Same here,I've got that bundle last year even though I hardly play any karts and the new helis('cuz I think thay are too useless for me).And I think everyone even those who haven't buy any DLC could have the BIS' bipod function in next update,just like that Helicopters DLC,the one without DLC only one thing can't do is drive the new helicopters,but they can still sit in the cargo of them and use the sling function.So at this point,BIS is not so bad,lol.I think when the Marksman DLC release,the one without DLC could not use the new weapons in that DLC but they could still have the bipod functions.

And about TMR issue I'm not very worry it 'cuz I dont use it now,lol.

Good news that everything is coming together Eric. Did you decide to implement the BIS slots for attachments as well as the ASDG versions? Can't recall seeing a conclusion to that issue. Anyway, looking forward to your next release. Thanks and keep 'em coming.

Good news that everything is coming together Eric. Did you decide to implement the BIS slots for attachments as well as the ASDG versions? Can't recall seeing a conclusion to that issue. Anyway, looking forward to your next release. Thanks and keep 'em coming.

Well I'll have to see when I download the new patch and DLC stuff and then I'll go from there. Unfortunately I have to wait and see as the new ASDG does have the bipod system setup, I just have to make sure it works :)

Same here,I've got that bundle last year even though I hardly play any karts and the new helis('cuz I think thay are too useless for me).And I think everyone even those who haven't buy any DLC could have the BIS' bipod function in next update,just like that Helicopters DLC,the one without DLC only one thing can't do is drive the new helicopters,but they can still sit in the cargo of them and use the sling function.So at this point,BIS is not so bad,lol.I think when the Marksman DLC release,the one without DLC could not use the new weapons in that DLC but they could still have the bipod functions.

And about TMR issue I'm not very worry it 'cuz I dont use it now,lol.

Yeah overall the Advanced FM is what I wouldn't consider "cool" anymore, I got tired of the dropping altitude suddenly and thinking about it and playing with it, the collective travel is a bit much, even after some stick tweaking, it's just not "there" yet to consider it anything cool anymore, and the new features are pretty cool, even if I don't use the sling function.

Well integration of the Marksman DLC worked like a charm. NOTE: For people like me who use VAS still (yeah I know...) it will still save it, but not mounted on the weapon, so for people like me you can save your Marksman DLC bipod fine and you'll simply have to put it on manually. Other than that overall it works fine, and mounted here on the SPR:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip780.jpg (105 kB)

Other than that with the new ASDG JR making it compatible things work great, the new bipods do require a manual activation (C by default) but for me using TMR I simply switch it to TAB, and no reload bug :D

Also the muzzleflash issue is fixed so the non-suppressor (and suppressable) weapons are good :)

Some stuff I've noticed so far:

- When using the bipod the weapon (Marksman DLC Bipod) cannot be put on Safe, which is okay but I'll see if I can find (or get with Nanucq) and see what he's going to do, but given it just came out or I don't stop by that topic, I'll have to find out. When not using the bipod the Safety works as it should.

- Added a 3-rpund burst capability with the Glock 45CL, just in case.

Weapons that will support the DLC:

- M27s

- M4s without GLs or (in the future) Masterkey

- L115s

- Barret M103

- M8 Carbine

- M110 SASS

- HK416s, HK615, HK418

- AKM Tactical

- SCARs that don't mount GLs or Masterkeys

- Mk12 SPR

- Masadas

Weapons such as the Barrett M107, XM109, and the M24, and Mashineguns will get the integral bipods worked on sometime as I go along and see how BIS did the config work for the GM6.

Also TMR Autorest may stay but given the realistic range of motion from the BIS bipods I'm slowly not going to use Autorest either. As far as the disposable that will definitely stay.

Okay and please do me a flavor and not ask for any more weapons right now. I' have to update the USAF Weapons pack as well as one I did for a clan. I simply have too much on the plate right now to be thinking or considering requests at the moment.

Still to do:

- SPR Masada

- Black Masada

- LWRC 6.8 Custom

And for those who use the Masada that space in front of the vertical grip is now for the bipods, and the laser.light proxy is moved to the top rail. I may look into some research for side rails (or simply customize it) as those who use lights will think it's a bit funky looking for that.

Also have to do MRT stuff, and a texture for Strike Fighters 2, so I'm a bit occupied at the moment.

Edited by EricJ

Managed to get a DLC Specific Harris working. It's still the same old one used but so far with the RVMAT tweaking it's looking pretty decent:

wip783.jpg

wip782.jpg

Well,seem good,and the reason why weapons with GL couldn't support new DLC?(I'm downloading DLC now can't test by myself.)

I'm using tmr to an with 1.40 I had no problems with reloading anymore so you still gone support tmr

Well,seem good,and the reason why weapons with GL couldn't support new DLC?(I'm downloading DLC now can't test by myself.)

You have to apply common sense to a weapon and mechanics, you don't see bipods mounted on real weapons with GLs and the like, so these weapons won't have them, that simple.

I'm using tmr to an with 1.40 I had no problems with reloading anymore so you still gone support tmr

Yeah I think I will, even though the resting algorithms seem in place so keeping it for those who need it is probably a good idea.

Due to screwy internet all day it's been real tough getting online and responding as Ineeded, so tomorrow after I upload what I need to I can get back to work, sort of. Other than the MXM I've started to take a real shine on the MAR-10, man that knocks them down. And is it me or the bipods glitching severely on Altis?

Okay,I just finished download the new DLC,and I found that not only the weapon with the bipods could use the weapon rest and deploy,but the one without could also!I've tested your SCAR with GL, RH's M4 with GL as well Massi's weapons,all weapon with GL seem also could use that rest and deploy function.

And I can't find any different between weapon with bipod and weapon withput bipod after deployed,they all seem share the same your accuracy bonus even they don't have bipad on them.

Yeah that's weird, may be an inheriting issue with Rifle... though I think there's a config entry somewhere I can mess with but it shouldn't allow all weapons to bipod rest. More on that later.

Yeah that's weird, may be an inheriting issue with Rifle... though I think there's a config entry somewhere I can mess with but it shouldn't allow all weapons to bipod rest. More on that later.

Well,actully, all the mod I tested earlier today all haven't update to support the new DLC,and in fact in game they seem all support that even the author haven't do any update after the release of the new DLC.So maybe is BIS on purpose to do that or this is a bug even BIS haven't noticed...( the MX series also could use the function without bipads.)

What bust be a bug had that on all weapon even my personal weapon pack and I did not up date anything

Well,actully, all the mod I tested earlier today all haven't update to support the new DLC,and in fact in game they seem all support that even the author haven't do any update after the release of the new DLC.So maybe is BIS on purpose to do that or this is a bug even BIS haven't noticed...( the MX series also could use the function without bipads.)

It has to be as with TMR you had to specify the certain weapon in order for it to "allow" it to rest only, etc. So seems like it so far.

What bust be a bug had that on all weapon even my personal weapon pack and I did not up date anything

Yeah I noticed that with the MXM and you don't have to mount a bipod, even though deploying one adjusts your stance somewhat depending on where you deploy it.

Perhaps they have integrated "weapon rest" for all rifles, as it should be. You dont need a bipod to rest your weapon in a relaxed posistion, but having a bipod attached and deployed should show a better "resting" effect. Perhaps BI's true intentions will come to light soon

It isn't a bug, you can just stabilise your weapon more with the consequence of not being able to move straight away. It's intended by bis

Perhaps they have integrated "weapon rest" for all rifles, as it should be. You dont need a bipod to rest your weapon in a relaxed posistion, but having a bipod attached and deployed should show a better "resting" effect. Perhaps BI's true intentions will come to light soon

I've done a lot of testing with an Insurgency map (Have to try Taki sometime) on Altis and really feels realistic, and I can rock an IAR and there's movement but doesn't break the bipod (shifting due to recoil which I expected) but works as it should, so other than the glitching on Altis it's very nice.

On a lot of addons you can put a bipod on

Yeah you shouldn't but I think a lot of addons were a bit ahead as the notes have been out for awhile, I've just been a bit lazy

Speaking of laziness for the MGs I probably won't make the bipod deployable or for that matter move at all due to real world Soldiers, and Marines (and other nations) routinely leave the bipod deployed when on patrol so it would be sensible to just leave it down. Then again I need to see how recoil is working on the MGs anyway given the new values (though methnks Legacy is still good for now) system and so on.

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:18 ----------

Well after 400 rounds it seems okay, though I probably need to use the new recoil system than the Legacy one, more on that later.

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

And fuck me, also thanks to Mattastic for helping me with the texture assignments for the Huron... also need to tweak the aircraft so you can put them in the Vehicle Hangar.

---------- Post added at 17:23 ---------- Previous post was at 15:41 ----------

And on Recoil I've been spending some time redoing and adapting the values for 1.42, and just have to say they're where I like it so far, so I"m sure that now with 1.42 there isn't any except for the 5.56 and some other weapons. A note for those who like the HK615 I'm going with the same values as the Katiba Carbine, since roughly it's the same (I would think since the Khaybar 2020 has I believe a 20-inch barrel) length, or a little less, s I may drop it down a bit given that it uses BIS ammo anyway.

---------- Post added at 19:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

Oikay for right now I"m liking some values as I came up with for the gats... So maybe next week? I'd say Tuesday-ish (or Wed. by the latest) or earlier I "should" have an update to work with the new patch, so once I get the inventory images done things will look good.

Also I plan to get a vid uploaded showing the new recoil values in-game as far as the IAR and Glock 45CL. Nothing special as I think they're right no the mark, I at least feel comfortable with the values anyway. So when that gets uploaded I'll post it.

A 50MB video that took nearly all day, go figure... Anyway its a short video showing the new recoil values that'll be used on the 5.56mm weapons, while the HK416s and M4s will have a separate value.

Neato. That SCAR looks great, Did you do some work to the models?

The most I did was make them A3 compatible and tweaked the texture a bit. An alibi on the texture in the video... somehow that snuck in (don't know how but...) but it's fixed now, meaning the grip and the side rail cover.

The most I did was make them A3 compatible and tweaked the texture a bit. An alibi on the texture in the video... somehow that snuck in (don't know how but...) but it's fixed now, meaning the grip and the side rail cover.

The textures.. Thats what I notice different!

Yeah BIS was a bit way off on a lot of textures in A2 (M240 all blue and shit) as well as some other things, but a guy at the startish of this thread mentioned it and yeah it needed a bit of a tweak here and there.