Thanks!

This should be a good decent version. Unfortunately due to the Internet I use, it considers the Steam Interface as "Gaming" (true) but won't let me access ANY pages on Steam (But I can download files, weird)

AH-1Z Beta

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3Umtd3VfTHBHVDNZaTg/view?usp=sharing

• Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 6:59 AM, xon2 said:

Hey Eric,

i'am sure you know about firewill's A-10A/C standalone mod. Do you consider to port your great looking A-164 wipeout skins over to support that module? The great thing about firewill's object load thingy is that you can actually pick the skin in the mission. Don't know how stuff changes with the new loadout system with the jets dlc. Anyways, would be great to see your skins on the A-10c mod.

No I haven't talked with Firewill about doing some skins. Unfortunately most of my A-10 work had been for DCS.

Okay update:

- I'm able to work on the models as due to the spotty Internet that I'm saddled with, I am running 1.64, and updating is going to be something of a chore, since its spotty and I want to have a game to play to keep me occupied until I get faster and more stable Internet, which won't be for some time,, sorry

- Due to the place I'm at, Steam pages are considered Gaming, and therefore blocked. I don't know if I can upload but right now not much can be done. I don't have a choice on the Internet access unfortunately so the current RCs of all the mods is what you get for some time until I can get up to speed.

- There will be tinkering and whatnot but due to other issues, no progress shots just yet, gotta get a lot of things taken care of.

G'day Eric,

Take all the time you need.

Are you planning on completing the textures for the ducted fan UAV?

Yep, matter of fact I messed with that last night for a bit. But I'm starting to get detail on the nose area of the 160th birds, working on developing the FLIR or sensor turret slowly as well.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:21 PM, EricJ said:

‎Estoy vivo, un cultivo de la lamentable situación que me había puesto fuera del negocio hasta ahora. Perdón por la desaparición pero algo sucedió que me mantuvieron bastante lejos. ‎

Welcome back EricH, happy to see you again here!:don11:

On 8/29/2018 at 8:35 AM, EricJ said:

Yep, matter of fact I messed with that last night for a bit. But I'm starting to get detail on the nose area of the 160th birds, working on developing the FLIR or sensor turret slowly as well.

Any other model updates in the works? Cockpit, refueling boom, etc?

Not really. The boom is removable and therefore I won't be modelling it. And one reason I'm hesitant is that the map sizes are a bit too small to make a boom practical, other than some "cool" factor in which some reference photos don't have them mounted anyway. Given the fuel bladders in the cargo area, it's not going to be needing fuel for a while. Most of the features are pretty stable so no reason to muck with them.

And thanks Iqu@na!

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2018 at 3:05 PM, EricJ said:

Not really. The boom is removable and therefore I won't be modelling it. And one reason I'm hesitant is that the map sizes are a bit too small to make a boom practical, other than some "cool" factor in which some reference photos don't have them mounted anyway. Given the fuel bladders in the cargo area, it's not going to be needing fuel for a while. Most of the features are pretty stable so no reason to muck with them.

And thanks Iqu@na!

Spot on!  There is no reason to have the booms given the size of the Arma maps.  Real world, they take them off for ops not needing the range extension because they weigh a ton (well a lot, maybe not a ton).  Operating at high altitude (like Takistan) you really want to minimize the weight you are carrying.

Pretty much, a few reference shots I have show it in (I believe) Afghanistan and no probe is there. Personally if I was (not going to) do a USAF helo (there's one in the USAF Mod) I'd have it on. Just one less headache to worry about, I'm having "Fun" trying to model the new FLIR sensor (not looking too great so far) on the helos.

Doing some stuff with the UH-60s:

- Fixed a texture path error with the Containers
- Added more detail to the DAPs to reflect changes based on a "2035" look based on real world modifications.
- Added some more bits to the MH-92 aircraft, to flesh them out a bit more as operational aircraft.
- Worked on the MQ-17 texture to give it more life.
- Deleted some geometries from the UH-60s to get them more realistic looking for US Army versions
- Renamed MH-92s to "MH-92F", again to flesh them out, classnames remain the same.

• Like 2

Looks nice!!!

Looking forward to seeing your UH60’s. Your version was one of my favortite takes on the Helo. I think the only I stopped using it was a glass texture error(?)

Glad to have you back ;)

Not sure what glass texture error, as I think I got that all squashed. And the stuff I'm working on I think I found the issue and caught them all.

No problem.

• Like 1

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S833wMYprLCSTWh5a-RbveqsechecdZz/view?usp=sharing

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

AH-1Z RC2

- Added a non-AA version just in case, same loadout as the other versions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's good to hear man, though it'll be some time before I get an update uploaded, but I'll let everybody know of course.

Hey EricJ, super stoked to see you back. Your UH-60 mod is, to my, the best mod in all of ArmA, so I am super glad to see you back in action.

Also, was not aware you also modded DCS stuff, I will have to check that out as well!

Thanks man, though most of not all my DCS stuff is pure texture work. Once I get Photoshop (along with my laptop getting updated) I'll probably get back to that at some point as well.

Finally got my game updated to 1.84. Still no pylon work (one thing at a time):

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZzYYzRuptfnVKSM1vA2oMepOM6zh_L52/view?usp=sharing

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

RC28
- Fixed a texture path error with the Containers
- Added more detail to the MH-60M (Insertion), and MH-60M DAP 2-pylon to reflect changes based on a "2035" look.
- Added some more bits to the MH-92 aircraft, to flesh them out a bit more as operational aircraft.
- Worked on the MQ-17 texture to give it more life.
- Deleted some geometries from the UH-60s to get them more realistic looking for US Army versions
- Renamed MH-92s to "MH-92F", again to flesh them out, classnames remain the same.
- Fixed a graphical glitch on the MH-60M DAP 2-pylon
- Smoothed out the FM for the MH-60M DAP 2-pylon
- Removed an errant geometry in the MH-92F DAP (Assault) shadow LOD.
- MH-80 (Insertion) was renamed to MH-80 (TF160)
- HK416 160th now can mount bipods
- UH-60M (Unarmed/ESSS) shadow LOD fixed
- Prowler (Medevac) able to be spawned via Zeus
- MH-92 DAP (Assault) now has DAGRs, only available for the co-pilot.
- Fixed an HK416 inventory icon

• Like 3

Thanks EricJ, Loaded up the newer UH-60s models and they look good.

Just wanted to give you a heads up that some of your changes also updated the missile systems with Hellfire / DAGR. Previous version had limited locking cone requiring the aircraft to be nosed down for a lock. DAGER also required laser to be on and locked on also.  DAGR now track where camera is looking no lock required. Hellfire laser lock has a lot more flexibility than before.  I am guessing all of that is from updating them to current versions? 

Do you have any intentions toto adjusting the flight model? Right now the pitch is extremely fast while the roll and  collective is very sluggish. 

A few people who have experience with it seem to think it's right on the money, or at least good enough for government work, so I'm loathe to adjust it.

As for locking it probably is 1.84 as i made no adjustments to missile code.

Gotcha,  was hoping for it handle a little more like the RHS so it's not as big of a change when swapping between them.