Also while digging I found some .50 cal tracer rounds (oddly enough 12.7x99... So the SLAP and Ball rounds have:

- Standard Ball no Tracer

- Red Tracer

- Green Tracer

- Yellow Tracer

Current setting is every round which I assume was the point so no mix unless a combat veteran who has fired the Barret operationally can tell me otherwise that'll be the setting.

While not a precision rifle, per se, the general info I got from the guys I deployed with was that .50 cal tracers were a no go in the Barret because of increased wear. On my last deployment, after I left, apparently it was discovered the gunner out there with me was using something other than ball (I can't say for sure it was a tracer round because I can't remember) and it drove the need for a barrel replacement...or at the very least, a finger pointing about how it reduced the barrel life. According to my buddy who relieved me, the replacement gunner wasn't happy.

Hrm okay.... since I think only AGM models reliability of weapons I may pull that given the game doesn't model any kind of reliability at all, so it sounded good but obviously not... And the Tracer mags are removed.... not going to ignore a common sense issue that's for sure...

Basic texturing on the remodeled magazine. I'm going to have the gun sound like the GMGs just for giggles (so you know it's not just a Barret):

wip513.jpg

2 Reasons:

- Advertising

- Showcasing taumargin's hard work in the HK416 sound:

Hello,

apparently I still can not attach any suppressor to M4/M4A! I am using RC42 with standard ASDG JM config and addisional RH config pbo and u100 TMR bipods pbo (mainly to fix annoying L115 harris bipod config bug) or I am just doing something wrong? There isn t any manual how to instal Your great mod so I tried with varoius mod order and optional configs pbo s.

Regards.

Eric, just want to say that XM-109 is looking great. In regards to my question about the underwater SCARs, I understand where you are coming from. Though I do have one further question about it. Is it possible to config a long arm to be usable when you are swimming on the surface or surface from underwater, like you see the spec ops teams surfacing with their weapons in a firing position? If possible, would you consider a replacement config to allow it?

I look forward to hearing your opinion on this. Thanks again for consideration of my ideas.

Thanks mate, I'll put it up on me website. :D

Nice, thank you!

Hello,

apparently I still can not attach any suppressor to M4/M4A! I am using RC42 with standard ASDG JM config and addisional RH config pbo and u100 TMR bipods pbo (mainly to fix annoying L115 harris bipod config bug) or I am just doing something wrong? There isn t any manual how to instal Your great mod so I tried with varoius mod order and optional configs pbo s.

Regards.

Okay I'll put some basic instructions but I think the issue is you're running two configs at once. So if you don't like Joint Muzzles run the non-ASDGJM config only. I'm sorry but down the line I am not making five hundred configs, I have enough configs to deal with and I look for the major updates in order to keep myself sane, and the errors down to a minimum but when I start doing niche configs then the piranhas come, so you'll have to figure out what you want and so on as I don't want to (or feel the need to) do such a "niche" config for the most part. Personally I don't like RH's Mk262 as it just sucks, but everybody swears by it, but again that's my personal view especially after looking at the config, no thank you. I use Spartan0536's if I do, though even his ammo doesn't lift my skirt (don't get any ideas you weirdos...) because I've had a lot of (a lot...) with his Mk318, but again that's my personal view on ammo configs.

Eric, just want to say that XM-109 is looking great. In regards to my question about the underwater SCARs, I understand where you are coming from. Though I do have one further question about it. Is it possible to config a long arm to be usable when you are swimming on the surface or surface from underwater, like you see the spec ops teams surfacing with their weapons in a firing position? If possible, would you consider a replacement config to allow it?

I look forward to hearing your opinion on this. Thanks again for consideration of my ideas.

I had a near paragraph on why it won't work, and my brain figured it out finally. Erm... the game has a certain setting that I'd be lying to you if I knew it offhand. I know what you're getting at but that's something that has to be scripted, not so much needing a replacement config, i.e. the game "senses" when the weapon is out of the water and allows it to fire if not set for underwater weapons. I'm sure its doable and a cool idea but if you haven't noticed I'm not a scripter and while I can take the time to do such things... I don't. So I'm sure some good scripter will read this and try it out as for some things it would be very necessary.

Thank You for advise EricJ, removal of redundant configs and asoc. unwanted addons worked, thanks for great weapons pack.

No worries Eric. Thanks for taking the time to look at it. Really appreciate it. Looking forward to the next release.

Thank You for advise EricJ, removal of redundant configs and asoc. unwanted addons worked, thanks for great weapons pack.

Yep no problem, as if you join (or in one) make sure to use the same config as they do (if they use my weapons pack) so you can see the weapons, found that out through reading the forums but happy shooting :)

No worries Eric. Thanks for taking the time to look at it. Really appreciate it. Looking forward to the next release.

Yeah it's a great idea just something I personally can't implement...

Anyway, got the inventory images sorted for the weapons so later on I'll post RC43...

Eric, you mentioned earlier that you were looking at more skinning and vehicle work. With the vehicles, are you intending to create your own models from scratch through to completion and release? What vehicles would you be thinking of creating?

I've had a drone in mind, partly inspired from a Shadowrun drone with a small caliber (as in .50 cal or 7.62) gatling gun a la the drone from Ghost Recon Future Soldier (never completed the game, too ludicrous in some ways and buggy as shit and I detest third-person games as a whole for first person shooters), something like that but as said it's a future project that will start fairly soon as the idea is in my mind, just have to preen the files from deltagamer and so on for turrets and the tank sample model that comes with the Tools.

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:47 ----------

EricJ Weapons Pack

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvlssubmxpvabcl/%40U100RC43.7z?dl=0

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

RC43

- Added "SCAR-H LSW" with a 50-round drum magazine. Weapon can still accept and use 20-round magazines.

- Fixed SCAR-H Mid-Length Barrel shadow LODS.

- Fixed inventory image path for M3LR scope.

- Adjusted M107 SLAP Magazines with BIS values

- Added Barret XM109, available with HE, and APDS ammunition.

- Updated Ammo Boxes accordingly

- Added ability for M249 to hard rest with the Optional TMR Bipod PBO.

- Updated some things with the Optional TMR Bipod PBO.

- Added new HK416 sounds courtesy of taumargin

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

Classnames for the XM109 (because I just realized that I forgot to update the readme:

Weapon: ej_xm109

HE ammo: Barret25HE_mag

APDS: Barret25AP_mag

More than likely (Foxhound, Miller, PWS) standby as I'll upload a fixed readme...

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hope SCAR-H with a drum mag will be included in RC43.
RC43

- Added "SCAR-H LSW" with a 50-round drum magazine. Weapon can still accept and use 20-round magazines.

Thank you very much Eric!

Okay upload fixed, correct Readme is there, and no problem man. I know I put it off but enjoy :D :coop:

Shifting gears:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip514.jpg

wip515.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip516.jpg

wip517.jpg

FRAPs is starting annoy me, as maybe I'm not hitting the button down hard enough or just something else... Anyway for those who don't know, it's the JAWS (Joint Attack Weapons System) camo (75-262 and will be textured as such) back in the day... Normally the Wipeout doesn't have this kind of scheme but given that it's a futuristic A-10A, not C, I thought it would look interesting nonetheless. This will be added to my skin mod (when done) but some WIP shots don't hurt...

The reference images show it darker, and it's mentioned in the article (Here: http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/a10ajawsschemesdb_1.htm) that the tone varied greatly with the time of day, sun, etc. So I think from the actual photos that it's still too light (but an easy fix) so I'll probably mess with it a little bit more

---------- Post added at 20:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

Noticed an issue with the config (wrong sound for the XM109, I think a Mk19 sound is better than a tank cannon... as well as some other stuff I should have caught before)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnwy4nd5j5lzvlr/confighotfix.7z?dl=0

Please don't upload Foxhound, PWS or Miller... I'll post the same RC43 link to update y'alls downloads so you're not looking bad because of me...

---------- Post added at 20:53 ---------- Previous post was at 20:46 ----------

Sigh... more work:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip518.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip519.jpg

wip520.jpg

wip521.jpg

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:56 ----------

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvlssubmxpvabcl/%40U100RC43.7z?dl=0

Fixed link (and mod) for RC43... sorry about that inconvenience...

Edited by EricJ

Lightened it a bit (feeling a bit better now with the yellow-orange main color) and softened the edges around the splotches to give it a more "ad hoc" look (as was the original) as I'm sure they just grabbed a lot of spray paint cans and went to town on the bird:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip525.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip526.jpg

wip527.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip528.jpg

Still have some minor details to add but overall she's almost done...

BTW Warlord554 I checked my reference photos and can't find the mythic weathering on the tailplanes, but could be more of a non-slip coating that has eroded away, but nothing (I have various shots to confirm this) to suggest any exhaust discoloration due to engine exhaust.

Edited by EricJ

Another addition to the Wipeout Skin Mod is the countermeasures system done by geraldbolso1899:

Modes:

A- single pair release

B- 8 flares in 0.5 seconds

C- 8 flares in 1 s

D- 8 flares in 2 s

E- 8 flares in 4 s

F- 16 flares in 1 s

G- 16 flares in 2 s

H- 16 flares in 4 s

I- 16 flares in 8 s

When it's available (and will be included in the readme, but you have to press (by default) LCTRL+C to select from the modes above for the countermeasures system.

Some nose work, trying to add a guide for the refuelling receptacle (unless I'm just confused) as BIS mapped it... okay but could have done better so it is what it is for now and needs some tweaking:

wip529.jpg

wip530.jpg

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

wip531.jpg

Took some artistic license and added the false canopy from the vanilla texture to the new one... after that I'm pretty much done so I'll upload a new PBO in a bit.

---------- Post added at 22:03 ---------- Previous post was at 21:39 ----------

RC4

- Added "JAWS" camo scheme

- Tweaked some textures and all aircraft have false canopies and added more detail as necessary

- Added adjustable countermeasures programming courtesy of geraldbolso1899

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gm3kmi6wg7iay70/EricJWipeoutRC4.7z?dl=0

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I think you could improve the JAWS skin if you desaturate it by quite a bit. In reality there were variances between the planes, but none was so bright/saturated. The yellow should rather be a sand tone, not like a lemon. And it would receive more camo value in game if you shift the color a small bit into the red (which does NOT stray off the real example).

http://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/a-10/images/jaws_258_01.jpg

http://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/a-10/images/jaws_260_02.jpg

Edited by Brainbug

hey,Eric,some of the rifles in you weapon pack lose their muzzle flame,one i can remember is AKM Tactical,really like this rifle,hope you can fix it.