Eric, Just a quick thank you for the Scar/Masterkey combo. Had a chance to play with it the other day and it works great. Thanks again. Looking forward to what ever you create next.

I've obviously seen it but haven't fully looked at the code, and probably should... I'll incorporate that work you put up in the mod to see how it works and do some shootin'
Sounds great.

I've created a new version of your config file. All ammo, magazine and weapon classes are extended to fully support AdvancedBallistics.

Edit: Links to modified config files as PM

Edited by Ruthberg
Removed links to modified config files

Good to hear :D

Got a PM about the L85s... I'll see about adjusting the stock so it doesn't clip so much into the shoulder, but sometimes its a hit or miss with various gear but I'll try a "best fit" and see how that goes.

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:49 ----------

Okay re-adjusted:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip439.jpg

I'm not to thrilled about moving it anymore as it seems a "best fit" for the weapon vice Kiory's model. It' s not jammed in the shoulder so it's a better looking adjustment.

Plans are to wait and see about feedback from RC40 and if not that much or none, I'll upload the fixed L85s

I can't seem to find that L85 in your picture in your pack? Is it included or a private model? Thanks :)

Wansec_6:

No problem man.

Baconide:

No that'll be in the next update when taumargin gets the sounds to me, so no you're not missing anything.

Ruthberg thanks, but this doesn't require an extra mod does it? If I remember correctly it was a mod, not so much just additional config entries? I'll check out the configs later on today and see how they perform, etc. And also for the future, could you PM me modded stuff rather than posting it here? First it says that I authorized it, which while it improves the mod, isn't and which I haven't yet, you just bushwacked me with it. Second of all I determine the direction of my mod, not external people. I haven't even checked it out yet and it's saying I give carte blanche to people just change my mod without my permission, which I understood since I started this early this year, was my mod. Third I'll have people bitching about the config when I haven't myself even looked at it yet, so doesn't make sense does it? I'm willing to check shit out to improve but a heads up first is appreciated.

Edited by EricJ

I removed the download links in my previous post, sorry for posting them publicly. I will send them as PM.

Ruthberg thanks, but this doesn't require an extra mod does it? If I remember correctly it was a mod, not so much just additional config entries?
The new config entries only provide additional data about the weapons and ammunition. They have no effect unless used together with a mod like AdvancedBallistics, that utilizes them. Existing config data does not need to be modified at all.

When used without such a mod you have no advantages and no disadvantages.

Okay that makes more sense and that's fine, so I can be more specific with Foxhound and the PWS crew as well as Joe/Jane Player, and so I'm tracking. Got your PM (thanks for understanding) and will get to it... when I can get my server running (won't show up so probably a server not a game issue) I can take a look at the effects of your additions versus what I'm used to. From what I understand that it's not going to be shit, just need to get familiar so if good (which I'm quite aware is) it'll be part of the config, and be an optional requirement.

EricJ, I know I have not officially covered this before anywhere, but I do have plans for 12 Gauge ammunition. I do not expect to be working on them anytime soon, need to look at the shotgun code in the game to figure out how it all really works (dispersion and shot damage), but I do have plans in the future for 12 gauge.

FYI I will NOT be working on 410 Gauge, 20 Gauge, 18 Gauge, 16 Gauge, 10 Gauge, 8 Gauge, 6 Gauge, & finally 4 Gauge, they are not as common and are not used by Military/LE, so please do not ask me to do those calibers. Simply put I will ONLY be working on 12 Gauge 2 3/4 - 3 inch loads!

Cool shit man, and from my little experience I'd be lying if I knew how it worked as well but figure it uses the "ShotgunBase" so it automatically makes pellets and you just adjust the velocity, etc. Been thinking of and some limited research has shown no luck so I dropped the idea.

Okay another azimuth check:

- Ruthberg's values added to the configs, all three of them. Since they are transparent in function (but work when you use his mod) it won't impact on gameplay if you don't have it. I.e. it's an optional requirement.

- Work on the Blue Angels Super Hornet is still ongoing, have to figure out a few things and some more tweaks.

- I consolidated recoil values, based on having one specifically for the IAR and one for the SCAR-Ls and so on. I removed the SCAR values since it seems the IAR values (BIS M4 values) are pretty good, nobody's bitched about the recoil yet so...

- Have some more stuff for the JFO-JTAC Guide that I need to finish and get out.

Now that I got my server working I can sorta take a break for a moment and get something done for another clan and yeah... and so on...

Oh yeah:

- Blue Angels skinwork:

wip460.jpg

wip462.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip461.jpg

Managed to clean some stuff up and add very faint panel lines (as the real aircraft has) to the bird, which is admittedly hard to see in these shots. I'm working on creating basically a new PSD as a lot of the stuff was merged and have to figure out bit by bit how the model was mapped (I was provided a UV map which helps out quite a bit, so getting a good usable skin takes a bit more to get set right. Overall it's looking good but still needs a lot of work to get "right". It should be noted that the centerline tank is permanent so until sometime (this will be released way before that, i'd say a week or twoish..) things should be working right. I'm planning on putting "Blue Angels" on the tank, just have to figure out the mapping and how it works, etc.

Edited by EricJ

Some more work:

wip465.jpg

wip466.jpg

wip467.jpg

wip468.jpg

---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

Looking at it seems pretty much "done" but i need to add the panel lines and riveting off (a reverse of my normal skinning workflow as usually I get the aircraft "settled" then start the painting, etc.) of the original template and she'll be good to go, the E is similar so I don't need to take shots of it really. These two shots precede the four above but the black lines is the UV Mapping of the tank, but otherwise a closeup of the tanks. I know normally the real Blue Angels normally don't fly tanks (clean) but for now and being reminded constantly about when he'll release a fixed model, so what you see is what you get.

Oh yeah a couple other WIP shots:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip463.jpg

wip464.jpg

Thanks, the model is practically the same as the regular old Super, but there is no way to arm it (completely just a show bird), and the rvmats are from the tactical version so you'll see at various angles but realistically it doesn't detract from the look. I'm really not going to enjoy (never did) riveting the beast, but it's gotta be done...

Vekongmaster: I'll check it out and see what the problem is.

As for camo? Eh... I'd have to see about that down the road.

---------- Post added at 10:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 ----------

Okay Vekongmaster no BSOD after sixty rounds with or without suppressor, so I don't know how you're getting a BSOD with a sound, may be just your computer is not new? I don't know but I do have to put the little text at the bottom left of the ammo display though so you know what rounds you got.

@EricJ: well my rig uses i5 2500k and gtx 680, is that really that weak? :o this stuttering doesn't happen really often though, i think it's not due to my rig. perhaps your mod is conflicting with other mods that i use, could it be? I'm using Advanced Ballistics mod. Does your mod conflict with that mod?

So far since Ruthberg put it out I have heard no complaints (other than you) and from what he said that the mod doesn't affect the guns in anyway out of base config work, i.e. adjusting BIS values so they work better (such as naturally Spartan0536's work) and I'm not terribly familiar with his mod yet to make an educated guess, but I doubt it would cause BSOD.

---------- Post added at 16:08 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

With help from John_Spartan:

wip469.jpg

After he showed me how to "remove" the non usable tank via hidden selections and kinda sucks as you can't use it but... c'est la vie. Right now still working on the textures so when I get the tactical version done I can simply switch layers and apply it to the Blue Angels (it's much easier working off the tactical than the Blue of the Blue Angels, etc.) down the road. I was going to take a snap of the actual "Paint schemes" ("Service Menu... ish) interface but I'll get it up so you can see. Still the pylon removal is down the road when John_Spartan and Saul update down the road, but I figure next weekish the latest I'll be confident to release as while I don't have OCD in most stuff (starting to form with guns) but skinning jets I do, so when it's ready it'll be on Armaholic or PWS, etc.

And now with the tank removed I gotta fix the "Arrow" on the underside, just noticed that... but yeah easy fix, etc.

Did some cleanup of the first post (man maintenance, maintenance... etc.)

For Foxhound and PWS Team as well of course for you the player:

Required Addons:

- ASDG Joint Rails (required)

- ASDG Joint Muzzles (however a non-Joint Muzzles config is included if you do not want to use this mod)

- Community Based Addons for A3 (for the AT4)

Optional Addons:

- TMR Autorest (with the optional “U100_TMR_Bipods.pbo†included in the download.

- Ruthberg’s Advanced Ballistics (if not used does not affect gameplay).

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nx3oprp5390c5jp/%40U100RC41.7z?dl=0

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

RC41

- Adjusted L85 models so they won't clip into the avatar's shoulder.

- Fixed M4/M4A1 ability to use Suppressors

- Removed Camera Shake when using TMR bipods.

- Fixed HK615 images (again)

- Improved AT4 textures and readjusted some values via some PDF documents from Spartan0536

- Readjusted HK416 10.5-inch muzzle proxy based on real world pictures.

- Tweaked PMAG models so they're harder to see into but the window functions as needed.

- Adjusted Magazine texture for the HK416.

- Added some re-textures by Hawaii_Based for the M249 and the M110.

- Re-adjusted rpm values for a variety of weapons from Slatt's formula. It should be stressed that values are for cyclic, not sustained ROF.

- Fixed L85A2 and UGL model based on work with 16AA.

- Thanks to Ruthberg, added his work to ALL three configs, and only works when his mod, Advanced Ballistics mod is used: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26488&highlight=ADVANCED%2BBALLISTICS

- Added M249 sounds to the configs, work courtesy of taumargin.

- Fixed first topic to be more clearer with other mod requirements.

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 18:11 ----------

Menu screen for the Blue Angels F/A-18E version (not done by me, John_Spartan/Saul):

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip470.jpg

It should be stressed that the aircraft as it is cannot work with the service menu, and needless to say the F/A-18F Blue Angels version doesn't have a menu (only one skin so yeah). Also got the "Arrow" lined up right, I'm going to throw yellow paint on the center pylon and the tailhook and assembly is recolored blue at the moment but will tweak it after supper:

wip472.jpg

Edited by EricJ

No problem :)

More work and an alibi shot, if you had seen it before (used the wrong stencil lines, shame on me...) I did the STEP/NO STEP areas on the tailplanes. I had taken some liberties with the coloring since I figure it would make sense for a show jet (and works well too):

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip474.jpg

And got the centerline pylon painted as well. I'm still trucking on the rivets so it's a matter of time before I can feel it's ready for release:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip474.jpg

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Much appreciated as always Foxhound and Kari...

And...

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip478.jpg

I've managed to get the stripe less... "kinky" and somewhat more linear but the mapping is what it is and pretty much the E is done, gonna have to tweak the F though from this shot. More than likely tomorrow (Friday) or Saturday at the latest, but it's practically finished, just those tweaks...