Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks again Foxhound!

The M240B on the MHS Transport is inverted, pushing the mouse left means the gun turns right and you can no longer Spawn in as gunner in the DAP choppers 

Known Issue, and hell if I know what the hell is going on with that as I use A2 values, which playing A2 isn't. I may have to mount them rather than use the proxies, which it does now.

• Like 1

Hello,

It seems that Hellfire on armed MH-60 are no more visible.

So what is the difference between these two Blackhawk ?

MH60MDAP4 (MH-60M 4-Pylon (M230/Hellfire/DAGR))

MH60MDAP8H (MH-60M 4-Pylon (M230/Hellfire/DAGR))

Thanks,

I think it may be patch related but not sure how it happened to be honest with you, and thought it was on my end, apparently not.

Thanks for the heads up and will be corrected in the next update.

Well I just made the above moot anyway, or not relevant. I've completely stripped the current upload and redoing it, so it'll be redone... sometime. Please don't hit me up for requests, as duh, the shit is being reworked so if you have a request, don't ask for it, as I'll tell you not to ask for it. Once things get more settled then I'll see about prior stuff but as said before, I will not in the near term be working on any custom units as right now I'm like, focusing on getting things working on the helos again, so I won't have any patience for requests.

Again NO REQUESTS helo-wise anyway. Any issues concerning the current version are going to be Known Issues and Issues I Won't completely be able to fix. Hopefully this redo will fix some as again I'll be focused on them.

Future plans:

Gun pack:

- I've been really thinking of doing an M16A4 (Only version I did like of that weapon) as somebody asked for it and I've been putting it off. The standard weapons for the USAF mod has one, so it'll be a simple move around of files, and she'll be relatively good to go. I've also started tweaking my Glock 45CL to a "Glock MHS", a sort of offering for the Army version, but I highly doubt most people will take it seriously, but I like how it's turning out so far anyway, so that's what's ahead. Maybe some more Aggressor tweaks, like "Haji Matin", a "celebrity" form my former sector, though I think the shithead is dead now anyway, anyway something for HVT missions and the like.

Taliban Stuff

- I've been talking with zeealex and she's helped me figure some things out, as well as some issues. Right now that is not the priority as the helos will take up some time given that simple things sometimes don't work with Arma Logic. Given that the males are good to go I don't have to worry about that much.  Again I will do not do multiple configs with your favorite weapons. Again I intentionally did not arm them because if you don't like my weapons then that's your perogative, and mainly for mission makers but using them in the Editor is fairly easy, and again I just don't have the concern or inclination to do any various configs. I had enough problems with the guns, and just don't want to do it.

Ahh I see now, the top shot? Yeah that's an A2 or old model I had lying about, so it's lower quality, so it's not a graphics issue.

The bottom two shots are what you're supposed to see. HIstorically the optic mount in around 1993 (Black Hawk Down), the mount obscured the iron sights (I would assume so, as I was never there), so I made a compromise for those who like to shoot iron sights as I remember a few mounts that still allowed the iron sights to be used. Not the greatest view but allows some kind of seeing given engine limits. I may make a non-optic version that just mounts a light/laser/whatever.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAUQjhxqFQoTCL2EhqjiiMgCFcegPgodrrcC1A&url=http%3A%2F%2Fs572.photobucket.com%2Fuser%2FKingArms90%2Fmedia%2FSoftgun%2FCIMG1908.jpg.html&psig=AFQjCNGpEmfDHeFZ7Phu2PlEAsodyaDj2g&ust=1442946818025949

And thanks!

Oh, and the sound thing does indeed seem to be server related.  It's a sig check thing, then?

Maybe, there's a Keys folder that you're probably not putting them in (the main A3 directory), but your guess is as good as mine, as some servers allow mods regardless. But otherwise if the sig checks are failing you wouldn't be the only one complaining.

Yes, but the actual peep sight is not round.

It may not be perfectly round, but its round enough. I can understand that graphically it may not be round enough, but if that's your complaint then noted. I may or may not redo the sight, but that's a small problem in itself.

And finally:

Again much thanks to Aduke823....

Okay, so far putting the Helos back together has so far gone pretty good, so within a few days I should hopefully have them up and working and such.  Again probably by the end of this week I can get a revised, "Current" version uploaded, and work on adding more versions, such as Armed Knighthawks and the like. Which is good as this is going together better than I had thought. So far the actual 3d mesh doesn't move around but the video shows that it's good to go, and so far has been working. I know some people have asked about Co-pilots and countermeasures, apparently I just didn't know the code and so far it works good, so now copilots can use the flares when they take control of the aircraft, etc.

And some MHS work:

wip1190.jpg

wip1191.jpg

While some people will have an issue with a rail system on top of the pistol when you can use a cut sight, I like how it looks. Otherwise just the same as the 45CL.

Okay hard mounting the 240s.... Not going to happen, as whenever I add just one, it cranks up the poly count to where the game won't be able to even see the LOD anyway, so hopefully this new config sorts that problem out (automatically reversed mouse movement).

And finally:

"snip"

Again much thanks to Aduke823....

Awesome! Can't wait!

Me too man, I honestly thought it'd be painful as hell, but it's coming back together pretty good so far...

Thanks!

Renamed a couple selections and now the turret animates properly. Working on the MFDs turning "on" and "off" but still working on getting a view for the FLIR to show on the pilot's side.

wip1192.jpg

wip1193.jpg

wip1194.jpg

Needless to say the far right one needs tweaking...

• Like 1

And some MHS work, added some removable sights, tried to keep them slim so it would function in a holster okay:

wip1195.jpg

wip1196.jpg

wip1197.jpg

Can't wait for the next helo release!! Could you put the cursors back on the HUD for when the pilot has to take manual control if the co-pilot dies or uncon? Didn't see them with the new release, but great job on the armor fix and thank you for being so prompt with it.

I'll see what I can do as I use the HUD symbology as opposed to the the game cursors.

Not sure if this is possible or if BI would allow it but could you consider making gunship versions of the Ghosthawk? 

When they decide to release the data packs like A2 then it'll be possible, honestly I'm not entertaining that thought either.

• Like 1

When they decide to release the data packs like A2 then it'll be possible, honestly I'm not entertaining that thought either.

I see, otherwise people would steal the DLC choppers. Maybe at a later date then, or you never know BI could make a Gunship 

Well contrary to popular belief adding more stuff to a stealth airframe doesn't keep it stealthy, so I'm not sure if you're hoping for the same stealth properties or aesthetics.

Well contrary to popular belief adding more stuff to a stealth airframe doesn't keep it stealthy, so I'm not sure if you're hoping for the same stealth properties or aesthetics.

The Gunpod on the F35 ruins the 'stealth' capabilities. Besides i dont think a gunship is looking to be stealthy  

Okay anyway, what is the point? Are you requesting a gunship UH-80? If so submit a feedback tracker and maybe BIS will do something, maybe.

• Like 1

On the DAP front... for the M230 armed versions the pilot will have control of the gun rather than previously. The reason being is that Arma Logic dictates if a helo has a turret, the gun will fire from it, regardless of what I do.  other than that the co-pilot will have control of the missiles. And on that note of missiles, I'm not sure what the issue is, maybe missing a proxy mention in the model.cfg (even though, I didn't need it before), and finding one that should solve the "invisible" Hellfires on the racks at least.