Hey eric, I have a texture for a 416 RIS if you'd like to use it. That way the rail isn't just a blurred shade of black.

PM it to me, as the whole RIS is just a kitbash from A2 parts as well as personal build. Admittedly it's a bit stretched but yeah, I'll check it out.

- Added correct stocks to the the Black IARs, HK416s, and HK417s, and updated inventory images. 600m KAC sights if you have missed it, on the way from gatordev, so next week I'll be working on them.

Sorry for the delay. Work kind of got in the way. I'll try and get some snaps this weekend.

No big deal not trying to rush you man, but I know I can get online but I like it when real pictures are taken as you can see all the details rather than "photo op" images, so yeah man you're good.

---------- Post added at 17:51 ---------- Previous post was at 17:17 ----------

wip365.jpg

wip364.jpg

Some more ACOG work. I gotta batten down and do the LaRue mount but I took the mesh from the M68 and after a bit of TLC it works as it should. Also darkened the texture because sometimes it's hit or miss with some BI textures, but it is what it is and looks sexier. I killed the blueness in the First Person and have to knock out the third person obviously but she's coming along.

wip366.jpg

wip367.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip368.jpg

Got rid of the original mount and working on the LaRue mount, got some of it textured and get it textured tonight. The bottom image is what the current view is... I may buckle down and redo the tube as it's a bit rough still (again working with a BIS model so it'll be a bit rough at the start).

No big deal not trying to rush you man, but I know I can get online but I like it when real pictures are taken as you can see all the details rather than "photo op" images, so yeah man you're good.

What exactly do you need shots of? Currently, it lives underneath an ACOG TA-01 NSN, so I'll snap a few shots in that config, but do you need it extended? Front, back, side? Mine came on the rifle, so it's not marked with the USMC engraving, but those are out there, as well.

I'm not sure (again any Marines currently serving?) but ALL angles, and mainly extended because that's how it's setup in Object Builder, extended, I just add the points and it works as such, but yes ALL angles please, and if the sights come engraved with the Marine logo on it goes.

Yes it did :) I still tweaked it a bit and right now it's much better now, I had to do each of the pieces. Matter of fact that was a real good excuse to redo the RIS model as I found a couple missing pieces and yeah, it's much cleaner now than it was before.

---------- Post added at 23:29 ---------- Previous post was at 23:03 ----------

Basic 2D scope setup, the RMR is not 2D but the main optic is:

wip371.jpg

---------- Post added at 00:48 ---------- Previous post was at 23:29 ----------

Took the 2D scope on the range above and one I have on Altis I'm getting "wonky" effects with the scope at +500m. So what it means that BIS and Spartan's ammo for a 500m target needs to be near the "4" mark right now rather than at the "5" dash (which is between the 4 and the 6 on the BDC ladder for those not familiar with the ACOG). In a sense it's not bad, but weird, so I'll have to tweak the 2D as best as I can to get it right. However with the 2D and the 3D I can still hit a ~1000m target with a few shots so not sure what is up, maybe just texture differences but you got me.

Also the 2D scope at 400m less is right on target, so you can put the 400m mark on a 400m target and hit it. Weird only in the fact that below 400m its right on target but at 500m it's different as well it's good that it's on target at least :)

Edited by EricJ

Giving some more TLC to the furniture. As mentioned before the model is a kit bash of an A2 M4 so there were some discrepancies along the way, such as the RIS system which thankfully is a lot cleaner now with help from Spaceman0372's texture and the need to fix the model anyway. Another improvement on a slowish Saturday is the handgrip, found a good side profile of the IAR and able to adjust and replace the grip. It should be noted that the below image was adjusted and when I looked at it in Virtual Arsenal it was feeling like the real weapon so that's always good:

wip372.jpg

And managed to get some good pics from gatordev of the KAC BUIS, but the issue is which folding flip sight is used? This one: http://www.knightarmco.com/portfolio/front-flip-sight/?cate_cm=military&term=sights-military&features=front-flip-sight or this one?: http://www.knightarmco.com/portfolio/micro-front-flip-sight/?cate_cm=military&term=sights-military&features=micro-front-flip-sight

Edited by EricJ

No unfortunately not. Once I do I'll post a status and so on. Besides realistically a C-Mag version doesn't exist, as correct me if I'm wrong Marines, they're issued 22 30-round magazines as a basic load so yeah, I could be an asshole and remove the C-Mag versions but a lot of people like that of course and it would be a bad idea. So right now it's just dealing with the hand of cards I have at the moment.

wip373.jpg

Thanks to gatordev here's the eek of what's a start of the rear BUIS. I surmise it's up to me on the front flip sight (which reminds me of the slug things in Falling Skies, weird...) but I think I have a good feel on which one it is so I'll go with it.

Since the RC37 Release the M68CCO seems broken. When Aiming there is a white texture on the whole optic. Or did i forget something?

No I forgot to change the texture on the scope as I was reducing texture usage/dependencies. Matter of fact I caught that error in my personal weapons pack and didn't click in my brain to check the U100 version (which is the same). Will be fixed next update, thanks for catching that and my bad.

Matter of fact I'll reupload the pack, just give me time to upload it. It won't feature anything new just unfucking the M68 texture.

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vmlhvjls1bvb801/%40U100RC37_5.7z?dl=0

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

RC37.5

- Fixed missing texture on M68

- Various model tweaks.

Edited by EricJ

Yep no problem :)

XM SW weapon in arma 3 that can use different mag 100 round and 30 but it only shows the 30 round mag what a bummer

Yep I've noticed that for months. Problem is that the C-Mag and 30-rounder are pretty obvious so switching them isn't totally legit in some admin's eyes. But I may keep but pull the C-Mag versions, don't know yet but I got more than enough stuff to keep me busy, so it's on the backburner for the moment.

Anyway, some more BUIS work:

wip374.jpg

Once I get it on an M27 I'll readjust it, some things while its still big I'll add and so on.

I'm thinking that maybe Mapfact got away with it since the weapon didn't have the same functionality as A3 weapons do, so when you switched models via script it didn't cause issues. An attempt was made but no good results (massive texture glitches, CTDs) so maybe BIS wil figure out a way to get it working but again, it is what it is and when more reliable means come by to make it switch mags and show the switch, I will implement it.

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

And integrated (still needs work tho) on the M27 (at least the rear sight, the front Magpul had to be adjusted for the KAC rear). Still needs to be resized but overall was simple and zero is confirmed and after gatordev gets me front sight pics I'll work on that:

wip375.jpg

wip376.jpg

Ugh... did some low level fast flying in a Ghost Hawk to take a break from this, current WIP still, just just hitting it yet in my mind but using some BIS textures at the start to get something on the model. Overall i need to move some things and resize a bit as well.

Shown is first person and optic view. I may move the eye more forward but you can still hit stuff:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip377.jpg

wip378.jpg

wip379.jpg

While I'm waiting for gatordev's photos I cleaned off the front sights, and will of course throw the KAC one on when I get to it, but I shortened the ACOG a bit as it seemed longish, and feels about right now (along with the 2D version). Right now the plan is still the black ones get dressed up like the real thing while the Desert ones keep the Magpul gear on it.

Was on the RMCC server earlier before I or the server crashed (nice server by the way, fairly stable before the crash happened)... and tried the irons (well the iron) sight in a CQB role.... and no it doesn't work, but the KAC sights are so far adjustable from 300 to 600m in 100m adjustments. Looking at the pics from gatordev it shows a "2" so I'll bring the adjustment down to that. Re-adjusted the width quite a bit to match the photos. Digging around my old models from VBS1 I found a KAC front and rear sight but going to use the newer gatordev pictures instead to bring it up to par at least at the minimum looking better:

wip380.jpg

Also did some combat testing of the ACOG-RMR combo and after some adjustments to myself it works to me good, as I need more practice with it honestly, as RH's ACOG was still superb so I still need to do a proper inventory pic of it.

Looks nice, how small does that hole look while in game? Because we all know how arma engine handles those little sights :(

Edit: lol I couldve scrolled up 2 inches and saw that pic :) Does look a little small tho