Yeah there was the nominal player marker system but I think the format causes such a problem though. So I may have "mixed" in with the dots but overall still... I did think about shooting at the helo that shot at me (had a Guided AT4) but overall I let it go man, but I'll feel hesitant going on that server again.

Also the pilots did the right thing and ask for permission but again he just didn't have good situational awareness.

Took a "break" from some client work to mess with the RVMATs a bit more, and spent some time on Insurgency getting the "shine" right, as well as getting the rail system done as well:

wip715.jpg

wip716.jpg

wip717.jpg

Thanks both! I actually got the iron sights redone as well. I"m trying to find a good plastic rvmat style (it may be in one of the documents Warlord554 gave me) but overall at least the metal has a good shine to it.

If not i got about a million of them lol, just LMK what you need. Right now gotta wine and dine the wifey so i can conduct "tactical operations" tonight lol

No worries man I'll hit you up tomorrow or later on as you need to stay focused on the objective ;)

---------- Post added at 16:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

Okay some other things that I noticed (and fixed) for the next release:

- 7.62mm weapons reference the BIS 6.5mm Suppressor which is fixed

- Thanks to a heads up from Spartan0536 and client work I'll release some 6.8mm SPC values for the Masada so that'll be interesting. Overall as he said it was approximately 25% more than 5.56 so I adjusted that and been testing it and so far it's better than even the MX shit recoil so... hopefully that'll come out when it does.

Was talking with a guy yesterday or the day before about the OICW and given the 2035 era... and with a splash of Avatar I came up with this concept based on the real OICW and a Canadian version. Granted a 20mm grenade is a bit large overall I figure three to four rounds would be able to be loaded (more like that "3GL" system) mounted on top of the MCR with a removable (firing is by a cord, etc.) and so on:

wip726.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:08 ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 ----------

And a quick in-game pic:

wip727.jpg

Thanks, I took it on a test run earlier and at 660m/s it pretty much flies a direct path compared to a normal 40mm and so far you have to get the grenade right on the target to kill it, so it'll prove interesting with more testing. I think I can zero it so I'll try that later on.

Lets get some airburst love. Dont forget also you can change bullet class in mid flight

Right now like the original weapon it's a "I got so much other shit going on that I work on it when I feel like it." Given I'm still doing some gun work for -mastermind- I'm kinda locked down but overall for now it's just HE/PD. The sight is a bastardization of the holo sight for the SCAR EGLMs and so it works, it kills people and right now I'm good with that. Given the accuracy even when set for 50m I can deal without air bursting for a time being since I play on Altis. Granted in the real world the XM25 has had some good success (and may look into what the guy did for the A3 version) but so far it's just a toy project that as you can see from the previous page the gun itself is hardly fleshed out.

So given the work I got ahead I'll get to it sometime but when the wheels get churning :)

---------- Post added at 16:27 ---------- Previous post was at 16:21 ----------

But... here's some more work on it I did earlier:

wip729.jpg

wip730.jpg

After a half-ass test I realized with that size and a short 20mm grenade I can reliably (with the stuff to make the rounds move and all that semantical stuff) fit in 5 rounds. Overall reducing the GL to 550m/s didn't seem to affect ballistics too much. Remember that it's a 20mm HE grenade and so a direct hit will get a kill. Though testing it on Altis makes door shots quite interesting and so on. I've been thinking of uploading it as is for user testing and feedback (remember it looks like shit because it's not finished) but may not as the RAS I'm doing is fairly easy this time (why can't they make them simple?). Anyway thoughts from a test I did a couple hours ago. Again the sight is shit but really, it's not a sniper rifle so if you have a spotter or the personal waypoint is available, use that for ranging, eventually.

---------- Post added at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

Haha, that's pretty good. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty close to 90s swat guy. Except I like 9mm, it's that .40 s&w I can't stand.

Shit I missed this one... I'm not a pistol kind of guy (though playing A3 has made me use it quite a bit) but I did have an M9 in Iraq for a month while one guy was on leave so I wasn't too confident in them. Scared the shit out of the Iraqis though but overall I preferred my M4.

This mod is awesome and I've been playing with it a lot, mostly in missions I created in the editor. I love the rifle sounds and the variety of weapons. I don't really care about pistols either, they just get in the way when I'm looking through the ammoboxes.

I have noticed some issues detailed below. They are mostly nitpicky things but hopefully you can fix them so the next release will be more refined.

• HK41716_mag and HK41712_mag are compatible with HK417 rifles but they don't fire rounds.
  • m24Silencerw_ej (wood) is not compatible with M24 Desert or Woodland.
  • AKM, AKM tactical and HK418, when fitted with a suppressor, do not have a suppressed sound in semi-auto mode only.
  • ej_mzls_H and ej_mzls_M do not suppress sound.
  • SFLMG_ej and SFLMGT_ej are not compatible with any rifles.
  • SFSOCOM_ej and SFSOCOMT_ej are listed in the ammobox loadout but not defined anywhere. Legacy equipment?
  • Legacy scarhnt_mag and scarh_mag are listed as compatible magazines for ej_scar_h_lsw causing an error when loading a mission.
  • scarhnt_mag and scarh_mag are listed in config file in class CfgPatches{class EJ_u100{magazines}} section.

Thanks again for all your hard and tedious work!

Edited by Biggins

• HK41716_mag and HK41712_mag are compatible with HK417 rifles but they don't fire rounds. (Fixed)
  • m24Silencerw_ej (wood) is not compatible with M24 Desert or Woodland. (Fixed)
  • AKM, AKM tactical and HK418, when fitted with a suppressor, do not have a suppressed sound in semi-auto mode only. (Fixed)
  • ej_mzls_H and ej_mzls_M do not suppress sound. (Not a bug or issue, the Flash suppressors only hides the flash and does not suppress the sound, thanks again to BlackPixxel for that find)
  • SFLMG_ej and SFLMGT_ej are not compatible with any rifles. (Fixed)
  • SFSOCOM_ej and SFSOCOMT_ej are listed in the ammobox loadout but not defined anywhere. Legacy equipment? (Not defined properly, Fixed)
  • Legacy scarhnt_mag and scarh_mag are listed as compatible magazines for ej_scar_h_lsw causing an error when loading a mission. (Fixed)
  • scarhnt_mag and scarh_mag are listed in config file in class CfgPatches{class EJ_u100{magazines}} section. (Fixed)

Since I'm busy I'll go ahead and upload a fixed version anyway to tide people over for now.

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a62f69z7qz1tmj9/%40U100RC53_5.7z?dl=0

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

RC53.5

- Removed RH magazine references I had missed.

- Removed top mount entry in the M8.

- Fixed TMR resting ability for the HK615 as well as for the M24 Desert and Woodland.

- Fixed Suppressor entry for BIS suppressors for the 7.62mm weapons

- Adjusted Masada 6.8 recoil values based on information courtesy of Spartan0536.

- HK41716_mag and HK41712_mag now fire rounds

- Fixed compatibility of the M24 Suppressor for both Wood and Desert.

- AKM, AKMTac, and HK418 has a suppressed sound in semi-auto

- SFLMG_ej and SFLMGT_ej now compatible with all 5.56mm weapons that mount a suppressor.

- SFSOCOM_ej and SFSOCOMT_ej properly added to 5.56mm weapons

- scarhnt_mag and scarh_mag notations are removed (again)

- Black IARs only have RVMATs applied, when I get to it I'll add appropriate RVMATs to all the weapons, sometime.

Edited by EricJ

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Wow! That was quick! This will definitely tide me over for a while.

Thanks again!

Thanks Miller, Foxhound and Kari!

Overall usually I don't get out an updated version but it has been over a week or so and the issues brought up were glaring and also needed to be fixed. Given my work I"m doing it was only fair that I put out something and see where people are at it usually anyway. I've been doing other things but I still have to support this mod. But thanks as always for bringing up things that are wrong clearly which helps me to fix what people find wrong. Besides after some Wifi-Fu I have a more stable internet connection :)

Okay I found a texture error on a 7.62 suppressor, going to be fixed.

I've been checking out the Weapon rest topic on the Dev branch side and for all intensts and purposes from what I'm reading it's actually pretty good. I just don't feel like Dev branch (but methinks to stay on top of things I should...) but overall if that's the case then removing TMR will probably be the best thing. Not to say I'd miss it, which I will, but overall that's just less hassle when doing reloads. I'll have to get it installed though and go from there if it requires some notation within the gun parameters.

---------- Post added at 01:03 ---------- Previous post was at 00:32 ----------

Err disregard on the suppressor texture issue, was just my personal pack that was jacked up.

Finally changed to Dev branch and the resting is actually just as good as TMR's without the bug of mag reloads. I've killed a lot of squads and fireteams with TMR so for now it'll remain in place. If they add weapon resting in the next patch (they should as it's nice) then more than likely TMR will be removed. Nothing against Taosenai but unfortunately it's bugged and he has real world commitments. So as of now it's still going to be until the next game patch.

Hey Eric.

love the weapons, but one in specific stands out as a personal favorite, The Thompson SMG.

I am wondering if it would be possible to change a few things on the Old Version, specifically removing the stock and changing the magazine and related config to be a 50-round drum mag.

1928_3.jpg

Thanks a bunch for everything else, I know I am among many in saying that we love your work.

It's not a big deal, but I do have some custom work that I need to finish. I've had a hell of a weekend so my focus was more on some personal issues rather than gaming. I can get to it sometime but the work I'm doing is a bit more of a priority.

As for the recoil and InitSpeed. If I can keep it off the weapon then maybe I can work it that way. Reason is that regardless of ammo type (as for now, Spartan0536 may change the values down the road) the weapon has a set InitSpeed. So an MX will always fire 800m/s regardless of what ammo is shot through it (given that it's only BIS ammo it's not a big deal) but varying ammo for since it;s on mind for the IAR may be a little tricky. If I don't have to specify then I'll do it but overall regarding basic BIS ammo for 5.56 then it may become an issue. Again as I get more familiar with the Dev Branch I'll probably get a more static feel for the ammo.