@GeneralKong:

Could you send me a PM regarding The Initiative? I need some basics on what you're looking for (got the general feel down) but as far as weapons, etc. Thanks...

Again much appreciated....

Here's a basic look at the MH-60M flight characteristics. The group that's doing the beta testing of this has pretty much given it a thumbs up.

Some notes:

- Yes I know the horizon MFDs don't move, the ball does and I'm planning on adding that little cool FLIR screen (as well as operable FLIR turret) where that is as the ball moves and I'm pretty much happy with that. So a moving Horizon MFD is a very low priority for me at the moment.

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:35 ----------

And general seating arrangement. Weapons when in the cargo are deactivated (they simply don't show):

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip1043.jpg

Hey Eric, I understand it may be a limitation of the A3 engine, but is there a way to tone down the reflection in the windscreen? I just watched that "showoff" video and there's times where the in-game reflection actually occludes the player's vision. In reality, you can actually see "through" the reflection. Here's a vid I took a couple of months ago while just screwing around during a flight and you can see reflections (like my hand moving once we touch down), but you can still see through it. The in-game compromise may be to just tone down the reflectivity of the surface, maybe?

Here's the vid:

I'll see what I can do as I too obviously noticed it but it's manageable if you don't bank too hard, and also at night (I do have a short vid of that upcoming) it doesn't seem to affect vision too much.

---------- Post added at 18:38 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

Okay this should do it for now, changed the RVMATs and also fixed the rotor blur RVMAT (rotors believe it or not is spinning) based off of gatordev's video:

wip1044.jpg

wip1045.jpg

And have to say that thing looks badass...

---------- Post added at 18:59 ---------- Previous post was at 18:38 ----------

Also fixed my Stratis Range map, removed possible dependency issues:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=424428407

Sure does even for an A2 port it doesn't look half-bad...

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtUHFqSlpwaXM4bjQ/view?usp=sharing

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

RC58 - Will post the changelog shortly.

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 ----------

RC58

- Fixed Collapsed Stock SCAR-H STD (CS), used the right path.

- Added HK615 14-inch/M320

- Fixed Zeus capability with the Raven Warfare Group, Golden Eagles, and the Persian Islamic Front

- Fixed recoil values for the GLs

- Changed the Side Accessory mounting points on the Masadas

- Changed name for the Golden Eagles rucksack to Kitbag [GE Standard]

- Removed secondary sight mounting capability for the Titan-D

- Tweaked Titan-D AI settings.

- Added Independent, as well as CSAT themed Titan-Ds

- Fixed some missing textures on the PEQ-15 LODs

- Tweaked dispersion values for a variety of weapons

- Tweaked M433 HEDP values.

- Added an AS50, both in Black and Pink.

- Added Multicam Carriers, with custom Multicam modified from Adyb234's on DeviantArt, also improved ballistic resistance as well as carrying ability. One is generic and one is for the Raven Warfare Group as well as a fictional USMC version.

- Added UH-60M, UH-60 (Unarmed), UH-60M (PMC), MH-60M DAP (M260/DAGR), MH-60M, and a UH-60M (Unarmed) as well as a generic Raven PMC helicopter pilot unit, as well as a cheap flaregun in case you get stranded in-game and need to signal for help. All of this self contained in one PBO in case you wish to use the helicopters istead of the guns. Thanks to Warlord554,

fullerpj, and JTG for testing of the aircraft as well as some much needed help getting them to work properly.

- Readme moved to an online link: http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/Ultimax100Readme.pdf

- Added The Initiative, thanks to GeneralKong for assistance and basic templates.

KNONN ISSUES:

- Blank MFDs are intentional, will add FLIR camera or other goodies later on

- Wheels do not rotate.

- Fast-roping will have to be done with scripts until I can find a good way of implementing the capability into the aircraft.

- Black error window pops up in the Editor, only the UH-60 PBO causes this, the gun (U100.pbo) does not, I will try and get that removed.

UPCOMING ADDITIONS (UH-60)

- FLIR ball turret capability

- Different weapon versions of the DAP (Hellfire and other configurations).

- Rotating wheels for Advanced FM and general polished look.

- MH- versions with FLIR displays on MFDs, or other stuff

Just after trying out the new version, sadly, non of the groups besides the PIF and the empty UH-60m for the Raven guys show up in zeus

Okay I can get a fixed version out later on or tomorrow. I went through Zeus and form what I saw only The Initiative didn't show up in Zeus, everything else was there.

---------- Post added at 14:15 ---------- Previous post was at 13:40 ----------

Fixed, should show up in the queue shortly.

Lovely, they are now showing up

Not Bug reports as per say:

1. Can you rename the units from "The initiative *unit name*" to "Initiative *unit name*"?.

2. The Grunt is wearing the Golden Eagles uniform.

3. Can you add flashlights to all the Initiative guns?

4. The Leader has randomized headgear

other then that, perfect :D

Edited by GeneralKong

1. No problem, next update

2. Whoops!

3. Sure

4. That I don't know how or why it's happening in the first place, as its set for just the specified headgear, will check it out.

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:11 ----------

Okay fixed, I'd say about a week given I"m going to focus on helo work as opposed to gun work it'll be around.

Of course, I can wait for the next update :)

I have also found some bugs (I think):

1. The leader seems to like running away and not firing at anyone

2. The Auto gunner just seems to acknowledge people, but not fire hist gun

Also cant wait to see what you will have planned in the Vehicle line up

1. ?

2. ?

What I think it is the lack of perception, so I"ll tweak that but methinks its the fact that it's based on the Jounralist character (at least the Leader unit), so it's probably not "designed" to fight, so.... I'll see what I can do.

Love the update but one thing is bugging me.. I went into zeus (and MCC just to be sure) and clicked on the new MH-60 DAP and it has no doors for the pilots. Is this intentional? I have never seen a UH-60 or MH-60 with no protection for the pilots. I am just wondering if its a design choice then that's all well. If not I may have a mod conflicting with it.

Yes no doors is intentional, a lot of photos have shown them without them, happy flying :)

---------- Post added at 17:53 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

Okay I was try8ing to upload some client work and forgot to bring it. Fixed the Initiative issues. Given I have to go to Starbucks (I'm getting tired of it today) so any issues will definitely be resolved next update. Anyway here's a pre-release night flying with the MH-60M before gatordev's realism nudge:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Would you consider in the future adding variants with doors for the pilots? And maybe an extended mission variant with the refueling probe. That would look cool.

mh-60.jpg

Updated mod v6.58 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey EricJ , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Lovin the new Hawks Eric!What is the map you took the earlier screenshots on-from when you were showing the Hawks a couple of weeks back?is it Isla Duala?

This one- http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip1035.jpg

Would you consider in the future adding variants with doors for the pilots? And maybe an extended mission variant with the refueling probe. That would look cool.

http://www.militaryscalemodelling.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/mh-60.jpg

IFR probe.. it was considered and was going to get with the USAF mod team as far as getting it setup. Other than that ported TKOH map the map sizes are so small that IFR is just not needed in my opinion (and in the case of the DAP, you'll run out of ammo before fuel). Doors... I'll check around but I'm trying to go with current versions as opposed to earlier versions (it's not too far of a stretch though).

The map shown Ineptaphid is the Kandahar WIP map. Given the majority require AiA and to be fair they do good work, but I don't have any interest in it, hence I don't download maps that require 12GB of stuff I won't use myself that much. I have enough to deal with and that's pretty much where I stand.

And thanks Miller, Foxhound, and Kari!

Very nice... love the armed variant. Will we get advanced flightmodel?

It should work with AFM as I think I set it up right. I stopped using the AFM because of the "Travelling collective" (unless it was fixed?) so it should be okay.

Also getting a request for the UH-60s to be uploaded separate as a different mod... thoughts?

omg no way... leave it as it is, pls. I can see no good in splicing it up to a stand-alone-blackhawkmod... rather I would love to see more vehicles in this combined package.