And yeah after 15 years I figure I would get it right eventually. Darkened the M4s to something more realistic, and the Black IARs are going to get the same treatment (looking a lot better in my opinion) so yeah here's a shot:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip430.jpg

Eric, would you consider creating (if possible) an assault rifle/shotgun combo like the masterkey system, but using your scars as the primary weapon?

Yeah I'm sure I can as I did one for an HK416 and M4 for the 7-75 Ranger Regiment clan. The only thing I'll warn you is that due to setup issues, the optic view for the MK will be set for iron sights. So when you shoot iron sights it doesn't look weird. But depending on optics it may look a bit funky, but if you're using Pellets then seriously, it's a fucking shotgun, not a sniper rife, but yeah it's doable. Though I'll use parts from Purple's source models from his Benelli M4 pack.

And so far as feedback is concerned the only negative thing is reload anim, which uses the stock BIS anim so watch your shot use/placement.

Sounds good. I'll look forward to its release, if you choose to do it. Really enjoy and appreciate the effort you put into your weapons. Keep up the good work.

Yep and thar she blows...

wip432.jpg

Eric, while I think of it. Is it possible to make under barrel grenade launchers such as the FN EGLM and M203 attachable and detachable? Watched a video a few years ago of a FN Herstal instructor demoing the attachment of the EGLM to a SCAR and then removing it.

---------- Post added at 13:53 ---------- Previous post was at 13:51 ----------

WOW! That looks magnificent. Great work and in such a short time. I think you better change your signature to read master freelance armorer.

Nah man, if I actually made the 3D models yes, it's a copy and paste jobbie on this one so no not yet :)

Nevertheless it's still a great piece of work that will look good and be very useful in game. Thanks again for your efforts.

No problem... there's a standalone MK14 or 13 from A2 that I have on hand for a standalone grenade launcher though, but I'll see what I can do.

---------- Post added at 09:51 ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 ----------

And in-game...

wip433.jpg

Still have to do inventory pics but otherwise it works.

Before I get the piranhas...

What it can do:

- Kill virtual people

- Reload anim shows you "loading" and "cocking" the shotgun

- Has it's own unique sound, and no doesn't have a portion for charging the slide, yet.

What it can't do:

- Rack the slide when you fire a round as in animation-wise.

- Hand won't go to the trigger when selecting the Masterkey, and imagine that, it doesn't do it for the GL, so there's no assigned reload anim other than the BIS stock anim.

Available round types:

- Buckshot

- HE

- Slug

No I don't know how to script Dragon's Breath, so no it's not available.

As mentioned before, the shotgun model is not mine, it's from here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21870

Edited by EricJ

That looks great Eric. Wonderful job you've done there.

As you mentioned earlier you would try and make a detachable EGLM, I was wondering whether you could attach the m32 to a scar like the masterkey?

Chuck Norris had a similar setup in Missing in Action 3 movie, though his was attached to a H&K G3 variant.

What do you think?

Yes as of now we have no hope for proper underslung animations. I've emailed devs and submitted a feedback ticket, they reviewed and said it was a no go (yet)

I created a custom sound that incoporates the "rack" afterwards, you have to modify the reload time so the sound has a chance to play(otherwise the shotgun would act like a semi auto). Your more than welcome to use it

I'll be interested Warlord554.

Wansec_6... maybe.

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:07 ----------

I'm gonna have to say no on the SCAR/MGL combo. It's just too unwieldy and just doesn't make sense. Remember MIA 3 is and only a movie, and quite frankly I don't want to get into involved in the cray cray (crazy) stuff too much. I can only do so much and quite frankly I'm not interested.

And besides the Masterkey was "easy" since I had already had everything set out a few weeks ago, so yeah. Besides I got a lot of projects with:

16AA

7-75Regiment

USAF Mod

Hawaii_Based Ranger Regiment Mod

Personal Weapons pack which ends up slowly into the public weapons pack

Plus another project that's been in the works for a couple weeks so I have enough gun work to deal with. When I post updates for this weapons pack it means I'm not really busy at the moment. But the more far-fetched stuff I do the more I fall down that slippery slide that sometimes movie guns should stay in the movies.

Mind you I'm a big science fiction fan and movie fan, but yeah man it looks cool and interesting I'll admit, but seriously not too practical. But only Chuck Norris gets that privilege anyway.

Edited by EricJ

That's cool Eric. Was just an idea I thought you might like. You are right about it being unwieldy. I understand about your other work as well. Thanks for taking the time to consider it.

Yeah and to show you this is how it would look generally before some adjusting and rescaling, I mean from the photo I saw on IMFDB Chuck Norris really wasn't shouldering the weapon (and I guess not since I never saw the movie to be honest with you). So no... you're better off using the unrealistic "3GL" grenade magazines:

wip434.jpg

But this image is not in any way consent, it's just to show the reality of the situation.

Hahahahaha indeed.

Anyway spent some time giving the muzzles on the IARs and M4s some TLC. The original version was a good placeholder but since I can spend some time:

wip435.jpg

That's a great concept pic, but you are right. I'd hate to have to carry it into combat. If my memory is correct, Chuck only fired the unit from the hip. Thanks again.

No problem man.

And after a few adjustments:

wip436.jpg

Definitely a lot better than the original, which was okay then but had to get some better looking stuff worked out.

Im having some trouble with trying out this weapons mod and was hoping maybe someone could point me in the right direction so I can get it working correctly.

- I installed the latest download (rc39 from dropbox)

In game most of the new weapons show up with attachable scopes to choose from in the Virtual Arsenal but do not attach and display correctly.

I checked the readme and the front page of the thread to see if there were any prerequisite addons needed but nothing is listed.

How do I get the scopes to function?

PS - also, the readme states that JSRS users need to use the optional JSRS pbo, but there is no such file included in rc39.

Ok, thanks very much for this, a wonderful job you've done with sooo much work!

Might wanna update the first post so new peeps know about the Rail dependencies.

Sure thing man.

---------- Post added at 14:07 ---------- Previous post was at 13:15 ----------

After reading a topic about Zeus compatibility and getting addons to work with it and some testing, for this pack there will be really one ammo box, holding the weapons and items (have to really update that too). Reason I say that to get them to individually show up is not difficult, just needless and time consuming when I can just put it in an ammo box and when you drop it on the ground, you can still edit the contents as necessary and then access it in-game.

Love your work Eric, especially the L85! Would you consider making the UGL version?