Oh I know man and understand, so there's really not much I can do.

Out of curiosity, do you know how many polygons are in the typical weapon in-game?

At max LOD? I'd be lying if I new offhand but the rule of thumb you don't need a very high poly model to get a good result. I'd say 10, 15k? It may be a bit more or less but I'd recommend that if Buldozer says you can't see it in there, you won't see it in-game. Use the "Game Ready" rule of thumb when bringing in models too.

At max LOD? I'd be lying if I new offhand but the rule of thumb you don't need a very high poly model to get a good result. I'd say 10, 15k? It may be a bit more or less but I'd recommend that if Buldozer says you can't see it in there, you won't see it in-game. Use the "Game Ready" rule of thumb when bringing in models too.

well yeah I just want to get an idea so that I can eliminate all these rough edges and get smooth, real-looking textures and such

I'd suggest using Photoshop or GIMP rather than a 3D program as that's why it's like that. Besides the textures are old as shit too.

Some testing on a server:

wip1405.jpg

And basic texturing:

wip1406.jpg

wip1407.jpg

WIP Optic view:

wip1408.jpg

And fully textured for now:

wip1409.jpg

More work:

Finalized and tested the optic for the Ibex TSS:

wip1411.jpg

As well as some external tweaks:

wip1412.jpg

Yep thanks. So far it's just too good I have to literally not use it :)

And some work on the helos:

wip1413.jpg

Right now its actually usable, and the only "issue" is the barrels aren't rotating so that's something to work on and get working. Once I get that I'll remodel the mounting.

And a quick video of the Ibex TSS accuracy:

Okay unless GeneralKong can get me that "Generic Militia" template I can get the next version out of the Weapons Pack out in a day or two, and get to really seriously working on the helos, been putting it off too long.

Thanks for the listing, my only change is that the Leader won't have the MCR, and give him the AK Tactical, and the rest basic AKs given ammunition supply considerations.

Yep, I'll see what I can do.

Speaking of helos... I dropped the money for this, but my issue is that i don't have 3DSMax...

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/avatar-2009-singlemodel-max/594809

I do have the files of course and hoping to get this into A3 given it's the coolest thing I've seen. The only issue is of course polys but i it can be put into the game I'd be grateful and would appreciate it.

Okay got the Militia Units done, and changed it from the 249 to the PKM Tactical, reason being is that Russian gear is far easier to get than most Western stuff (though there exists things like Afghanistan, etc. from ANA stockpiles).

On that note given the real world Oregon incident I may do the same except of course "Wesern" given a book by Harold Coyle, "Against All Enemies" and had been a theme to explore, so I'll see what I can do after this build as again I need to focus on the helos.

And some helmet tweaking:

wip1415.jpg

wip1416.jpg

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtUGZ1ajVZcUtxZjQ/view?usp=sharing

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

EricJ Weapons Pack

RC74
- Improved the HK stocks, adding better detail.
- Added a CTR Stock to the M4A1 CQBR.
- Increased the volume on the LWRC as the original sound was too low
- Added an M252/L16 81mm mortar. It breaks down into two large Carryalls for transport.
- Added a non-functioning Grip Pod to the L85A2 to British Army standard.
- Added an M40 IR grenade variant.
- Tweaked HK417 rail systems, used the texture supplied by Spaceman0372
- Added an M67 Frag grenade, similar to the default RGO and "smaller" to reflect the real world version, compared to the game version.
- Shortened the C8 CQB barrel slightly.
- Rescaled the AKs slightly.
- Added requested "Militia" units, check Readme for names and classnames
- Tweaked more bipod points for more weapons that I missed in RC73
- TWeaked Multicam textures for the various helmets.
- Updated non-Steam MP Missions of the relevant Insurgency maps, main addition there is an automatic parachute opening for HALO insertions.

Sorry if this is a really stupid question, Eric J. I don't know much about authentic weapons.

I'm looking for a Taliban units pack and see that yours are unarmed (I'm not particularly good at adding these things myself) because you didn't want to require people to use certain faction mods. But I see you also have your own weapons pack.

Would there be any plans in the future for arming them with your own mod?

- Added a non-functioning Grip Pod to the L85A2 to British Army standard.

Why non-functioning? Is it planned to make it functioning? It is possible.

Sorry if this is a really stupid question, Eric J. I don't know much about authentic weapons.

I'm looking for a Taliban units pack and see that yours are unarmed (I'm not particularly good at adding these things myself) because you didn't want to require people to use certain faction mods. But I see you also have your own weapons pack.

Would there be any plans in the future for arming them with your own mod?

The ones in my weapons pack are already armed.

Why non-functioning? Is it planned to make it functioning? It is possible.

Well, you PM me a source model and I'll make it happen. But for now I have no clue on how to make it work.

And finally got the barrels to rotate:

• Like 1

The ones in my weapons pack are already armed.

Oh wow! Thanks! I just looked through the Readme over on Steam and see you not only have Taliban fighters, but Afghan civilians too! This is great.

I didn't see anything regarding faction names and compatibilty with ALiVE. I only see classnames. Are your units ALiVE compatible and if so, are the actual faction names available anywhere (Incase I'm not making sense, ALiVE allows the use of faction names which then randomize the individual units from that class across the battlefield)?

EDIT: To narrow down the enormous amount of pages here, I used the search bar (typed in ALiVE) and see you have been asked about it before, but also see that units may not have been designed to work with the mod in general.

My apologies. The last reference you made to ALiVE mentions it wasn't a priority for you (which makes sense) so for now, unless obviously you say otherwise.

Sorry to bother you, EricJ. Those look like very high quality units I just specifically need them to be ALiVE compatible. Take care!

They are not ALIVE compatible as I don't have the inclination to adapt them to that mod. However if you know how feel free to make a config that supports this mod. I simply don't care to accommodate for a lot of things as its not a high priority. Yes I know it enhances the mod greatly but I just don't care. I have fun with the EOS system from BangaBob for the Insurgency maps and that's about it.

• Like 1