No problems at all Eric. Just an idea to consider. Looking forward to whatever you choose to do next.

After your work on the Blue Angels skin, thought you might like this:

Edited by Wansec_6

I'll never understand people, much less the people on the ED forums. And I thought it was bad here... but no more I gotta keep my head straight and going back there with their little games is... I've had enough, 11 years in the community and its just pathetic.

So I'm moving to SimHQ as it's friendlier there. Not leaving youse guys but I gotta be able to do my work without stupidity.

Sorry to hear that, mate. But I totally agree with you that if a community get boring you, you're the man if you just leave them to their drama. And I'm so happy you're doing this to focus on modding !!!! :D

Just let me tell you, as I can't remember if it was you who I was talking about something like this on this forum: I don't know how much gaming and community experience you have (seeing your modding ability probably a lot, ok)....but trust me, from my experience this is a great community compared to maaaaaany others !!! More mature indeed...or at least you can't ask for more ;P

Well I've been "active" for about since OFP-VBS1 so I've been on here often on when I needed to be, but overall some people have their views and well. opinions. But the community has gotten better as the more people send the trolls back to their bridges but yeah man I have to keep working to keep busy so the more time I'm dealing with trolls the less time I'm enjoying life (and trolls seem to be in abundance, though I figure it's the seasonal have to stay in reaction) and playing games, which I do enjoy. I like DCS and always have, but as the meme goes "I have no time fo dat!" (Drama) you know? If you spend your life trolling topics then you're just sad. I'm not the greatest but if you are just on to cause an argument or whatnot, then you should have your internets priviledges removed.

---------- Post added at 11:41 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

No problems at all Eric. Just an idea to consider. Looking forward to whatever you choose to do next.

After your work on the Blue Angels skin, thought you might like this:

Much appreciated, I've only been to three airshows (Maryland, Afghanistan, and AvNation 2012) but definitely a good show nonetheless.

Speaking of the Blue Angels mod, still no EtA on the smoke fix. I know some people are wondering about that and at least one person on the Steam side of things has asked, but I haven't gotten an ETA or status on that yet.

It's looking like tomorrow for sure for RC48 as the muzzleflash Gods don't love me right now all day.

Plans for RC49

AA-12

AA-12 "Tactical"

I don't like the sights personally but optic rails and side rails for gadgets is a cool idea (kinda like the UTS-15) so that's what the current status is as of now. Once I get the muzzleflash issue figured out (don't know why, everything else works...) but once I get it working... sometime I'll get RC48 to get the glitches fixed and move forward on the AA-12s.

---------- Post added at 18:01 ---------- Previous post was at 17:28 ----------

And another thing... I have no interest in joining a clan, I got my little school and I'm a happy person, the hours are more flexible and not much to do, which is good. I deal with enough people in various forms in other places, I just don't have the time, patience, or care to join a clan. If you need help no problem, but I"m not joining the "rank and file" of clans anymore. I had good times with XDF back in the day (miss them along with CSHAG) and J-SERE. But no thanks but thanks for the interest.

Yep every other gun works flawlessly. Spent all day so far and they just won't work so I don't know what the fuck the problem is right now. I'm trying the no model.cfg entry because I've copied the proxy straight from the Sample Weapon that they have, and still no worky. I don't know what I did with the Tac AK (don't remember) but as said, everything else works, animations, etc. But still not a pipe of flash, so it's gotta be something simple.

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

And for some reason the proxy isn't working, as when you don't have an entry in the model.cfg, the plume is static, i.e. you can see it just there, so something is breaking the proxy as the proxy is on the barrel but not visible, but should be, so I'll figure it out before the Second Coming.

---------- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

Finally! After realizing to try and use another model that works, I managed to get it to where I need it. Now I can get it textured and verify in-game, and probably get some insertion practice in, or whatever I feel like. Because you know I do like to play Arma 3 too...

---------- Post added at 00:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qul6dghkg9fcru/%40U100RC48.7z?dl=0

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

RC48

- Fixed L85A2 RIS cover texture, now mapped to the 3D model

- Added M240B and L

- Added magazine entries for the XM109 in the ammo boxes.

- Added new shotgun, and related sounds from taumargin

- Added some weapon sounds courtesy of armyinf

- Fixed CAR-15 Muzzle Flash

- Optional TMR Bipods work with M240B and M240L

Give me a day or two, toxic people suck the life force out of me and I need to take a break, at least Sunday I'll get cracking on the AA-12, or tomorrow but right now I just want to play the game and space out.

Also going to add for optic is the stripped ACOG 3.5x35mm without the RMR sight for RC49. Got some flying in and I feel much better, which is always good. And always I thank you for the help and support, its the reason that keeps me working on this mod...

It's you who deserves the thanks Eric. You continue to produce quality additions for the community while taking requests/suggestions from members of the community, such as myself, and then consider those requests and act upon them. I hope you continue to provide us with additional content for a long time to come.

shit man don't turn down a break, enjoy it! haha I haven't gotten to play a mission since last Dec. Full time modding. Theres always gonna be work waiting for ya ;)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hello,

just heads up, few major bugs in nonasdg jm config:

- CAR 15 iron sights bug, when using sights player insteed of sights sees throught texture of lover receiver (weird in previous version everything was fine).

- M240 B can t shoot the weapon error: no entry bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ej_M240B.M240FullAuto

- M240 L can t shoot the weapon error: no entry bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ej_M240l.M240FullAuto

- HK 416 10 inch masterkey because I still couldn t find it i checked by typing: this addWeapon "Ej_hk41610mk"1; in the init field of the unit when recieved no entry error I checked non asdg jm config file. Conclusion: the whole config cfgWeapons entry for Ej_hk41610mk is missing/not present so as far as game engine goes the weapon doesn t exist in the game.

Regards.

Edited by Bolo861

It's you who deserves the thanks Eric. You continue to produce quality additions for the community while taking requests/suggestions from members of the community, such as myself, and then consider those requests and act upon them. I hope you continue to provide us with additional content for a long time to come.

Much appreciated with that... :)

shit man don't turn down a break, enjoy it! haha I haven't gotten to play a mission since last Dec. Full time modding. Theres always gonna be work waiting for ya ;)

Yeah I've been meaning to play Insurgency on LAN to keep current with the AI but last night I spent a good near two hours just doing gun run practice and helo insertion practice, so it was good for once :)

And always thanks Foxhound and Kari!

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 ----------

Hello,

just heads up, few major bugs in nonasdg jm config:

- CAR 15 iron sights bug, when using sights player insteed of sights sees throught texture of lover receiver (weird in previous version everything was fine).

- M240 B can t shoot the weapon error: no entry bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ej_M240B.M240FullAuto

- M240 L can t shoot the weapon error: no entry bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ej_M240l.M240FullAuto

- HK 416 10 inch masterkey because I still couldn t find it i checked by typing: this addWeapon "Ej_hk41610mk"1; in the init field of the unit when recieved no entry error I checked non asdg jm config file. Conclusion: the whole config cfgWeapons entry for Ej_hk41610mk is missing/not present so as far as game engine goes the weapon doesn t exist in the game.

Regards.

Okay... damn... will look into it

Just to add to "to fix/checklist" from RC48: using NonASDGJM config and tmr bipod, your bipods are invisible again, thou functional (I can deploy it, turn on light and laser, but there´s no 3D model attached to the gun)

cheers!

Okay so far fixed the HK416/Masterkey issue.

Other issues fixed, need to check on the CAR-15 and see how that cropped up as all I did was fix the "zasleh_axis" memory point (so the flash wouldn't rotate and rotate around the muzzle, like a record, baby). and add it to the weapon. How that jacked up the viewpoint I will never know, but will work on it.

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

;2819929']Just to add to "to fix/checklist" from RC48: using NonASDGJM config and tmr bipod' date=' your bipods are invisible again, thou functional (I can deploy it, turn on light and laser, but there´s no 3D model attached to the gun)

cheers![/quote']

The fuck? Okay

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

EDIT: Fixed on the bipods, path was wrong.

Lookin forward to puttin the 240s through their paces!

You rock as usual Eric!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yyzh1p183tax2wt/%40U100RC48_5.7z?dl=0

RC48.5

- Fixed CAR-15

- Added HK416/Masterkey to the nonASDGJM config and RH config

- Fixed paths for M240 sounds for the non ASDGJM config and RH config

- Fixed path for Harris bipods so the 3D model shows.

---------- Post added at 13:37 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

Lookin forward to puttin the 240s through their paces!

You rock as usual Eric!

Thanks!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Alibi credit goes to Lennard for the bits for the M240L... I'll make sure that gets on the next readme...

Again thanks!

Okay opened up the AA-12 model and looks fairly easy to work on. For the Tactical version (or would you like a simple Tactical version?) the iron sights will remain, but when you put an optic on they'll go away (to make it more streamlined looking) but reappear, etc.

---------- Post added at 17:35 ---------- Previous post was at 17:30 ----------

:D SCAR PDW haven't seen one of these on Arma yet, not the most popular weapon in the world. Looks like the love child of an Mp5 and a SCAR-L.

http://www.fnhusa.com/l/products/scar-family/pdw/

I'll see what I can do, looks like I can jack an MP5 sliding stock and adjust it to work... And I'll see if I can use the SCAR anim for it as well.

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

Eric, thanks for adding the XM-109 mags to the ammo box. Looking forward to using them. The 240 looks hot as well.

In regards to you being out of ideas at the moment, have you ever considered creating weapons more suited to civilian personnel? I am thinking of the likes of single/double sporting shotguns, lever action rifles etc.

I noticed the Epoch mod has a lever action rifle called the "Rollins rifle" if memory serves me correct. It would be interesting to see what you could create on that front, if you were interested. Something like a Winchester 94 carbine or even a Marlin lever rifle. What do you think?

I'll see what I can do. Another person approached me via PM (forgot the name offhand right now) about modding some of the weapons for semi-only, which needs some tweaking in itself (some model-wise). I'll look into it as the old guns aren't as plentiful (since I'm lazy, and TurboSquid's ability to contact people is well... poor so I can't get any clearance to use such models, etc. as well as price. If I can get a decent model to import for Free, I'll do that. I only spent thirty bucks on a project that is taking a bit to come to fruition to see how to import and apply textures, etc.).

I'll see what I can do, looks like I can jack an MP5 sliding stock and adjust it to work... And I'll see if I can use the SCAR anim for it as well.

Woaw really?...Speechless i'm absolutely speechless. I hope this comes off and makes it to your mod set. It handles very similar to the 10 inch from what I've heard, but obviously more compact still. One problem! You may have to get a court order to release this virtual weapon system globally. I think it's currently only available in the US haha :D

Thanks

Lol well... I'm sure FNH will understand...

Hi Eric,

I have a problem when placing the weapon box in the editor, I get the following error that will not allow me to preview : no entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgweapons/m24silencer_ej.selectionfireanim'.

any thoughts ?