Duh yeah... I forgot to just resize the hole on the 556 version, thanks for the reminder...

No problem man, easy fix that's all ;)

Man finally got to try out the m4 with suppressor, it's a beast awesome job on that also the 416cqc is pretty nice as well. Is the 416 fire rate really that slow in real life? Seems like it's alot slower than both the m4 and scar-l, not that it's bad, was just curious, as I have never had the chance to see it fire one irl.

I'd have to look at the specs again as I remember reading somewhere that it had (at least the IAR) on cyclic was about 36 rpm. The M4 series has roughly 40 rpm on Burst so if HK made it similar it would be about the same I would think. But again I'll go to their product page (mind you they're pimping the A5 version now but should be similar) and see how it is.

Well looking at the A5 looks like around 850 rds/min while older versions have (going over Wiki at least) 700-900 rds/min, so its not hard to adjust the rpm on the IAR/416s.

EDIT: But methinks there is a gas regulator for the IAR (Winters12?) that adjusts the rpm at least on the IAR as its quoted as Sustained at 36rpm and cyclic at 700-850, so believe it or not most automatic weapons shouldn't be zip guns.

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 ----------

Okay for the next release I've adjusted the rpm (at least for the 416) to about... maybe around 700, again BIS doesn't make it simple for rpm so I'm taking a stab in the dark as far rpm goes. So hopefully it'll be close anyway. I'm sure the Marine Corps keeps it around 36rpm so I won't touch the IAR rpm for now.

Edited by EricJ

To get you're ROF right in Arma. Go to reloadTime = in the FullAuto section of you're weapon config. Then calcuate 60 divided by the real life ROF of the weapon. For 700 RPM it's 0.085.

reloadTime = 0.085;

Okay sweet, I put it at 0.060 for now but good to know... Much appreciated!

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:26 ----------

Okay I managed to re-adjust ALL of the ROFs for the Auto capable weapons, with thanks again to Slatts for that formula. Bear in mind I put it at "halfway" between the ROFs if there was a median point. I'm sure people want a zip ROF versus a slow ROF but that way I can attempt to make people happy and keep it relatively sane. Yes I know most weapons have gas regulators to adjust ROF but until BIS models this it'll be fixed for now and pretty much it.

Sweet man. I'm not going to complain about the fire rate :-) I guess it pays to ask questions some times. Thanks again for your hard work. Have great guns makes mission building way more fun and interesting

Yep no problem.

A few things:

I got a PM from taumargin about the M249 sounds so I've given him a config to play with to get the sounds right and trying to also get an HK416 sound, to replace the great L85 sound by LordJarhead. Which is to say that I want something more specific as sometimes weapons obviously do sound different and while I've enjoyed that sound, it's more for the L85A2/UGL version rather than an HK, even though HK worked on the SA80s in real life. Also after talking with a week ago or more about the AT4 about the backblast effect and how it operates in the real world. It's not perfect but the weapon does have a water vapor effect and managed to use the DAR rocket exhaust as a decent alternative rather than having a Titan/RPG-32/NLAW effect going. So once I get the sounds I'll post another update. Not to rush taumargin but I figure kill that bird with a stone easy.

Hey man just a heads up the m4a1 has no sound when in single fire mode with a suppressor attached, dry fire sound works tho.

Okay I'll check it, thanks.

EDIT: Yeah, bad path on the sound for the suppressed sound, fixed for next version of the upload.

Edited by EricJ

I'd have to look at the specs again as I remember reading somewhere that it had (at least the IAR) on cyclic was about 36 rpm. The M4 series has roughly 40 rpm on Burst so if HK made it similar it would be about the same I would think. But again I'll go to their product page (mind you they're pimping the A5 version now but should be similar) and see how it is.

Well looking at the A5 looks like around 850 rds/min while older versions have (going over Wiki at least) 700-900 rds/min, so its not hard to adjust the rpm on the IAR/416s.

EDIT: But methinks there is a gas regulator for the IAR (Winters12?) that adjusts the rpm at least on the IAR as its quoted as Sustained at 36rpm and cyclic at 700-850, so believe it or not most automatic weapons shouldn't be zip guns.

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 ----------

Okay for the next release I've adjusted the rpm (at least for the 416) to about... maybe around 700, again BIS doesn't make it simple for rpm so I'm taking a stab in the dark as far rpm goes. So hopefully it'll be close anyway. I'm sure the Marine Corps keeps it around 36rpm so I won't touch the IAR rpm for now.

You'd be correct.

Nice one, thanks!

Unfortunately after testing yesterday getting 36 RPM for Full Auto is not... recommended game-wise, so right now I have the rpm set at about 750, I can try around 90 but not too confident it'll work as needed...

Are guys talking about rate of fire as in how fast the weapon system can actually go or the sustainable rate of fire?

For sanity purposes I'm going to have to go cyclic as opposed to sustained, because sustained is shorter, like burst technique, and so on. Cyclic is holding down the trigger and spraying and praying. It seems more reasonable to assume BIS goes for Cyclic as opposed to sustained, because if I use Slatt's formula, which is accurate I get a very slow firing weapon, so I have to go with cyclic to get a reasonable "speed" for weapons on Full Auto, and frankly Slatt's formula is on the money as I was riding an M4 on Burst and it felt right when it shot so I"m not going to fuck with something that works.

yesterday i installed your mod and tried the M107. when i was shooting couple of times, all the sudden my game froze and went BSOD. i'm not trying to blame it on your mod but i swear to God i never got any BSOD before. your other guns are alright except for the m107. Probably it happened due to its sound coz whenever i attached a suppressor to it, it worked just fine...but whenever i used standard muzzle brake, it sounds really loud and kinda stuttering which could lead into a freeze and BSOD >_<

For sanity purposes I'm going to have to go cyclic as opposed to sustained, because sustained is shorter, like burst technique, and so on. Cyclic is holding down the trigger and spraying and praying. It seems more reasonable to assume BIS goes for Cyclic as opposed to sustained, because if I use Slatt's formula, which is accurate I get a very slow firing weapon, so I have to go with cyclic to get a reasonable "speed" for weapons on Full Auto, and frankly Slatt's formula is on the money as I was riding an M4 on Burst and it felt right when it shot so I"m not going to fuck with something that works.

I was going to say that sustained ROF has nothing to do with cyclic ROF. Sustained is what the manufacturer rates their weapon systems to do non stop without causing major malfunctions. (Shooting out the chrome lining of the barrels, melting the barrels, breaking internal parts due to excess heat or stress, etc...) Cyclic ROF is what Arma will use. Since for the games purposes your weapons don't malfunction. (AGM users excluded if you still have overheating turned on, then its user responsibility to maintain a proper sustained ROF.)

are you working on some 416 camo texture?

always a pleasure playn with your models. great work eric!

Vekongmaster: I'll check it out and see what the problem is.

As for camo? Eh... I'd have to see about that down the road.

---------- Post added at 10:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 ----------

Okay Vekongmaster no BSOD after sixty rounds with or without suppressor, so I don't know how you're getting a BSOD with a sound, may be just your computer is not new? I don't know but I do have to put the little text at the bottom left of the ammo display though so you know what rounds you got.

Edited by EricJ

An "Uh should have caught this" moment for the L85:

wip455.jpg

Had to redo the Arma 2 model with more correct holes based off of work with 16AA. Also the UGL version has been updated as well.

Hello EricJ,

have you ever stumbled across the Advanced Ballistics mod? To make the most out of your mod, when used together with this addon, you would have to slightly expand your config file. Only minimal effort is required.

I - and surely some others - would be very happy if you do so.

Example:

class ej_Lapua: B_556x45_Ball
{
hit=23;
indirectHit=0;
indirectHitRange=0;
cartridge="FxCartridge_762";
visibleFire=6;
audibleFire=9;
cost=1.2;
airLock=1;
typicalSpeed=936;
caliber=1.6;
model="";
nvgonly=0;
airFriction=-0.00051659998;
tracerendtime=0;
tracerscale=0;
tracerstarttime=0;
[color="#006400"]	AB_caliber=0.338;
AB_bulletLength=1.558;
AB_bulletMass=250;
AB_ammoTempMuzzleVelocityShifts[]={-26.55, -25.47, -22.85, -20.12, -16.98, -12.80, -7.64, -1.53, 5.96, 15.17, 26.19};
AB_ballisticCoefficients[]={0.322};
AB_velocityBoundaries[]={};
AB_standardAtmosphere="ICAO";
AB_dragModel=7;
AB_muzzleVelocities[]={936};
AB_barrelLengths[]={27};[/color]
};
class ej_lrr_scoped: Ej_u100_base
{
scope=2;
model="\u100\ej_lrr_scoped.p3d";
picture="\U100\data\UI\lrr_scoped_x_ca.paa";
modelOptics="\u100\LRR_optic.p3d";
handanim[]=
{
	"\u100\data\anim\m24.rtm"
};
displayname="L115A1 Desert";
reloadAction="GestureReloadEBR";
[color="#006400"]	AB_barrelTwist=11;
AB_barrelLength=27;[/color]
magazines[]=
{
	"L115A1_mag"
};
dexterity=0.44999999;
modes[]=
{
	"L115Single",
	"single_medium_optics1",
	"single_far_optics2"
};
class OpticsModes
{
	class StepScope
	{
		opticsID=1;
		useModelOptics="true";
		opticsZoomMin=0.049800001;
		opticsZoomMax=0.15000001;
		opticsZoomInit=0.049800001;
		distanceZoomMin=400;
		distanceZoomMax=120;
		opticsPPEffects[]=
		{
			"OpticsCHAbera1",
			"OpticsBlur1"
		};
		memoryPointCamera="eye";
		opticsFlare="true";
		opticsDisablePeripherialVision="true";
		cameraDir="";
		discreteDistance[]={100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800};
		discreteDistanceInitIndex=2;
	};
};
class WeaponSlotsInfo
{
	allowedslots[]={901};
	mass=60;
	class MuzzleSlot
	{
		access=1;
		compatibleitems[]={};
		displayname="Muzzle Slot";
		linkproxy="\A3\data_f\proxies\weapon_slots\MUZZLE";
		scope=0;
	};
	class asdg_FrontSideRail_IAR: asdg_FrontSideRail
	{
		access=1;
		compatibleitems[]=
		{
			"Harris_ej"
		};
		displayname="Bipod Slot";
		linkproxy="\A3\data_f\proxies\weapon_slots\SIDE";
		scope=0;
	};
};
};

Edited by Ruthberg

Hey Eric,

just wanted to ask if it would be possible to make the M110 more "yellowish" would fit better to sand orientated terrain as the actual orange like color. Just ask if it´s possible :)

Hello EricJ,

have you ever stumbled across the Advanced Ballistics mod? To make the most out of your mod, when used together with this addon, you would have to slightly expand your config file. Only minimal effort is required.

I - and surely some others - would be very happy if you do so.

Example:

class ej_Lapua: B_556x45_Ball
{
hit=23;
indirectHit=0;
indirectHitRange=0;
cartridge="FxCartridge_762";
visibleFire=6;
audibleFire=9;
cost=1.2;
airLock=1;
typicalSpeed=936;
caliber=1.6;
model="";
nvgonly=0;
airFriction=-0.00051659998;
tracerendtime=0;
tracerscale=0;
tracerstarttime=0;
[color="#006400"]	AB_caliber=0.338;
AB_bulletLength=1.558;
AB_bulletMass=250;
AB_ammoTempMuzzleVelocityShifts[]={-26.55, -25.47, -22.85, -20.12, -16.98, -12.80, -7.64, -1.53, 5.96, 15.17, 26.19};
AB_ballisticCoefficients[]={0.322};
AB_velocityBoundaries[]={};
AB_standardAtmosphere="ICAO";
AB_dragModel=7;
AB_muzzleVelocities[]={936};
AB_barrelLengths[]={27};[/color]
};
class ej_lrr_scoped: Ej_u100_base
{
scope=2;
model="\u100\ej_lrr_scoped.p3d";
picture="\U100\data\UI\lrr_scoped_x_ca.paa";
modelOptics="\u100\LRR_optic.p3d";
handanim[]=
{
	"\u100\data\anim\m24.rtm"
};
displayname="L115A1 Desert";
reloadAction="GestureReloadEBR";
[color="#006400"]	AB_barrelTwist=11;
AB_barrelLength=27;[/color]
magazines[]=
{
	"L115A1_mag"
};
dexterity=0.44999999;
modes[]=
{
	"L115Single",
	"single_medium_optics1",
	"single_far_optics2"
};
class OpticsModes
{
	class StepScope
	{
		opticsID=1;
		useModelOptics="true";
		opticsZoomMin=0.049800001;
		opticsZoomMax=0.15000001;
		opticsZoomInit=0.049800001;
		distanceZoomMin=400;
		distanceZoomMax=120;
		opticsPPEffects[]=
		{
			"OpticsCHAbera1",
			"OpticsBlur1"
		};
		memoryPointCamera="eye";
		opticsFlare="true";
		opticsDisablePeripherialVision="true";
		cameraDir="";
		discreteDistance[]={100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800};
		discreteDistanceInitIndex=2;
	};
};
class WeaponSlotsInfo
{
	allowedslots[]={901};
	mass=60;
	class MuzzleSlot
	{
		access=1;
		compatibleitems[]={};
		displayname="Muzzle Slot";
		linkproxy="\A3\data_f\proxies\weapon_slots\MUZZLE";
		scope=0;
	};
	class asdg_FrontSideRail_IAR: asdg_FrontSideRail
	{
		access=1;
		compatibleitems[]=
		{
			"Harris_ej"
		};
		displayname="Bipod Slot";
		linkproxy="\A3\data_f\proxies\weapon_slots\SIDE";
		scope=0;
	};
};
};

I've obviously seen it but haven't fully looked at the code, and probably should... I'll incorporate that work you put up in the mod to see how it works and do some shootin'

Hey Eric,

just wanted to ask if it would be possible to make the M110 more "yellowish" would fit better to sand orientated terrain as the actual orange like color. Just ask if it´s possible :)

Yeah I can do that as usually base colors get messed up when viewed in photos as it gets jacked up due to the ambient light, so getting the right base color (going to have to find a modelling site) can be a pain in the ass.

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

Helped out John Spartan/Saul/Peral of a sorts with a Blue Angels Skin for the Super Hornet.

wip456.jpg

Naturally it's a "What If" but so far has turned out pretty well. I've done some tweaks since this last screenshot for the past hour but I was cleared to release it due to the busy schedule that John Spartan and Co. are under.

What it can do:

- Look pretty cool when finished.

- Numbered 1-6 for single-seater and number 7 for the two-seater

- It flies

What it cannot do:

- Get you laid

- Seriously it is configured for no weapons, but the two-seater shows up fully armed, so have to get that fixed or figure out why its doing that. Failing that go to the HEMTT Ammo like the base jet and clear the loadout.

- Smoke effects presently do not work, so it's setup but I'll disable it until a fix (Peral) can implement it, but given their schedules it will be... sometime.

It has it's own "service menu" but you have to be by the ammo truck or you'll get an image error so far, I may find a way to remove that and with John's/Saul's permission tweak the script so it looks for the image in the same mod folder, etc.

And no I won't do requests for the moment, I've gotten to the point where I need to be left the fuck alone and realize that there will be no Fat Albert to go along with the skin mod. And no custom pilot textures yet, just the jets.

Yep no problem.

A few things:

I got a PM from taumargin about the M249 sounds so I've given him a config to play with to get the sounds right and trying to also get an HK416 sound, to replace the great L85 sound by LordJarhead. Which is to say that I want something more specific as sometimes weapons obviously do sound different and while I've enjoyed that sound, it's more for the L85A2/UGL version rather than an HK, even though HK worked on the SA80s in real life. Also after talking with a week ago or more about the AT4 about the backblast effect and how it operates in the real world. It's not perfect but the weapon does have a water vapor effect and managed to use the DAR rocket exhaust as a decent alternative rather than having a Titan/RPG-32/NLAW effect going. So once I get the sounds I'll post another update. Not to rush taumargin but I figure kill that bird with a stone easy.

When you say 416 sound, do you mean the 416 or the IAR? I can't remember if they're the same (and haven't been able to Arma the last week). I ask because I've "re-pathed" a few other mods to use your IAR sound (which I think sounds perfect to my ear). Just want to know if I should grab the file and try to do some surgery...which I usually fail at. Or maybe you could leave the sound in your .pbo so it could still be used.

Yes, the M27 is a derivative of the HK416 and such uses the same sound. If taumargin can come up with a sound the priority is his. If not I can swing with yours but I think now I want some variety in sounds so it has a different "feel" to it.

---------- Post added at 21:08 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

Oh yeah an alibi on the Super Hornets:

- John Spartan is aware of the issue with the pylons, so they will be present (as such the texture will show the "US NAVY" where line jets have it, under the fuselage formation lights by the engines.

- John Spartan will release a "clean" version... sometime. That's even his best guess given his schedule so yes we're aware of the problem and it will be taken care of.