Wow.  And I thought the "V" tail would be to difficult.  From watching the video I agree that the FM is probably right given the thrust from the two fans.  Like the sound of the bird as well. Superb work!

I'm noticing it's a bit more tighter now that I added a more suitable (and reliable) HMD, but that could be just me, as I'm about to record another video as it seems to have changed.

Lol it's got lazers and shit :) Nice one:

And the second test flight, it's more controllable now but it's also not hard to haul ass either...

https://youtu.be/PHKy5RD5aRo

A small idea on "futurising" the Little Bird, how about giving it radar at the top similar to the Longbow's radar, along with laser designator. It would serve as flying scout and forward air controller. Just an idea though.

Anyway, I watched the video and I like the size of the fans compared to the rest of the AH-96, they do not look too small as they appear to me on MH-92.

Here's a composite image of the current models of the MH-92 and the AH-96 in Object Builder, as you can see the fans on the MH-92 are bigger and therefore it's just perspective that causes the apparent lack of ability to judge fan size. And another point is that this isn't DCS so while A3 is nowhere near the ability to properly model physics, I think the fans still are good to go as far as relative to the fuselage size etc.:

wip1728.jpg

As for a Little Bird remake, out of the question, I don't have any plans of doing such a modification.

• Like 1

Some preliminary cockpit modernization, and frankly cockpit makeover as well:

wip1729.jpg

I'm also slowly removing a lot of the legacy stuff (such as the TOW controller) as well as various other cockpit stuff that can go away.

wip1730.jpg

wip1732.jpg

wip1731.jpg

And some nose reshaping

wip1733.jpg

I've also removed some of the external features due to modern electronics/sensors as well as just not high quality anymore.

• Like 2

Thanks to you as well Miller!

Added an analog Horizon ball for the pilot as well as a monitor feed of the gunner FLIR image:

wip1734.jpg

And a requested UH-60M Medevac configuration:

wip1735.jpg

And finally:

wip1736.jpg

The gun uses the old A2 values for the rraverse and elevation, etc. from the AH-1Z so there's not much of a change. I may also change it to a more Apache system but so far it works, so I'm not complaining too much right now.

• Like 1

After some flight testing of the Ah-96 I found out that the view is pretty bad for stuff like landing on something like the Fast Sea Frigate, so I have what are called "Flight Pages" for the pilot's seat, that has normal and NVG vision that is not slewed to the turret and frankly strictly for the pilot to use. Additionally I managed to get what I was derailed working, the Co-Pilot FLIR page can now be turned on and off (default on) by the Co-Pilot/Gunner (and named "CP/G FLIR On/Off" respectively, only for the military and PMC XX-92 birds. Given I'm getting better with adding pages and the like I'm considering adding an NVG page for the gunner on the Ah-96. Also currently all view pages are strictly left side MFD (has to do something) and tweaking some analog stuff.

Taro8 been mulling over the Little Bird and such... and honestly ducting it is a bit just too extreme, as the frame is pretty small as it is and doesn't need it anyway, it's small enough. If I do muck with it I was thinking more or less a more improved Hughes 500MD Defender rather than an Avatar mashup. Anyway I'll think on it more later on but right now I got enough to do with the AH-96.

Reworking the basic A2 texture to at least represent it better (BIS texture was way off):

wip1737.jpg

As well as WIP Formation light setup. I kept to the legacy spots (other than the top and tail rear):

wip1738.jpg

wip1739.jpg

wip1740.jpg

• Like 2

Also fixed the fan Formation strips:

wip1741.jpg

Here's a small video again with the AH-96, this time the Flight MFDs that i was talking about. For now it seems like a good location to assist in landings from the pilot's seat, as the copilot/gunner slot has a good enough view. Again that's how it currently sits, but I still may adjust it, etc.:

https://youtu.be/ne5CX-z1_JU

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtaDE4WXpPNHhNaHc/view?usp=sharing

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ADuke's OH-58 ALPHA

AC3
- Updated fuel capacity (thanks to Tierdisogni)

• Like 1

Jesus Christ.......of course you post it while I am on vacation....grrrrr.......

Funny thing, I have been scouring Armaholic amd the forums all week for something to look fwd to, now I have it. Woot Kiowa!!!

Any way I could convince you to post a teaser pic of the Kiowa??

~S

Here's a few I took for the Steam upload:

promo13.jpg

promo14.jpg

promo15.jpg

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtaDE4WXpPNHhNaHc/view?usp=sharing

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ADuke's Kiowa for A3

AC4
- Increased engine sound slightly
- Reduced max speed to 222 km/h

• Like 2

Looks good!! I go home tomorrow.....guess what the first thing I am gonna do is??? :-)

Thanks EricJ & ADuke!!!

~Rob

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtWktNY3BJUFpWWlk/view?usp=sharing

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ADuke's Kiowa for A3

AC5
- Fixed sound issue

• Like 1

One of my favorite helicopters of all time finally makes the transition to Arma 3 :) Thank You!