Okay the AK Resize Initiative was a no go so I just left it alone, it's been a long time since I played with an AK (I'd say ten years really :) ) but just decided it was Good Enough and moved on.

Got a little bored and scooped out the magazine well on the IARs and HK416, and tomorrow I'll do the 417s as well, just a little more detail work here and there.

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip348.jpg

Hey EricJ, are you planning to put a western/tactical buttstock on the TacAK too (magpul, etc)? Right now, the tacticalAk with wodden stock is kinda... paradoxxal? ;) :cool:

cheers!

I thought about it and will probably not fit the UBR stock on it (I have it on enough weapons as it is...) but open to suggestions, may go with a Magpul stock anyway, I got a good side reference off the M110C (which no, I'm not planning on doing).

:D I agree, I just need to work on it tommorrow, been doing some upgrades and tweaks to the IARs for this and other peoples packs, so it'll trickle down (well it has) to this weapons pack.

wip349.jpg

Also armyinf asked me to help him with the M32 (Incomplete) by Slatts, so the model and other stuff is his work, but here's my version of it:

Original Topic:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173778-Incomplete-M32-source-files/page2&highlight=m32

Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ikdt7yrfk08mw9t/M32.7z?dl=0

If you can upload it with credits Foxhound I would appreciate it, it's for 1.24 but obviously works in 1.26 and classnames (no readme, a bit lazy right now):

Weapon classname:

M32_EP1

Magazines:

- 6Rnd_HE_M32 (6-round HE magazine)

- 6Rnd_FlareWhite_M32 (6-round White Flare magazine)

- 6Rnd_FlareGreen_M32 (6-round Green Flare magazine)

- 6Rnd_FlareRed_M32 (6-round Red Flare magazine)

- 6Rnd_FlareYellow_M32 (6-round Yellow Flare magazine)

- 6Rnd_FlareCIR_M32 (6-round IR Flare magazine)

- 6Rnd_Smoke_M32 (6-round Smoke magazine)

- 6Rnd_SmokeRed_M32 (6-round Red Smoke magazine)

- 6Rnd_SmokeGreen_M32 (6-round Green Smoke magazine)

- 6Rnd_SmokeYellow_M32 (6-round Yellow Smoke magazine)

- 6Rnd_SmokePurple_M32 (6-round Purple Smoke magazine)

- 6Rnd_SmokeOrange_M32 (6-round Orange Smoke magazine)

Edited by EricJ

Good morning,

would it be alright if we add it also to PwS ?

best regards

Sonsalt

Yeah my bad, first thought goes to Armaholic... my bad man, yes please do!

Thanks! :)

New mod v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@erikj_m32.png

@ Slatts and EricJ;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Hi Eric,

after a short test with the M32 i saw that you used the wrong ammo for the Smoke and Flare mags so they dont fire.

It schoud be F_40mm_White and G_40mm_Smoke

Greeting FiedelC

I've been working on it for about an hour and a half and for some reason it "recognizes" the HE grenade magazine fine, but not the smoke or Flares. For right now if you're not firing HE you'll have to do it one by one until I post a working version that fires more than one shell. It may be ArmaLogic on this one but if I do get it working I'll upload it, as I need some lunch.

---------- Post added at 12:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 ----------

And they say walking away from things clears your mind:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/83okcup6gdyu6v5/M32RC2.7z?dl=0

- Also added the ability to fire the 3GL mags and added the MX weaponsway values to the config and a proper readme with changed classnames for the magazines.

---------- Post added at 14:37 ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 ----------

Also found an LMT Crane stock (by Jahve) to go on the AK. I've been wanting it to go on something,so here it is in Object Builder:

wip350.jpg

And as you can see I moved the bottom part of the handguard rail system up more so it wouldn't clip in the hand of the animation.

Edited by EricJ

Thanks!

But thanks for the recommendation for my pack though... personally I don't think there should be a certain dependency given LEA and VAS in my view, but it would be cool if he did though :)

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

And a "final" pass at the AK, I managed to make it more useful by giving it a vertical grip and using the SCAR anim instead, which makes it much better looking:

wip351.jpg

That LMT/Crane stock looks slick. I was going to say go with a CTR, but what you have works nice.

Looks like you went with a NT4 instead of a Surefire suppressor. I'm not complaining, just sayin'.

It's what the Virtual Arsenal slaps on there by default seemingly, so I just went with it. The "most" I did was pull the muzzle out so it can "thread" a suppressor on. The only closest "real world" reference was a The Unit episode when they had suppressed AKs, so I'm not going to go too in-depth with it. It's a game not real life so I'll just keep it that way. I pondered an AK-74 style muzzle brake, which may be better for it to keep it slightly Russian though.

Keep up the great work Eric! Can't wait to see what you deliver next.

Thanks!

Scooped out the 417 magazine well area a bit, and opened up the inside of the lower receiver, though it still needs to be textured, until BIS fixes Object Builder.

wip352.jpg

wip353.jpg

Any plans on making a texture for the Barret M468? I just find it to be a neat little carbine. The joint rails work, ammo seams to work fine and the sounds are all there. All it needs is a fresh lick of virtual paint :P. Unless it is meant to be winter camo. Not telling you what to do, just saw it with the others and was wondering whats up with it.

we're waiting for an actual texture artist to make a proper texture for it. do you know one?

we're waiting for an actual texture artist to make a proper texture for it. do you know one?

I do a little retexing myself. Not the best at it by any means but if someone has a teamspeak or mumble that could take the time to help me get all set up again, I could give it a shot.

Well first you're going to have to download the Arma 3 Tools from Steam as you'll need Object Builder to manipulate the 3D object and also maybe TexView 2, which I use from the old 2.5 version of the BI Tools (which can be found somehwhere which I don't remember, sorry), and if you click the linky below for modding you can download other resources as well.

Personally I could use the M4 texture but I'm just not in the mood to touch it, though parts from it find their way on my other models.

Hey EricJ, I recall that months ago you´ve posted a screenshot of the HK417 (i think) with a Trijicon SRS which BIS left untouched inside the A3 data catacombs... would you kindly add that to your weapon pack or does it has some config issues that prevent such benevolent action ;)

BTW, yeah, use the M4 texture on the M468 but don´t let it rot untexturized pleeeeeeeeeeeeaseee =D

cheers!

I've been pondering that for a bit, but right now I'm doing a weapons pack for 7-75 so it's going to be delayed a bit, as that's more of a priority right nowish. Besides I've spent four or five hours cleaning up my OFP-VBS1-Arma and the A2 Sample Models, as well as A3 stuff so yeah I'll probably get around to it but the M468 is a low priority right now. But I'll probably do it, just no ETA when.

You haven´t mentioned, but I assume the "BIS forgotten" Trijicon SRS is also planned, as texturizing the M468, but they´re both low priority now, rite?

cheers!