Hey EricJ, i was wondering, remember those unit ideas I sent you?, I was wondering if you might use their direct designs to make a kinda "Rogue State" army, called "The Initiative".

its perfect that you are making a black hawk, since that is the level of equipment I imagine them having for 2035.

Love the look of the Masada BTW, beast looks like a infantry cannon

If you look at the WIP images I called them the "Golden Eaglss" and with variations setup so you can have balaclavas when the headgear algorithms selects it. I'm not sure what more else given your ideas and images that I can do anything more.

And thanks, though the Masadas are in 5.56 and 6.8mm :)

True, the golden eagles however are more of a simple reputably "bad" mercenary group, while the Initiative will be a army, with training, standardized equipment and uniform, and some somewhat modern weaponry.

If you dont want to do them, its your prerogative, mod is still awesome :)

hey eric just gotta say the m4 cqbr is sick. :) i finally found a gun that makes it hard to decide between one of my scar's or the m4. Lately the m4 has been winning out. nice job and keep up the great work.

True, the golden eagles however are more of a simple reputably "bad" mercenary group, while the Initiative will be a army, with training, standardized equipment and uniform, and some somewhat modern weaponry.

If you dont want to do them, its your prerogative, mod is still awesome :)

Yeah I can think of it later, I've been spending a few hours on getting the Black Hawk to function so right now anything else isn't a priority so let me get to it when I can, just one thing at a time.

hey eric just gotta say the m4 cqbr is sick. :) i finally found a gun that makes it hard to decide between one of my scar's or the m4. Lately the m4 has been winning out. nice job and keep up the great work.

Cool :D

---------- Post added at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

Okay a few hours later:

wip978.jpg

Yes I am flying, one thing at a time :D :

wip979.jpg

Not much else, still trucking on this. I really want to do the SA-2 Samson (would fit with the Armaverse, plus it's just cool anyway...) but that's something for the future but getting this helo working is priority for now.

And finally with some trial and error and a little help:

wip980.jpg

wip981.jpg

So far so good on the UH-60, other than the weirdest bug in that the right gun only elevates and depresses, and the left one works as normal. It's been driving me up the wall for the past few hours and it's probably a good thing to just chill out and figure out some way to figure it out later on.

bin there have some problems my self with the stuff i am working on just stop working on it and play for a little bit

Yeah that's what I try and do man, but sometimes it's like "I gotta figure it out before the world turns" kinda deal sometimes.

---------- Post added at 23:02 ---------- Previous post was at 21:47 ----------

And given it's Memorial Day my time, I'll post more work updates tomorrow, on May 26.

Finally... with help from fullerpj and Warlord554 I finally got that goddamn UH-60 to work... Man... I'll never like doing helos again...

Well 1) Because I wanted to do something new, and 2) I plan on making a basic Raven Warfare Group version (Secondhand from the US Army, or bought from Sikorsky) for a lttle something different.

---------- Post added at 20:00 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

Now that I have them functioning on a basic level I can worry about getting the other stuff, like the main compass working inside as well as the nav and other lights going. Took some time and made a 1ID themed Mulicam uniform:

wip986.jpg

As well as the two camos for the Black Hawks. The US Army one will be standard fare, no real special things other than the colorschemes, the darker one behind it is the actual texture but I figure that it'd be better suited for the Raven Warfare Group:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip987.jpg

Here's a basic video I shot showing the miniguns, both left and right.

gobi42 I did get your PM and will get to it within a day or two, just re-adjusting my schedule a bit.

Good to hear and no worries man, do what you got to do, I understand that. :-) those miniguns look like fun as well.

Hey Eric-nice job on the miniguns!I heard that making helos is a real cunt to get right-lots of failed attempts on youtube lol.are you planning on releasing it as a seperate addon or as part of a bundle?

It'll be bundled but in a separate PBO as I'm trying to keep the requirements between the PBOs nonexistent, i.e. the Raven Warfare Group units I'm planning for the pilots anyway, will be included (textures, configging, etc.) will be in that sole PBO. So if you don't want to use the helos either don't use them or delete the PBO. Or if you want just the helos then delete the U100.pbo and go fly.

Thanks... On the gun note I've done some dispersion tweaking based on real world MOA values and a quick test last night showed that it's much better now given that BIS's values made it slightly less accurate so... anyway next version you'll see that once I get the Black Hawks finished, so about next weekish I'll be able to get it another version out.