Doing the standard stock is easy (would have saved a lot of time as well... I'd be done by now) but it seems again FN can't get their design settled so for now I'll go with the site stock configuration as that looks like the production version and not a concept configuration.

And since Addon Builder is being retarded again it'll be a bit anyway before they realize that the posts I made was in seriousness and not joking around as it's been about two hours since I started the process to make a PBO of the addon I'm working on now (U100).

Congrats on 2000 posts brother (not sure if it's a milestone of any sort but still)

You put in a hell of a lot of work for our enjoyment and we appreciate it!

Thanks! but that's also counting years ago when I first showed up as well so no problem :)

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

This is pretty much how it'll look (Still not liking the holes though as my "Hey man, it needs to be tweaked" feeling is coming around, as given that Addon Builder (after three hours I shut it down) still ain't workin' I gotta just take a break and work on a Blue Angels skin for DCS, after putting it on a Super Hornet it's time to do the real deal for once (though its on an F/A-18C and purely hobby work) and it's turning out pretty good, but that's on the DCS forums on SimHQ and not for here. Anyway got the stock sorta adjusted, and need to add some ridging but otherwise the holes need to be adjusted a bit and hopefully within a few days I'll get it ready and textured, etc.

wip605.jpg

A3 Tools is still acting up. While the world can still turn I do like to pack it for a test run and get you nice screenies of it modeled (no pun intended...) in-game but I think taking breaks while modding is good for the soul. So I haven't forgotten about this, just it's nice to focus on something else for a change.

Hello, while sniping in SP I ve noticed the known little bug on L115 snipers (all of them I checked) regarding "wondering" muzzle flash (like M249 use to).

Regards.

Hello EricJ. First off great design with the Thompson, textures are very nice.

The only problem i have is quite small but has got me killed several times. For some reason but the standard WW2 version and the modern tactical version both have a 'third' firing setting which doesn't do anything. It has the same UI settings as the full-auto but it has no animations, it doesn't reload and it doesn't shoot so it obviously shouldn't be there. I don't know if its a fault with BI but could you please take a look into it when you get a chance.

Thanks again and i hope you keep making great weapons, and anything else, for the ArmA community.

Hi EricJ. First off i love your Thompson weapons and your modelling/texturing on other weapons are great as well.

I've only got two issues with the Thompsons really, and a request. The first issue, which is the big one, is that the guns are zeroed to 300 making them very difficult to use as the rounds fly straight over the targets heads. Is there any chance you can go back reset the zeroing of the guns to 100, as they are ironsights and seeing targets at 300 metres without optics isn't that common. The second issue is a small thing, when moving left or right in first-person- the stock/butt of the gun clips through the player's face. Nothing important really i'm just letting you know. The request is can you put some writing down so when the guns are in their 'third' firing state it says 'Safety' or something similar. All of this paragraph is relevent to both the WW2 verson and the Modern Tactical counterpart.

I am aware i made a comment similar to this about 1 hour before this one, but i can't find it. If anyone spots it can you tell me where it is. It's got the subtitle: 'Thompson Submachine gun' and it's mostly about the 'third' firing state and if it should be there or not.

Thanks EricJ and anyone who agrees with my post, or finds my lost post, and i hope you keep making and improving weapons from the ArmA community.

It may have just gotten lost in the babble, which is no big deal as I can see if I can at least PBO that and get the update up. I think the issue with Addon Builder currently is that it takes FOREVER with large PBOs when it would be relatively faster before (took about... five minutes or ten, never actually clocked it) and with a few weapons it shouldn't be that bad. So I'll see what I can do and fix the zero as with optics if they're zeroed or set for 300m you'll have that effect, and honestly there's nothing I can do other than do as asked, lessen the zero to 100m.

Bolo861 cool I'll get it fixed as well.

Hi EricJ. First off i love your Thompson weapons and your modelling/texturing on other weapons are great as well.

I am aware i made a comment similar to this about 1 hour before this one, but i can't find it. If anyone spots it can you tell me where it is. It's got the subtitle: 'Thompson Submachine gun' and it's mostly about the 'third' firing state and if it should be there or not.

You made a forum post not a reply on this thread earlier if I am not mistaken, likely moved or deleted by now.

On a side note it's looking great really been enjoying your work Eric and our clan relies primarily on your pack. New models are looking great!

Thanks! Still no worries, its not like I deliberately ignored him but sometimes you just miss shit... no worries.

Managed to get the Thompsons set for 50,75, and 100 meters. For the WW2 version and even the Tactical version that's for the iron sights, other optics will give you varied performance based on their settings. Also remember if the weapon zero is set for 300m simply aim slightly mid body (I want to say mid-neckish) for head shots as I need to fix the stock (noticed the clipping) and adjust it more.

Bolo861 cool I'll get it fixed as well.

Thank You,

It may have just gotten lost in the babble, which is no big deal as I can see if I can at least PBO that and get the update up. I think the issue with Addon Builder currently is that it takes FOREVER with large PBOs when it would be relatively faster before (took about... five minutes or ten

I wouldn t recommend using BIS addon builder to make large pbo s. In my opinion the best tool for handling pbo files is this:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

BAM right click and pbo/ unpbo file but first You must use tools to binarize and cfg necessary files using dev tools provided by BIS on Steam for example.

Regards.

The funny thing is that I've been using Addon Builder to do the PBOing of my addon modpacks and besides I already have that (didn't know it could do that as I use it to open other PBOs) but given issues with keys I'll wait, I can get small weapon PBOs done which is fine for now until BIS unfucks the Addon Builder. And another reason I rely on BIS's as it keeps it updated with the latest patches faster than other PBO tools, and I use the dev version already of the Tools. So the world is spinning still and once that works I'll repack it no worries.

In other news I got the other version of the Tactical Thompson working:

wip606.jpg

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/34774rl2apsp4lx/ThompsonRC8.7z?dl=0

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Thompson mini pack (I guess that's a good name for it)

- Adjusted WW2 version stock to not clip so much into the shoulder. Honestly it looks kinda stupid and can be removed based on people's views (as that was a real configuration during wartime and "other" uses).

- Fixed Readme

- Third version, "Tactical Thompson v2" has optic rail near the end of the reciever, just behind the charging handle.

- Fixed the Safety issue, didn't have the magazine configured (long story short the R3F system is a magazine for game logic to use) and now works

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks as always Foxhound! Gonna have to get off mah ass and make a section for that as well.

Got the L115s fixed Bolo861 so when things start working properly It'll get in there.

Hey gotta be Gucci when operatin' :D

The Thompson looks great Eric. Thanks for the effort you've put in.

No problem and thanks again Kari!

hEY eRIC, IS IT IMPOSSIBLE TO USE ORIGINAL ww2 thompson? pretty attractive to me

Not to nitpick but have you considered changing the materials for the weapon models? It's a little...strange to see a bullet hitting the barrel of a SCAR that a unit's holding for example, and instead of the usual ricochet spark that you get on vanilla/most CUP weapons you get a jet of dirt being sprayed instead.

FAHdRAR.jpg

Apart from that, excellent pack overall. I demand more 'futurised' weapons like the HK615! ;)

That is beyond my control as far as the effects when you hit another rifle with a bullet, not my effect at all... purely BISLogic on that one. Matter of fact I didn't know you could do that...

Acta13? Huh? Are you having issues using it or?

Could you possibly take a look at making an L119 pack with different camos (woodland and desert). Lennard had one for Arma 2 but it has not been ported to Arma 3 yet and it is one of my most favorite weapons!

Cheers.