Would it be possible to give only the laser to the gunner, and just have the pilot fire the weapons as a temporary workaround until you can figure something out?

The problem is that the pilot can't fire guided weapons (DAGR, Scalpel, Hellfire, etc.) and that's a capability that can't be worked around. I need the co-pilot to have the ability to fire the guided stuff so the DAPs would be useful (given I can't create a pod system for the Hellfires to get them working right) for missions if there are tanks around. I could do that for rockets only if I could select only rockets for that pylon. SO right now the pylon system glitches every time I select from the gunners position to the pilot position, which I don't want. So right now I may not do pylons unless the glitch can be figured out and quashed. I'm getting help from reyhard in regards to that and so far its the glitching that's preventing things from going that route.

Okay making some headway with these pylons. There is a glitch in the game that needs to be addressed for purposes for the UH-60 DAPs as well as other helos in my pack that will use the pylon system (USN birds will of course as well). First, there will be two versions, one an M230 armed version and a "clean" pylon version that will have the requisite number of pylons. For example an M230 armed 2 pylon DAP will have the right pylon free for other ordnance while the other pylon has the gun. Another version, 2-pylons will have two pylons free for ordnance, to give some variation. The glitch is that if a mission maker puts a helo on the map, the maker will have to re-select the ordnance (even it ifs the same, but default will be 4 rack Scalpels) in order for the co-pilot to use it. I only mention it now as that is the only way to get the weapons in the hands of the co-pilot, while if not done, the weapon system will be used by an M134 gunner. Reyhard has spent some time helping me out with this and this is the only known fix (so far I guess) to make it work and keep player control (gunner-wise) and out of the hands of the M134 gunners. Or if that happens the M134 gunner can fire the guided missile dumb. And the main reason for the co-pilot is so that guided missiles can be used, etc.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jGX39k8x3z2ZM1ef1-PIXLsnEFOVRsYh/view?usp=sharing

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

RC32
- Tweaked sounds a bit more, adding an internal sound that is more realistic
- Added pylons to various helicopters. To ensure that the co-pilot uses the weapons, the mission designer must edit the loadout in order for this to work due to a game glitch, every pylon. If you do not do this, the right M134 gunner will be able to
fire the weapon system. SImply place a helicopter down, and even if its the same loadout, it must be re-selected. Any new loadout will enable the co-pilot to fire which is what the intent is, especially for guided weapons. For now the ASRAAM, and Macer glitch as well, scalpels work fine as well as other ordnance.

NOTE: ONLY THE DAPs ARE FITTED WITH PYLONS. I chose to do a field test with groups and see how it works out. I have the non-pylon mod backed up just in case but I want to see how groups like the pylon. I can't do anything about the glitching however as that would require a patch or some miracle from BIS.

• Like 1

G'day Eric,

Congratulations on getting the pylons to work on the MH-60 DAPs. Are you considering doing the same for the MH-92's and the AH-96? 

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to what you bring us next.

20 hours ago, EricJ said:

the mission designer must edit the loadout in order for this to work due to a game glitch, every pylon.

A game glitch? Is this something that BI is aware of?

5 hours ago, wansec_6 said:

G'day Eric,

Congratulations on getting the pylons to work on the MH-60 DAPs. Are you considering doing the same for the MH-92's and the AH-96? 

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to what you bring us next.

Yes I am going to do more as I go along, I just wanted to see how the reaction with the pylons works out so far.

13 minutes ago, Maj Ray said:

A game glitch? Is this something that BI is aware of?

reyhard from RHS (who is also a BI Dev) is aware of it but not sure if the whole company is aware of.

Quick update. I've managed to remove one Knighthawk (USN Blackhawk) from the pack, adding the pylon system to them as well. Also did one MH-92F DAP with the pylon system, leaving the (Assault) version the way it is, with the fixed loadout but at least one version of the MH-92 can use the pylon system, that and the AH-96 now has the pylon system as well.

• Like 1

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1921wpVOY8g_nr22W6RPEqVx6Y9i7N_jv/view?usp=sharing

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

UH-60 Pack A3

RC33
- AH-96 and variants supports pylons.
-  Updated the Knighthawks to use the pylon system, removing the MH-60S (DAGR/Hellfire) from the pack
- Updated the MH-92F DAP with the pylon system

Also updated the UH-60 pack readme

Okay after some soul searching I removed the Kiowa. Unfortunately it's a dead project and I just don't have the inclination to work on it anymore.

Think that is good so you have more time to focus on what you want to do.  Besides, it ain't going anywhere, so if down the road you change your mind its there.

Pretty much, though it'll show up somewhere else perhaps, so don't get too despondent...

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lHl3pHE8MQ1506sFZB63b020dTmGPe_i/view?usp=sharing

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

UH-60 Pack A3

RC34
- MH-92F DAP (M230/DAGR/HF) renamed to MH-92F DAP (M230/3 Pylons)
- Fixed an error message that popped up.
- Added a Safety switch sound for the HK416
- Edited the pylons for the AH-96, now matches the graphic as far as positioning and Mirror works as it should
- Added a custom image for the AH-96 as well for the Blackhawks as well as the Cherokee for the Pylon Settings tab

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wLRE8ab4rCMo1zbPPtKfzNm2eiCqZ-hT/view?usp=sharing

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

UH-60 Pack A3

RC35
- Adjusted the Pylon Settings UI so the drop down boxes match the locations on the 3D model on a couple aircraft
- Adjusted various models so that the UI interface would match that on the pylons

• Like 3

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g1PIcS_0m6LNuiGhh0tEnF59AyZIPo1H/view?usp=sharing

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

AH-1Z

RC4
-Implemented a basic AFM file for AFM users

• Like 2

Okay

G'day @EricJ

Loving what you've done with the UH-60 pack. The pylon selection is working well.

I was wondering if you had considered doing any other camouflage patterns for all of the helicopters in the pack? If you have and do add more camo patterns, would you consider doing something similar to the Australian Army pattern?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1594135722

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1594145287

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1594134063

Keep up the great work. Looking forward to your next addition.

Well right now I've been out of ideas so I can look into that sometime and see what I can do.

G'day @EricJ

Thanks for taking the time to consider it. I'll be looking forward to what you come up with.

These 5 helis seem to have a weird rotor duplication happening, i've tested all non duct-fan helis and without other mods running and these are the only 5 that have the issue. Great mod BTW loving the new(ish) sounds!

CD546B1AA48AF07CDA717DE633236F5FF5AE2239

It's not a duplication per se, it's some graphical glitch that happens with the rotors, but it's something I'll fix though.

• Like 1

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G9yGd895hUY4dyjfT8ZaL4LPBwLnET59/view?usp=sharing

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

RC36
- Added an Australian Defense Force skin. To access the skin put a UH-60M (NATO) in the Editor, and select "ADF" when editing vehicle appearance.
- Fixed some graphically glitched out helicopters

• Like 1

G'day @EricJ

I just downloaded the updated UH-60's to have a look at your ADF skin. Unfortunately it does not appear in the appearance menu.

I have attached a link to a photo I just took.

The only mods I had running were CBA and the UH-60 Pack.

Thank you for taking the time to work on the skin. Are you going to add it to the AH-96 and MH-92 as well?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1631818652