Okay tomorrow the latest weapons pack will get uploaded.  As for the helos I need to focus on 3D model work along with some testing some people are doing for the current beta version anyway.  Next week I'll look at uploading that based on feedback and so on.

Great news Eric. Can you tell us what's in the updated weapons pack or is it a surprise?

No.. I've been posting for the past week or two what I've been working on.... so no surprises, just go back a few pages and read from there to now.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtNkcwMXFOWFNTRDQ/view?usp=sharing

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

RC63
- Added some M40 grenade variants, based on some military science ficiton writing.  They are higher powered (10m blast radius), also can be thrown a bit farther than normal vanilla RGO Grenades. There also smoke
versions of the grenades, which have a color band to show the appropriate colors (White, Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Orange, Purple). IR versions are not availble given there are already specific ones available.  Other than that
they have the same statistics as BIS grenades, only more compact.
- M38A1 has been fixed, no longer has a "magazine", now is permanently single use, and slihtly larger in mass (config-wise).
- Re-tuned SCAR-L Shorts (Black and Tan) to use HK416 and SCAR-P magazines.  Unfortunately you will have to redo your loadouts, I apologize in advance.
- Fixed SCAR-L Short reload sound, to mimic the rest of the SCAR family.
- Fixed RPM of AK-47, onw shoots 600 rounds per minute cyclic.
- Added "PKM Tactical", a fictional PKM variant. The weapon has a set Initspeed of 825m/s.
- Changed Raven Tactical loadouts, removing RGO grenades and using M40 grenades, as well as substituting M40 smoke grenades for the BIS default ones.
- Persian Islamic Front Zafir MG has a similarly equippted PKM instead, and also renamed "PIF PKM MG".
- Added more Initiative characters courtesy of GeneralKong, an Elite Leader, Guard, and Gunner versions.
- Also added Initiative Pawnee, and Hummingbird versions, as well as a Gun Truck
- Faction vehicles now show up in Zeus and can be placed on the map via that tool. Raven Gun Trucks have M40 HE Grenades instead of RGOs.
- Adjusted stock size for the black M27s
- HK MCR is textured and has appropriate inventory icons

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

EricJ Weapons Pack RC63

required_addons.png

- Community Base addons A3

- ASDG Joint Rails

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I brought that up (not in that particular configuration) last year but nobody seemed interested, but I did make a version that did have a rail system (Czech or Polish RPG-7s have a similar setup, and what I based it on actually) that allows for simple reflex sights (the Guided AT4 is just the same thing, but looks different).  But in all sense of the word it is doable, only difference is appearance and the like. It even had a rail for an IR pointer, reloadable, etc.

But yeah I can do that no problem.

And thanks Foxhound!

• Like 1

I brought that up (not in that particular configuration) last year but nobody seemed interested, but I did make a version that did have a rail system (Czech or Polish RPG-7s have a similar setup, and what I based it on actually) that allows for simple reflex sights (the Guided AT4 is just the same thing, but looks different).  But in all sense of the word it is doable, only difference is appearance and the like. It even had a rail for an IR pointer, reloadable, etc.

But yeah I can do that no problem.

Awesome, i'm surprised nobody was interested in it. Maybe there will be more interest now that the US had a look at the launcher 

Well either way it's not hard to do (matter of fact here's an old video of it):

I'd have to redo it (I think it's deleted many moons ago) but yeah shouldn't be too hard.

• Like 1

Well either way it's not hard to do (matter of fact here's an old video of it):

I'd have to redo it (I think it's deleted many moons ago) but yeah shouldn't be too hard.

Thanks for doing it, being able to mount a custom sight to the RPG will be a big help. 

• Like 1

No problem man, and remember not to quote video and image links.... I won't report it because it's a simple fix ;)

• Like 1

Also been talking to massi via PM and for some reason my helos don't work with his... So I'm not sure how to fix it yet as for some reason it's causing the errors that were reported before (Instant CTDs, etc.)  So I"m not sure how weapons are causing the game to crash... or if I' missing something with his vehicles... so for right now it's either one or the other if you don't want a CTD.  As we talk more and figure out what the issue is we'll see about fixing it.

Thanks!

Sorry about that Eric. Used to use the go to last unread post to keep up with each thread. Now its gone, harder to track what's been happening if you miss a couple of days. Thanks for your efforts.

No worries man.

I did some pondering on this one (minor that it is) but I moved the Clan Signs to the doors, to sorta reflect US Navy custom of putting unit insignia's on the doors:

wip1118.jpg

wip1119.jpg

• Like 1

Just talked via PM with massi and it seems that somehow our model.cfgs were causing the CTD issue, so we'll see about tweaking it so there isn't any issues, etc.

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtTFFST0RPcElPOHM/view?usp=sharing

RC8
- Fixed CTD issue (hopefully) with massi's helicopters, tweaked configs so that when the mods are used together doesn't cause a CTD
- Fixed machinegun proxy errors as well.
- Added MH-60S (Transport) and MH-60S (Insertion) Knighthawks, due to uploading a fix for the CTD issue they are still WIP, so they don't have the proper models for the flare boxes as well as other stuff.
- Due to the fix classnames have changed, bu if needed add "ej_" to the beginning, so "MH60M" becomes "ej_MH60M", etc. The readme will be changed in a few days to reflct the new classnames.

Thanks Kari!

Spent some time on a "lazy" Sunday and tweaked the stocks on all the HKs (except the MCR and M8), taking a closer look at rescaling and adjusting them:

wip1120.jpg

Things To Do:

Helos:

- Proper antennas for the Knighthawks

- FLIR ball (I think it's because I'm binarzing them that it's doing that...). Once I fix that problem I can add it to the Insertion version of the MH-60S

- Wheels moving

Guns:

- Railed RPG-7

- Proper suppressor for the PK (A Russian one at least)

- I've been really thinking of taking an "artistic" liberty at Initiative Units and making an "Elite Sniper" unit for kicks, as playing the Insurgency mission has yielded some good results anyway. I'm sure you have some ideas on weapon (Barret came to mind but may not, not sure yet)

Nice job on the update for the heli pack, just wanted to put these variants in if you want some more ideas, if not feel free to ignore them.

mh-60s-armed-helo-jp-1359b.jpg

mh-60s-knighthawk-1441.jpg

I'll see about it, need to talk to a few people or if some SMEs can help with that. 

Hi Eric, just wanted to say that i love the scar with the drum magazine, thank you for this awesome mod!