Well having used at least M4/M16 sights it's just a matter on eye position really, as we trained with the eye nearly on the aperture to see good enough. Also bear in mind the real sight the hole isn't that large to begin with so it's a matter of game eye mechanics versus reality so I'll tweak it a bit but you can only do so much too.

Well having used at least M4/M16 sights it's just a matter on eye position really, as we trained with the eye nearly on the aperture to see good enough. Also bear in mind the real sight the hole isn't that large to begin with so it's a matter of game eye mechanics versus reality so I'll tweak it a bit but you can only do so much too.

Yeah, the real sight's aperture is smaller than a Matech or even Magpul's day sights (which are decently sized). It's much smaller than a Troy sight. I've been able to hit 4" clays at 200 yards with the KAC sights on my SR-15 and standard ball ammo, something I can't do with the Matech. The bad part is a bigger aperture is better for CQB (or at night), so it's a trade off.

And yes, Eric, the sight zeros down to 200m. Are you going to try and put the range markers on there or just have it without?

BTW, you have more pics waiting...

Given that I used BIS textures... maybe, maybe not, I should work on a texture for just that bit but really not sure. It won't make much of a difference due to size and it won't rotate but it would be a nice touch as well, along with tweaking the adjustment knob on the right to be more bumpy, the ridges are actual 3D models (just triangles,etc.) so yeah let me do some stuff and I'll work on things later.

And current progress at this time, got the base of it done, now working on some internals, etc. but she's coming along and going to get the slug sight done and adjusted, and it'll be nice having a front flip sight again. Also readjusted the ACOG-RMR combo and is more accurate (it was on target, now its on target, with some volunteer AAF and CSAT along the way (J-SERE Insurgency and Zeus) to verify zero, and I'm feeling much better about the zero. And I made a more rounder viewing tube than the previous version (will post shots... sometime as I'm doing the flip sight:

wip381.jpg

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:46 ----------

And... got the flip portion down. I'm very calm when looking at this so I think it's so far a good size, of course putting it on the weapon is going to be the final step but it's looking nice so far:

wip382.jpg

wip383.jpg

Brother do you sleep!? You knock out all this at a break neck pace!

I've saved enough money and sell books (one reason I link it here, I got bills to pay, and I'm medically retired from the US Army (really NG but I don't like to admit that really, 12 years active, 3 NG, and personally consider my active time much better than my 3 years of NG time) so I got plenty of time to stuff like this. Plus it's what I do to get a possible job, though really I need to improve a lot so this keeps me fresh and working on new stuff, which is good. But yes of course :D

But I finally got the front flip sight integrated onto the weapon, and I'll post pics in-game as well as the ACOG-RMR sight improvement as well (haven't even checked myself!).

Hmmm, you've got enough time AD to out balance your weekend warrior ways! :D jk of course.

But seriously, your work really is appreciated and much used into small group so I can say for certain we look forward to each and every one of your updates!

But seriously, take a break and drink some beerz

Why not gripod? I always keep hoping some one will make it, where once enabled the legs shoot our :)

Why not gripod? I always keep hoping some one will make it, where once enabled the legs shoot our :)

Because the Marine Corps issues a bipod and a foregrip, not a gripod.

Lol no problem man, though I haven't had a beer in a looooong time, but I relaxed last night as today I had to get the front flip sight done so yeah it was good to just play the game rather than mod it, which is good as I was focused on flying practice and not if my sights were good, etc. I've been decompressing quite a bit so yeah I'm chilling out man :D

But here's the sight/scope progress:

Sights folded:

wip384.jpg

Front sight up:

wip385.jpg

Current ACOG Optic View:

wip386.jpg

Iron Sight view:

wip388.jpg

Iron sight view

wip387.jpg

Now that zeros are confirmed, now I can chill out a bit :D

---------- Post added at 00:33 ---------- Previous post was at 23:02 ----------

Okay left to do:

- Get the next version beta tested (want some good feedback on the ACOG really as well as the iron sights)

- Inventory pics, tomorrow as it's getting late.

The BiPod/Foregrip combo would be good lookin'.

http://marinesmagazine.dodlive.mil/files/2012/05/scuttlebutt.jpg

I've got a Harris bipod in the optional bipod pack (if you use TMR but you can use it as a single mod as well) that is deployed, which looks appropriate with the IAR and has an integrated PEQ-15 as well that works. I've had little requests for the Harris on the weapon itself, and realistically I "use" a bipod with TMR when I shoot, but its a 3D model, so that's why it hasn't been added to the weapon itself. As for the Gripod I have done one for 16AA on their weapons but I haven't taken the time to decode the TMR ability to show the system deployed/retracted) and so on. So for now I leave it off the actual weapon itself.

Wouldn't hurt to tweak those rvmats a bit. Nice job so far bud

Thanks but yeah one of these days I'll actually use a lot of rvmats. It seems that some modders and BIS throw on too much shine, like you just cleaned it with CLP and took it out for shooting, but one thing at a time.

For Winters12:

wip389.jpg

What I'll have to do is work on making it slightly paler to reflect Marine Corps issue color. And on the foregrip I may or may not do a correct version, but it's a foregrip so I'm really not that moved on doing a real version yet.

Edited by EricJ

Tried to apply an Rvmat to the IAR and not sure if it's working but somehow I think it is, and the effect I'm looking for:

wip390.jpg

Other than that WIP on a tan version of the ACOG:

wip392.jpg

Did more cleanup on the IAR RIS, reducing and spacing out the "teeth" much better so that's always a good thing too, and in effect had to request a desert texture for the Desert (with thanks to Spaceman0372) for the desert versions:

wip392.jpg

Also the Magpul magazine is WIP, though I know it's a bit too tan, but then again I kinda like it, though I'll have to use the UBR color to get the right effect though.

---------- Post added at 00:51 ---------- Previous post was at 00:37 ----------

Nevermind....

wip393.jpg

BTW another plug, if you haven't watched Korengal... you should.

Looking good chief, mag is just a hair too big in proportion to the mag well, but looking solid

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Anyone else getting CTD's?

How are you getting a CTD?

Looking good chief, mag is just a hair too big in proportion to the mag well, but looking solid[/quote

Good catch, thanks as I thinned it a bit :D

Maybe there's a conflict with another mod. I deleted the optional TMR PBO's, but received that ejection error when placing the ammobox in the editor. Outfit Gear loads way too many variants since it reads the whole shebang, and VAS lacks an addon version. Bummer :/

Well it probably is a conflict as I dropped an ammobox without the bipods and loaded fine. So maybe looking at your .rpt because I haven't touched the ammobox in a long time.

Also quashed some errors (thanks to gatordev) and I think after his feedback I'll probably release it after his comments and opinions.

Also... speaking of PMAGs, the ones on the IARs do disappear so if you need to check on your guys supervisors, TLs, or SLs (game-wise for clans, etc.) if you don't see ammo in the window, then he or she is at 16 rounds or less. I keep on forgetting to mention this (if you really haven't noticed) but finally but it's been there for a while, but when you drop it on the ground it shows full, and when you use the Safety, the bullets disappear but reappear (noticed this while trying to get the selector switch to work). But that's a game engine issue, so when you pick up the weapon it'll show the correct status or dropped mag, etc.