Arma 3 Public Training Scheduled:

When: Friday March 4  2000 EST to 2100-2200 EST

TS IP: ts45.gameservers.com:9188

Server IP: 63.141.226.59

Port: 20302

Training: Helicopter Insertion/Extraction Techniques.(Troop Helicopters only)

Mods Available (not required):

RHS: AFRF

RHS: USAF

EricJ UH-60 RC17

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

If a milsim unit wants to "reserve" let me know and I'll close it off but be advised that I'll be around, if nobody shows I'm locking the server and the TS back up. Recommend a few pilots (3-4) or if a milsim unit needs to help, then let me know.

I would love to fly as pilot. Have experience etc, actually I am flying a joint ops mission next day, so it'd be a good practice. I fly AFM, would pilot RHS UH-60. Would it be OK for me to join?

That's fine, the server and TS stay locked as I had one "incident" where a couple guys showed up and I asked them what they needed and pulled the silent treatment on me so I booted them. But regardless the TS and server will be opened then.

I'm not worried about what milsim unit you're in as it's not to Poach from a lot of units, but just for those who may need some help, that's all.

But I have no problem as I fly Standard personally. But i have no problems man.

FInally got the doors looking right:

Right now the "major" issue is clipping, I don't know if you're stuck to one Anim as it obviously didn't switch to another animation as I can set (I think) a crouching animation so when the doors are closed your feet aren't sticking out. If nobody has a problem then I'll go that route.Fransden sent me his source work to help out and it's been a major help in getting things working.

Cool, it's late in the night at my place, but I hope to join at least for an hour, or so. See you online and thanks!

No problem man

And the new animation:

wip1635.jpg

Obviously I need to move it back but may restrict arcs a bit more but... when the doors close you're not getting shot by enemy fire. If there's a more cooler pose (as well as safer) I can use that instead, but given there's no way to switch anims this is what you'll get. Needless to say when the door closes you can't fire.

• Like 1

G'day Eric,

Glad to see you're having success with the doors. The sitting in the door animation doesn't look bad either.

How goes the issue with the Hellfires?

ACE3 compatibility (now that I have some "time" to relax after all this door work and only tweaking stuff. Right now I have enabled ACE3 interaction for the Helfires (still haven't shown up yet, I think a Tools Update will fix that issue, usually does) but I poked around the GitHub for ACE3 and didn't find any specific code so if there's something for the Medevac then if somebody can point the lines or reference a mod that uses it I can look there.

A couple more addtions to the UH-60 pack

- US Army and US Navy are now "Factions" within the game structure so they can be separated and organized accordingly.

Some other things going on:

- Texture work for the gun pack, next weekish.

- Some DCS stuff that I need to work on that I've been putting off.

- Kiowa. It's not a priority but will be tinkered with , but not forgotten either.

Due to the continued harassment from Karen Libera Smith, Public Training is canceled. I'm sorry but she wants some attention, so I'll spend that time filling out some reports to the FBI.

Too bad, some people never mature apparently.

You know right? I may be in a better mood tomorrow so we'll see though, I just need a good night's slieep and I'll be okay tomorrow.

Training is still on for tomorrow night. Sometimes drama has to force it's way in my life, and frankly I have no time for it. I just don't.

Anyway, been pulling my hair out trying to get the UH/MH-92 doors to operate all day and last night. Turns out I needed to adjust some setting and it works, somewhat. Funny thing is the S-92s worked fine without any tweaking, but the UH/MH versions needed some special settings. So right now the UH/MH-60s all work, remember those that actually have a troop carrying capacity (even the two bubba MH-60S) have animated doors. I'm sure there are some who want to look at a cheaply textured box but no, I'll leave those alone.

RVMAT tweaking, seeing how things look with a SOCMOD version from Warlord554. Also note the new geometries I lifted from the A2 Merlin, given that the door anims work now, I had to move to these in order for the windows to move with the doors properly.

wip1636.jpg

wip1637.jpg

wip1638.jpg

And giving a bit of a facelift for some cockpit textures. I"m also in the process of removing the old A2 geometries and adding better displays:

wip1639.jpg

• Like 2

And some -L cockpit tweaking as well:

wip1641.jpg

wip1642.jpg

Some more work, added a NON-FUNCTIONING SO FAR PNVS geometry. If I can get it to slave to the CP/G it'll be a cool feature but for now it's just "there":

wip1643.jpg

And for the gun pack, a basic black scheme for the Initiative Pawnee (BIS scheme):

wip1644.jpg

And some UH-60M version MFD work:

wip1645.jpg

Training is on right now, so if interested hop on my TS.

That is some impressive work! Demonstrating my ineptitude about modeling, could you use the FLIR view from the UAS as a start point for your PNVS?

That is some impressive work! Demonstrating my ineptitude about modeling, could you use the FLIR view from the UAS as a start point for your PNVS?

You lost me, huh?

Hi Eric,

Some really nice work there - appreciated   :)

Thanks man, I know the geometries look a bit less detailed as they should, but they would move away from the doors, same thing with the Formation Lights, which did the same thing even though it was part of the named selection, I may revisit the elevator formation lights though.

G'day Eric,

Eveything looks to be coming along nicely. UH-60s are looking good.

Thanks man, again once the Hellfires show up I'll let you all know and get things uploaded. Honestly it's giving me some time in doing a lot of cleanup on the models.

Some shots from the small training session:

https://www.facebook.com/EricJ56/media_set?set=a.10153975481194855.1073741843.768464854&type=3&pnref=story

You lost me, huh?

Sorry about that.  I think I misunderstood your statement. I think from now on I will just watch your work and enjoy flying the aircraft.

I think I understand, check your PM.

And finally without too much trouble:

wip1646.jpg

wip1647.jpg

On the Gun Pack front:

- Took a leaf from ACE3 and added some Laser Guided mortar rounds, only four though for some game balance, and the M252/L16 has only four smoke rounds instead of eight, had to sacrifice some things.

- Barrett M468 needs some polishing up and then I'll be able to integrate it into the pack, as well as take it to the WeaponSmith and get it setup for use. That so far will be the only gun addition as I don't have much.

- Got the Initiative Pawnee and :Little Bird setup so that's good to go. Just need to do the Offroad texture and Kamaz textures and they'll be good to go.

Kiowa:

- Haven't forgotten about it, it's as it comes along, so not given up on it but there is a lot of things to play with for the UH-60s so that's been my major focus, but won't leave the Kiowa to rot.

• Like 1