May 2013 there were about 900.000.000 Android devices. Imagine all Android owners would just use Google+ and stab facebooks' back. Zuckerberg would cry in his pillows... The so called social media is the plague of the century. When I look around I see people staring at their phones instead of talking to each other. Even the best friends hanging around together have to check their phones constantly to not miss anyting "important"... It's sad, really really sad.

When I look around I see people staring at their phones instead of talking to each other. Even the best friends hanging around together have to check their phones constantly to not miss anyting "important"... It's sad, really really sad.

I very much agree. It's one of the reasons I simply quit Facebook one day. I caught myself using it when bored or during any moment of silence, even when with friends at a pub. It's funnier now being on the outside as I sit at a table with friends and there are moments when all of them are checking their phones and no one is talking. Then I look around and seeing so many others doing the same thing.

It's a good resource when you keep it under control. I once used to use Netspace and Facebook purely to keep up-to-date with bands and such. Keeping up-to-date with things happening in the ARMA community can be just as valuable. But in this context it's a case of going where the customers are. The thing with social media is that people want to be in the mix of all their friends and interests. These people aren't on Google+ for the most part. Getting people to change is a huge battle when you have something like Facebook out there, also made worse if your product isn't up to scratch. It's like Origin and Uplay going up against Steam with products that are greatly inferior. The only way they managed to get people there was to monopolise delivery of their games.

ArmA has a Google+ page?

Jeez, did they also open a development studio in Mongolia? You know, just for coverage of the globe.

Hahahaha. This was actually more a question for the devs, to see if they have abandoned it (i would delete it from my circles if so) but still an interesting conversation has occurred. I will chuck in my 10cents (or 10pence as im actually English and in England).

@longjocks, @SwiftN7

Not religious, but people tend to give up things for lent in my country. . . just because its something to do i guess..... a few girls giving up chocolate or cake, thinking they might get thin, that borderline alcoholic proving a point by giving up warm shitty lager. I chose to give up facebook as i too see it as a bit of a plague. All that happened was i didn't really get invited to any events, and didnt know where my friends were going, as they are now using this as their only means of communication. Its almost robotic. Sometimes, i woudl be like "why didnt you tell me about it" and they would say "but i put it on facebook". Its sad, and i have moved away from it, because there is too much shit to filter also. Its such shite information.

Google+ i like more. Its easier to manage what you see, and they also have discussion groups on interesting topics, where you can ask anything to similar interested people (i joined an ARMA3 discussion group actually which was easier than logging into a forum all the time, but not as knowledgable). i know google is slowly taking over the world, but to be honest. their stuff is pretty awesome. for me (suppose it helps that most products are intergrated with my android phone). I like that i can manage what i see on G+ better and (partly because of the small user base) i don't get 1000's of pictures of peoples kids,read how (and they post this every bloody week) much they are looking forward to the weekend, or how upset they are that they dropped there dinner on the floor. When we have a LAN party we block the facebook page from the FB junkies.

Ironically facebook is a social tool that is killing real life social interaction. I would love it to die.

Oh and dont get me started on Uplay.....i bought trails HD on steam, and now i dotn watn to play it because i have to log in to Uplay. After the nightmare of getting splinter cell to work i hate it. Steam is amazing though. (i know there are haters, sorry i love it)

Edited by fluffy_nosed_horse
forgot to add something at the end about uplay.

I personally frequently use Google +, but I didn't notice the lack of updates on A3's page. It's a wonderful service, technically, but there just isn't the usage to make it a viable social media terminal, unless you heavily follow tech news. It's just another cog in Google's plethora of services (Hangouts, Photos, Maps, Gmail, etc, etc). I'm not sure why, of all those, Google plus receives so much hate (some of my friends verbally oppose its existence) as it's just not very popular.