Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

UH-60 A3 Pack RC8

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@EricJ, is it me or does the UH60s with the M240 have a problem with the turning. If I wanna turn to the right, I gotta move my mouse left and vice versa. And if I wanna point the gun up, I gotta move my mouse down and vice versa.

I've been really thinking of taking an "artistic" liberty at Initiative Units and making an "Elite Sniper" unit for kicks, as playing the Insurgency mission has yielded some good results anyway. I'm sure you have some ideas on weapon (Barret came to mind but may not, not sure yet)

Go right on ahead, dont mind seeing what Ideas you have for the Initiative :)

Hi Eric, just wanted to say that i love the scar with the drum magazine, thank you for this awesome mod!

No problem!

@EricJ, is it me or does the UH60s with the M240 have a problem with the turning. If I wanna turn to the right, I gotta move my mouse left and vice versa. And if I wanna point the gun up, I gotta move my mouse down and vice versa.

Offhand I'd be lying to you if I knew why since I copied the values from the A2 version. Methinks is that because its a proxy, and not so much a "mounted" (like the minis on the SOAR versions) 3D model. I may have to just mount them and see how that goes and see if that fixes it. So far it's better than it used to be though...

Go right on ahead, dont mind seeing what Ideas you have for the Initiative :)

Cool :D

And thanks Foxhound and Miller!

Well if you open to suggestions, the McMillan cs5 could be a good choice for a sniper rifle

Some suggestions for your sniper units:

Barrett M98B 

German made (not sure who makes it, probably H & K) DSR-1 or its .50 cal counterpart 

Or if you're looking for something different you could use MKEK JNG-90 or the Steyr Scout Elite  

Hope this helps you

I'm not intending to do much more work with sniper rifles, more or less either it'll be something from this pack or a vanilla weapon (or with Marskman DLC).

Also made some Inert M40s, which "weigh" the same but only pop, and smoke, but don't kill (if needed for training):

wip1121.jpg

wip1122.jpg

yeah i use the operator pack for the cs5 currently but it hasn't been updated in a long time time. I had to write a config file so it would work with the 1.24 patch and hasn't been updated since. Plus you do such a great job with your guns, i had to offer. No worries tho man.

Well much appreciated but I have enough things to worry about at the moment so I'm a bit set for the next couple weeks, but if I do manage to I'll of course post here.

Some initial RPG work, thank God it didn't take that much to get working (only "issue" so far was getting the anim to work, as you can see here). I removed the rear flip sight and left the front one up (just in case you didn't have an optic, at least you have something). I may raise it (probably should) so that if you put an optic on, it will not show the front sight, or the front sight won't get in the way.  The A2 version has three types of rounds, so I'll probably get those implemented, as well as probably, likely do a Persian Islamic Faction RPG gunner.  Also I was thinking of giving AT4 users the ability to target infantry as well, so that will be tweaked and so on:

wip1123.jpg

wip1124.jpg

wip1125.jpg

• Like 1

Managed to redesign the optic mount, lowered it and moved it offset a bit so regardless of optic, it won't be blocked by the front sight:

wip1126.jpg

wip1127.jpg

• Like 1

Well I'll keep hope that you may do it at a later date. :-) nice work on that rpg looks awesome.

More work, haven't textured the new mount but pretty much needs some tweaking. I did some research and found out that the -7V is 140m/s, so I'll go with that (actually the same as the -32), but given one has Rocket Assist I may add that one (not sure what designation that is) it's easy to add along with the normal warheads. On the helo front did some model.cfg tweaking to hopefully get some stuff moving, like wheels and the FLIR ball, so if I get those working that'd be awesome as it's been a nagging issue.

RPG work:

wip1128.jpg

wip1129.jpg

wip1130.jpg

wip1131.jpg

wip1132.jpg

And concept look of Initiative Elite Sniper. In a sense the weapon is "downgraded" but given the relative "SCAR" theme thought it would fit nicely with the current units.

wip1133.jpg

Did some thinking on your request BagPiperGuy and you and other people are going to have to realize that weapons, especially rockets and Hellfires, start to load up a bird real fast (I'm sure gatordev can confirm), so if I was going to do an armed Knighthawk, you're gonna have what's in the pic, a max of two dudes in the back. Besides you'd be amazed how 12 heavily armed and laden bubbas start to do the same in loading down a bird, so any form of a  "Black Hind" is out of the question. Mater of fact the DAPs have that massive fuel tank in the back so that is what you get, capabilities are reduced, i.e. you get a tradeoff between combat load, performance, and so on. So when I get to it only two bubbas will be in the back (besides in reality there is decided backblast hazard with the rockets and Hellfires anyway, so what the illustration shows, is what you get. Or if that was nixed because of safety issues then there won't be a version. Yes, you can argue A3 doesn't effectively model backblast and damage (though ACE3 does) it's still not realistic, so that's pretty much where I sit on that issue.

Looking good, the ACO looks way better than clunky iron sights or a giant 4x scope, might be able to land a shot accuratly. Might be fun to mount a full fledged sniper scope on it aswell 

You might get better performance with a reflex sight, real world ranges credit some having an effective range of 500m, while during my tour I heard around 400m, but that was Iraqi standards so... who really knows. Even in Afghanistan you're not shooting very long range in valleys either (mine was probably a good klick across if not a bit more.  But overall I think I read somewhere that 900m maybe was achieved, a lot of sources are giving varied information so as you can see, it's a bit much. Game-wise I'm getting better accuracy with an ACO (200m zero) than with an Ibex (100m) Launcher Sight or even the ACOG 3x35mm that I use on my rifles.  So I think maybe the Mk17 or so may be the "sweet spot".  The Rocket Assist rounds I used give better play, but you have to remember that it's using the RPG-32 ballistics and weight, so there's a huge drop once out of the tube.  However, I may make a special model for that round (easy to do really) and use real world weights and see if that improves performance.

Okay got more research done, the RPG itself seems to have a "max" speed of 294m/s and a lot more sources are confirming it. Also managed to make an adjustment for the Ibex Launcher Sight, now has a 300m drop compensator for long range shots (and fairly accurate as well):

wip1134.jpg

Warhead Effectiveness:

Ifrit: 1 x Rocket (7V)

BTR Kamysh: 2 x Rocket (7V)

ZSU-39 Tigris: 2 x Rocket (7V)

Marid: 1 x Rocket (7V)

And if you angle it enough, you can reliably range around 900m

And a hooked up PKM... Doing some research into this topic shows that it's not entirely confirmed that the Spetznaz has in itself modded (they might, but I can't ask...) PKs but for the most part I see civilians (and watched a couple videos) even with public images, there is no confirmation that there is such a unit-wide configuration in service (if there is then I just don't have the access).

So for now it'll use the SureFire stuff I have already in the pack given it's mainly civilian modification, and not unit-wide (unless it can be reliably confirmed with more than Google) as far as I can tell, as even Spetznaz PKs look like any other (may have rails and stuff but....). So right now that'll be good for government work.

wip1135.jpg

Just updated to 1.50 and so far the muzzle flashes are still good to go, so that so far is a good sign.

So i know you do the whole sci-fi military stuff, and I was thinking. It would be cool to be able to pack a drone (like the darter but smaller and lighter) in a large backpack and still be able to carry some other stuff as well. Now a whole new model would be best, however would one be able to write a config file which changes the mass or weight of the darter to fit in a carryall back pack?

Unfortunately no, I had actually tried that for 7-75 and the answer is a flat out NO. And that is because of Game Logic and how they handle vehicles and backpacks. So if I could I would have many moons ago (is a great idea) but no, until BIS makes a vehicle (that's one reason methinks) able to be put into an Inventory (broken down, or assembled, etc.) then I'd do it, or more pointedly, have done it already.