Hey Eric,

Since you are on a "skinin spree", I think you should consider this:

X2rXAId.jpg

TN5Of8X.jpg

The Blue Angels wouldn't be complete without Fat Albert :p

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 ----------

;2795606']

And great work with the Wipeout' date=' your reskin and geraldobolsos HUD fixes make it enjoyable flying!

cheers![/quote']

Aye aye ;)

Corporal Lib [bR]

Maybe a moot point but these are the entries in the weapon config (where the confusion started:

maxRecoilSway=0.0000;

swayDecaySpeed=0.00;

That determines all that sway business (recoil or not) but yeah...

No promises geraldbolso1899 as down the road if I feel a "proper" Blue Angels mod needs to be done so I may warm up to it later but not now. Matter of fact I have to probably do research on the pilot uniforms and mod the stock uniform to match that.

Thanks all...

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

As always thanks...

Managed to mess around with some textures and get this result:

wip499.jpg

wip500.jpg

Unfortunately the RVMATS sort of "Grunge" the overall look and I think I'm able to place the Blue Angels logo on top of the helmet visor without suffering from optimization effects (mirrored parts of the texture) to at least have some kind of flash on it given texture mapping.

Wiping out Stuff...

One note though, the textures seem too bright.

Cheers

Edited by geraldbolso1899

Yeah its more "clean" than the darker weathered effect and I got this off one of my ED PSDs for the A-10C (removed all the weathering layers), so it's actually a bit lighter than normal. I'll probably go back and tweak it a bit.

Nice vid too...

Edited by EricJ

The MANG re-skins are really cool to see! I used to drive by the real ones almost everyday. This will make the wipeout more fun for me, thank you.

No problem, the default skin is actually "Okay" but sometimes you need some realism in flying... Though thankfully they fixed the handling of the jet too...

---------- Post added at 00:45 ---------- Previous post was at 00:23 ----------

- Readjusted colors and darkened:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip501.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip502.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip503.jpg

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gyxjew1mv8hqeq6/EricJWipeoutRC2.7z?dl=0

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Eric, those aircraft skins look great. Just a quick idea for you. Would it be possible to configure any of your Scars to fire the sdar underwater round? Thanks for your hard work!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Checked out the SDAR mags Wansec_6 and... I think I'll be going down a slippery slope on capabilities of the weapons. I'm quite sure you can fire in real life the SCAR-X series with a receiver full of water and the weapon not blowing up on you (HK416s can do that, saw a video... Here:

) but an M4 series weapon cannot at least in real life (But given ArmaLogic, all weapons have that capability in-game or at least over the beach capability). I'm assuming you're looking for a capability for firing underwater. No. I'm not going down that road as underwater ballistics reduce (so far the Russian 5.45 x 39mm from the ADS) to 18m at 20m depth if I read that article right. Besides the weapon has to be configured for shooting underwater, not so much the ammunition or magazine itself. And besides other than a few weapons firing underwater is still problematic for most weapons, and quite frankly if BIS modeled OTB shooting then I'd happily enable that capability but for now no, not doing it. Edited by EricJ

No worries Eric, just thought I'd ask. Thanks for considering and investigating it.

No unless you modded the config and switched up the texture names. I did a triple-check of the config and textures and all is good.

No unless you modded the config and switched up the texture names. I did a triple-check of the config and textures and all is good.

I not change anything just copy the folder with all its contents , addons , etc... to my mod folder...

It's gotta be a texture glitch then as I loaded both aircraft in The Editor and all show proper placement of textures, so I doubt it was just an error on my part. Matter of fact I opened up the PBO I uploaded last night and both textures are correctly named and the config is good to go. So you may have to redownload it or something but the only time that problem occurred was when I started the project, and got the textures in the wrong order, in which they are currently, and as of when I first uploaded it. So other than that the only suggestion is to redownload it:

It's gotta be a texture glitch then as I loaded both aircraft in The Editor and all show proper placement of textures, so I doubt it was just an error on my part. Matter of fact I opened up the PBO I uploaded last night and both textures are correctly named and the config is good to go. So you may have to redownload it or something but the only time that problem occurred was when I started the project, and got the textures in the wrong order, in which they are currently, and as of when I first uploaded it. So other than that the only suggestion is to redownload it:

Ok i'm downloading... I'll do a clear install and test ... Thank you for all

Yep no problem

Also... what version of the game do you have? I assume you recently bought it so it should be at 1.32. They did mention some redefinitions of the Hiddenselection textures of the Wipeout so... if you have (I would hazard) 1.30 or less then you need to update, and I changed the required version to 1.32 to solve that issue as well (for a more in-depth mod of the aircraft as much as possible).