Okay got the characters knocked out... any specific look for Initiative pilots?

Im thinking they can be just manned by grunts

and can I also ask for an offroad 50. cal to be added to the inititiative aswell, manned by grunts aswell?

Sure no problem man.

Hey Eric do you do skin requests for guns, your original post says plane/helo's?

More work, still have to clean up the sides a bit, not as flat as I want them:

wip1088.jpg

And cleaned up the stock area:

wip1089.jpg

wip1090.jpg

A lot of the issues could be fixed by a good old smooth/sharpen of the edges too.

A lot of the issues could be fixed by a good old smooth/sharpen of the edges too.

Very true, so far I like how it looks in-game right now so I'm really not motivated to mess with it anymore, I have to re-add the RVMAT but for the most part it ain't broke, and I'm not going to fix it.

As for weapon skins? I'm really not uber excited to do reskins simply because it'll end up like massi's weapons pack, and frankly I can see what I can do but give gamers an inch, and they'll take a thousand miles.

Then again I'll probably touch up some spots, but overall the top of the stock area looks good enough.

On another note, that "open poll" I need to remove, as its still going to be setup for non-JM, even though it's incorporated into the Jioint Rails mod.

Eric do you mind adding these small decals on the M107 http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/battlefield/images/d/d8/Bf4_m8r.png/revision/latest?cb=20131120131210 ?

Maybe its just me but the M107 is a little bland without and decals or groovings along the side of the rifle

Issued M107s for all I know (regardless of branch) don't have service specific decals, maybe serial numbers and anything an individual user may add, but for the most part one looks like another. But adding those decals isn't particularly hard either.

Issued M107s for all I know (regardless of branch) don't have service specific decals, maybe serial numbers and anything an individual user may add, but for the most part one looks like another. But adding those decals isn't particularly hard either.

I havent found an IRL image. I dont believe its real, still its sets your M107 away from the others 

Yep that link looks like a game render anyway.  However if you look at Iraqi and Afghan weapons you'll definitely see some color to it :D

Disregard

As for the M107 I'm going to have to say No.  If I understand it you want that as the only one then no way dude, I'm glad you're proud to be a Marine and such, but the pack (other than the M27, which is pretty standard) isn't going to be service specific to most branches. I only added the USMC stuff because you like to plaster that shit on everything, and I don't feel like duplicating a rifle because it has USMC somewhere on it.  Uniforms I understand, guns, no.

Anyway, more M40 in-game looks:

wip1091.jpg

wip1092.jpg

And honestly not trying to hide anything, I picked a retarded spot to take a screenie but really, it doesn't need to be highly detailed.

And honestly the only way I can do it is to make a single weapon mod with all that stuff plastered over it no problem, but the gun pack is more or less "ambigious" to some degree, Yeah okay I have a 1ID unidform but that's kinda my "right" given I'm doing all of the or mostly all the work.

In other news, I managed to fix the vehicle issue and Zeus, so the Techinicals and Gun Trucks (respectively) will be able to be placed via Zeus now.

ah okay, NP. whats the m40 grenade all about, never seen it before? 

It's actually stuff I write for my mil-scifi stuff, but it's really an improved grenade so far, 10m blast radius, and a bit more compact.  The design is based off concept work from Aaron Beck for Avatar, and to a degree, Elysium.

So does this mean your back to arma stuff? :) The new grenade looks like i will have lots of fun blowing up some bots with.

Yeah for a little bit, I'm still working on some other things so right now I'm just filling the time in working on some stuff.

Redid the stock area on the MCR and in my opinion turned out better as a redo (along with some smoothing as well as a "natural" look and shape, which was far better than before:

wip1093.jpg

The left side looks a bit funky still but overall better:

wip1094.jpg

And a "PKM Tactical" variant.  Also the Persian Islamic Front soldiers will swap out for these, with an ARCO and an IR pointer instead of the Zafirs:

wip1095.jpg

wip1096.jpg

• Like 1

The redo looks good. And glad to hear your back. I have a project if you got time to take one on, if so shoot me a pm and i'll give you the details. :) Otherwise keep up the great work man.

Yeah thanks.

Did some helo work earlier and came up with a couple KnightHawk versions (MH-60S):

First is the standard "Transport" version that is used mainly for VERTREP and so on, so it's basically a retextured UH-60M:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip1097.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip1101.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip1102.jpg

As well as an "Insertion" version with seating like the MH-60M:

wip1099.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip1098.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip1100.jpg

Hey Eric, some things I noticed.  Obviously disregard as your motivation determines...

-I know you're doing a retexture, so this may be beyond what you wan't to mess with, but the SATCOM antennaes are incorrect.  I'm not even sure why BIS put the front one on there, and the back one looks more like a frisbee than the 4 prong dealie.

-Looks like the side number (44 in your pics) is still being displayed on what would be plexiglass.  The actual side number would be just below the front doors, lined up with the hinges.

-The two radio antennaes on by the tailrotor driveshaft aren't really there.  The to antennae is on the top of the "turtleback", just forward of where it meets the drive shaft, and the bottom one is somewhere around where the orginal model has them.

-There's no radio whip antennae (on top of the tailrotor gear box) on Navy aircraft. 

Again, I understand most of this is all from the original model, so it may not be worth addressing.

Hey Eric, some things I noticed.  Obviously disregard as your motivation determines...

-I know you're doing a retexture, so this may be beyond what you wan't to mess with, but the SATCOM antennaes are incorrect.  I'm not even sure why BIS put the front one on there, and the back one looks more like a frisbee than the 4 prong dealie.

-Looks like the side number (44 in your pics) is still being displayed on what would be plexiglass.  The actual side number would be just below the front doors, lined up with the hinges.

-The two radio antennaes on by the tailrotor driveshaft aren't really there.  The to antennae is on the top of the "turtleback", just forward of where it meets the drive shaft, and the bottom one is somewhere around where the orginal model has them.

-There's no radio whip antennae (on top of the tailrotor gear box) on Navy aircraft. 

Again, I understand most of this is all from the original model, so it may not be worth addressing.

- I'll check my reference shots and work that issue.

- I must be going blind (or you're getting old and seeing shit that isn't there) or whatnot but where do you see the number 44? I honestly didn't put any numbers on the nose or sides due to the mirror mapping that BS uses, so I don't want to do USN stuff because of it.  I've done a fair share of Super Hornets for Strike Fighters 2 (as well as some FSX stuff) but I won't touch any Arma 3 stuff due to the use of optimization, drives me up the wall it does.

- Okay I can remove that stuff easy.

- Got it, can remove it

I think I know what you mean now... in the side shot on the nose area? Lol those are the pedals...