Does the M16A4 have a special barrel or whatever where it can't be suppressed? I'd think that if other similar weapons can be suppressed, then that one would as well, regardless of not finding pictures on the internet.

I agree, I can't really think WHY a suppressor like a Gemtech Halo wouldn't fit on an A4, it uses the same A2 flash hider after all. Honestly from what I know based off of almighty infallible book learning (so I may very well be wrong here) I'd say its more a question of operational considerations. From what I know the A4, when used by the US Army and as now used by the USMC is mostly issued to regular infantry and rear-echelon types who would in normal circumstances never use / be issued a suppressor. At the same time the "high speed, low drag" type special forces folks (Green Berets, Force recon and MARSOC) who are most likely to have / use a suppressor would probably be using carbines, and anybody in those units who needed the longer barrel / range advantage that an A4 would bring over a carbine (assuming they are still sticking to 5.56) would probably be running something purpose-built like a Mk12 SPR or SAM-R instead.

Basically think of it as putting off-road mud tires on a car, something that you rarely see, (and even rarer does it make much sense), but is still entirely possible. 

And before I go to bed, a geared up M16A4, and given no real photos of it ever being suppressed, will not mount a suppressor, unless I'm wrong...? and a glamour shot of the holster and how it looks with the MHS. I wish they'd show the silencer as well as the optic (Like GRAW/2 did):

M16A4s can mount suppressors just as pretty much any other military grade AR-15 rifle can, so long as it has a threaded barrel (which it does.)

You just don't ever see it happening because M16s are only really used by general troops that have no need for suppressors, and special troops that do use suppressors prefer shorter carbines like the M4A1 or MK18.

It should be able to be suppressed, its used by US Special Forces 

Does the M16A4 have a special barrel or whatever where it can't be suppressed? I'd think that if other similar weapons can be suppressed, then that one would as well, regardless of not finding pictures on the internet.

Nope, "same" barrel but it's just not common.

My apologies. I am sensitive to classification of materials and would not mention compartmented information in open forum.

Thank you for your great work.

Won't happen again.

Thanks man, there's stuff I know too that I don't talk about (unless in the right circles). If for some reason I was doing work for VBS3 or such, that would definitely appear, as it's doable. Just that gamers think it's kosher because it's on WikiLeaks or such. But they fail to connect that it's still classified information. I've had issues with my Strike Fighters 2 Super Hornet, where people dig on some sites and it's like "Oh I wan this added.", and so on. I came off a bit harsh but overall but given it's my ass that'll be in the sling and not yours I get how I act.

M16A4s can mount suppressors just as pretty much any other military grade AR-15 rifle can, so long as it has a threaded barrel (which it does.)

You just don't ever see it happening because M16s are only really used by general troops that have no need for suppressors, and special troops that do use suppressors prefer shorter carbines like the M4A1 or MK18.

Pretty much why I don't get motivated to suppress the rifle. When it's all said and done I can still throw the proxy on and give it the capability in the config, so it's not a game restriction, just something I never seen yet. Which doesn't mean that it can't happen, I just haven't seen it.

And just in case:

wip1224.jpg

You could make the M16 a bit more special, Add an adjustable stock verion, so it looks more or less along the lines of the Canadian C7A2 platform. And hey, if you want some more gun ideas... The C6,C7,C8 and C9 are pretty cool :D

4895174208_bde489f7f4_b.jpg

C7A1 (Top) C7A2 (Bottom)

c7a1_a2.jpg

Dutch C7 and C8 look pretty cool also..

15372214194_86c60cdf0b_b.jpg

Why do I need to make it more Canadian? There wasn't any plan to do in the first place. I may remove the front sight post and make it like the M4 that I have already, but that's about as far as I'm thinking of going with it. I got other things I'm focusing on, and it's not Canadian specific weaponry. Didn't O'Hally do some Canadian stuff already?

Anyway the direction I'm going to go with this, as 7-75 came up with this idea and frankly one of the best ones so far. I'll probably remodel the forearm rail but otherwise going to be set in that configuration, as well as a possible 203 version as well.

wip1225.jpg

Decided to go ahead and remodel the M16:

wip1226.jpg

wip1227.jpg

wip1228.jpg

wip1229.jpg

Nice Looking M16 :)

Hey man, just had a idea for a generic Militia Faction, if you wish to add one, its just something if you wish to implement it:

http://postimg.org/gallery/2zjodvdrs/bf1905e3/

If you want to add more units, to flesh them out, and add whatever vehicles you wish, go right on ahead

the side they are one, Im thinking that maybe you could put them on both OPFOR and INDFOR

Nice work so far man :)

Thanks!

Right now I'm not looking to do much at the moment, as I'm still busy with other things, so maybe, maybe not. I'll see how I feel when I'm able to do more with A3 other than what I'm concerning myself right now with.

Unfortunately I had to let Graeme go as far as the readme's, as he's simply too busy to ensure that a nicely done one is available, so it's back to the old version. But for now and the future it'll be the basic black and white one that I had to do for the UH-60 one, as I had to redo the classnames;

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/Ultimax100readme.pdf

New UI icons and textured M16A4 Custom:

wip1232.jpg

wip1233.jpg

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtNmhoTnAxOVAyR2c/view?usp=sharing

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Taliban Fighters RC5

- Fixed various clipping issues.

Thanks!

Quick video showing that the MHS is still as accurate as the 45CL:

Hey EricJ, the Taliban mod looks promising. I have a couple of questions, I hope you're not tired of answering these:

Are you planning on removing the hats from the uniform, and making the hat's actual 3D objects for the headgear slot?

Is it in any way possible to remove the default config with the weapons that aren't in the mod?

I'm liking the textures of the clothing, you've done an excellent job.

I hope you have a great day, and don't feel annoyed by my post. I respect the amount of time you put into this.

• Like 1

Updated mod v0.5 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey EricJ , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Thanks Foxhound and Kari!

Hey EricJ, the Taliban mod looks promising. I have a couple of questions, I hope you're not tired of answering these:

Are you planning on removing the hats from the uniform, and making the hat's actual 3D objects for the headgear slot?

Is it in any way possible to remove the default config with the weapons that aren't in the mod?

I'm liking the textures of the clothing, you've done an excellent job.

I hope you have a great day, and don't feel annoyed by my post. I respect the amount of time you put into this.

The hats are removed on some of the uniforms and can do in the near future.

There are no weapons in the standalone version, and no option for alternate configs, they're unarmed (except for a couple vanilla grenades) so mission makers can use their own weapons.

Thank BIS as they're ports from A2 Takistan Civilians, so all I did was move them from that game to A3

• Like 1

Hmmm I ran some tests on some servers and didn't have any issues with any sounds whatsoever, with JSRS running and RHS: AFRF. So there has to be an issue with your computer as nobody else is reporting any issues other than you. Given I don't run the USAF pack from RHS that may be a factor, or not, but if I can disable JSRS and run my mod, as well as others with no change, there doesn't seem to be an issue.

Quick video showing that the MHS is still as accurate as the 45CL:

Hey, don't mean to derail your thread but what firing range / target script is that that you're using in the vid? The reason I'm asking is because I've never found one that's able to show / keep bullet groupings like that, the ones that I have seen always show the hit marker lower than where the bullet actually impacted the target.

From what i can tell its not a script, but this is in the Initialization box for that target:

this allowdamage false; this addEventHandler ["HitPart", {_spr = "Sign_Sphere10cm_F" createVehicle [0,0,0]; _spr setPosASL (_this select 0 select 3); _shooter = _this select 0 select 1; _temp = _shooter getVariable ["hitMarkers",[]]; _temp set [count _temp, _spr]; _shooter setVariable ["hitMarkers",_temp];}];

And to remove the dots this is in the Laptop (not shown but part of the map):Initialization box:

this addaction ["Reset Markers",{{ deleteVehicle _x; }foreach (player getvariable ["hitMarkers",[]])},0,0,true,true,"","_target distance _this <2 "]

• Like 1

From what i can tell its not a script, but this is in the Initialization box for that target:

this allowdamage false; this addEventHandler ["HitPart", {_spr = "Sign_Sphere10cm_F" createVehicle [0,0,0]; _spr setPosASL (_this select 0 select 3); _shooter = _this select 0 select 1; _temp = _shooter getVariable ["hitMarkers",[]]; _temp set [count _temp, _spr]; _shooter setVariable ["hitMarkers",_temp];}];

And to remove the dots this is in the Laptop (not shown but part of the map):Initialization box:

this addaction ["Reset Markers",{{ deleteVehicle _x; }foreach (player getvariable ["hitMarkers",[]])},0,0,true,true,"","_target distance _this <2 "]

Thanks very much for the prompt response.