Great Mods thankyou for you efforts.

Will the Talibans ever be uploaded to steam workshop?

There's nothing really stopping me, but given that people don't see the obvious text in front of them, I've been real hesitant. So I'll throw it up and see how it goes and go from there.

Did some checking around for the Magpul sights and there are aftermarket (as far as I understand) tritium sights for those who like iron sight shooting (or servers that enforce it):

wip1396.jpg

They'll of course go on All off the ones I have now.

Next up is I finally figured out how to get the Variable Stance Position to actually stop bullets and other things and allow holes. Admittedly the last time I did anything like that was the Firing Barrier shown in the last half of the video from my VBS1 days:

I never liked the Takistani forces on Arma 2 OA, yesterday i saw your Afghan pack and the afghan uniform camouflages' (litterally the history) by Craig

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24765

i mixed all and the result is a fantastic  new (potential) Takistan Army!!!!  :D  

EfI3_fxCwoR9OwZFoyflSxjcP3FoFAGos05UEWvTxThZZD2gfvRp4fwnbkyyvq3QX5WXFmPdeX4MY3Ca
45ITOEgBC1u_AahR4dsDRuGcoO099cK9bE8dQA639X2JSMvi8UJuqXqs5SSPbE6P-Xd6yBkFBibe4sSbJk9Aiwi80QKYhrGbZUNSngKQD0SnllFLMg2KNfY8

• Like 1

Lol looks pretty good!

i liked the looks of those iron sights. However it it were me i would round the rear sight a little. But that's just me. The rest of it would make shooting iron's not so bad :)

The "read" sight?

Thanks Kari!

For next year (which some of you are already at or very close anyway):

An old mount, a Larue mount that found in my archive of stuff from a decade ago:

wip1397.jpg

And the start (finally) of the M197 mount, at least the start, and looks more menacing than the real world mount, which looks.. well...:

wip1398.jpg

And Happy New Year!

• Like 1

Hey EricJ.  Happy Holidays!

There is an error I am having with the SCAR-L w/SF60. 

http://i.imgur.com/SmYeU3S.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/r2eaVYP.jpg

Opening up the pbo file shows that the file is there. 

Currently, the only mods I have activated are CBA_A3 version 2.2.0.151130 and your weapon mod pack version RC72. Is it alright if you look into it?  Not game breaking by any means, just unable to use that particular gun.

Shit, I'll fix it thanks!

Okay I'll upload it on Steam so Steam users should see it first. Google Drive is being a pain in the ass so non-Steam users will see it tomorrow (or next year, whatever):

Here's what to expect now:

RC73
- Tweaked LWRC 6.8 and also tweaked the sound as well as AI settings
- Added an M68 with a Larue mount, from my VBS1 days.
- Tweaked the Ibex Light and Laser combo and renamed to "Ibex M5 Module Light" and "Ibex M5 Module Laser"
- Added a Black version of the Ibex Light and Laser combo textures.
- Fixed the RMR-Tan 2D.
- Added another A2 port, an EOTech 553 (Rifle) sight permanently set for 300m as well as an "SMG" version set for 100m.
- Tweaked the texture associations on the Heckler & Koch rifles.
- Tweaked the M8 (PMC), adjusted the bipod proxy as well as other tweaks.
- Fixed the TA31 geometry issue when using the bipod when prone. Note that the issue seems to be unresolved with the UNSUNG mod and so far that's it. Other mods may affect it but against most other uniforms it works fine.
- Moved the rail cover to the left side on the M4s due to the proxy change.
- Changed the stocks on the C8 CQB and M4 Custom to Magpul CTR stocks.
- All Magpul flip sights now have "aftermarket" tritium inserts for use at night.
- Variable Stance Position now effectively stops bullets and is more "solid".
- Aimpoint M68s are lighter in color
- Adjusted the top proxy for the LWRC6.8
- Tweaked the Aimpoint models.

- Fixed wrong texture path on the SCAR-L w/SF60

No there is no consideration to change texture s as my other day "job" is doing aircraft textures, to include helicopters. And besides Olive Drab has more green than the US Army blend. I'd provide a Cybermodeller link but I'm on my phone. Besides I checked the angles in Object Builder and both the static rotor and the "moving" rotor is angled as well.

Thanks for the quick reply! I meant the actual airframe should have the tail end lower when hovering. BI got the angle of the rotor right by putting it at a slight forward angle, but they failed to use the correct angle for the airframe. If you have trouble visualizing, just google a video of a -60 hovering and you'll see there is a noticably depressed tail end of the airframe while maintaining a hover.

Have a good NYE all!

I think what you're trying to achieve requires actual manipulation of the game code, so the overall point is that in Object Builder it's fairly level and that's just a game mechanic that is beyond me to tweak, i.e. its hardcoded.

I can understand the nitpick of it all but this is not DCS, so if you want exact quality as far as the nitty gritty of that, then get DCS, make a Blackhawk module, and then you'll have full realism. Or buy FSX and fly your Blackhawk like that.

And besides the world is still turning, so thanks for the recommendation on how to do my job, but it's not going to be able to be replicated.

In other words, No.

Hey EricJ, someone called Wee-B has released your Taliban Fighters on the Workshop, and also uploaded the PG Services mod aswell (im going to inform them aswell)

• Like 1

The fuck? I never authorized him/her do to so. Fucking gamer drama....

Anyway reported it as well. Dumbass gamers....

Okay first off Happy New Year!

Stuff to start working onL

Weapons pack:

- Maintenance, as well as other tweaks

- A few more optic variants, as well as perhaps some magnifiers.

- GeneralKong I'm warming up to that Generic Militia idea so if you can send me the stuff on Saturday I'd appreciate it.

Helos:

- Now that I have a more "artistic license" feel for the M197 (I'll still make the real world frame) I can actually get off my lazy ass and actually finish it, will have to learn how to rotate barrels

- Not much really planned for the helos, though da12thmonkey provided a link for allowing user skins instead of hiddenselections to always be used (though the function will be available and would make any unit skins and the like to be done without needing to always use hiddeneelections (though one guy PMd me about it to get it working in the Editor).

- I don't have many plans to do weapon configurations given the limited selection available anyway that the helos can use.

- I've been bouncing the idea of an Apache but given 87th_Neptune's and RHS's gear I may pass on it, who knows. If there's some interest I can make it as basic as any other port anyway.

Additional Camos for weapons: Given the open structure if you have some talent (given my lack of talent for weapons, I'm far better at aircraft, always have been) I don't mind you sending me the appropriate files to include in the pack. I do of course have final say if it's a bit stupid or rediculous. Use it in your own pack or whatever, etc.

Any chance your going to update the M4a1 CBQR models with the sweet looking stock :) And the iron sights worked well. I meant round the corners of the rear site. But after using it in game i didn't even notice it. Nice work

Yeah I used Gunstruction.com to get a good perspective of the MBUS, and frankly i'm looking to update them as they're good for stand-ins but need some TLC as well. I found some other kind on Turboquid but not going to get them even though they're pretty nicely done.

But yeah I can throw the CTR on there, no reason not to.

Speaking of TLC, working on improving the HK stocks:

wip1399.jpg

Also another thing.... I did an L16/M252 Mortar for 16AA last year. Given it's been setup for A3 I was pondering in including it (if anybody is really interested).in the next update. Along with that I'll update the L85A2 given the standard it's at now (been putting that off). No I can't get the grip pod working (the bipod mechanics don't work with me) so I can set the "bipod" so it looks right when used in-game.

• Like 1

Thanks Foxhound!