Sorry if this has been asked but I don't want to look through 97 pages. What does the RH config do?

Thanks all... and probably eventually....

The RH config simply allows you to use the RH M4/M16 magazines with the 5.56 weapons (SCAR-L and others in the pack)

Apart from the L85 UGL and the potential L129, would an XM8 family be feasible? One of my all-time favs and considering that BI allows cancelled gear (Commanche, example), it fits in the A3 world perfectly. Plus it'd just be plain badass to run around with what is arguably the most reliable weapon ever made

Also, the full (correct) family comes with A2 and RIS versions in PMC

Edited by Blueteamguy

I debated that and unfortunately eventually.... J-SERE has kept me busy so a few weeks maybe I'll get back into it, but taking a break.

arguably the most reliable weapon ever made

Also, the full (correct) family comes with A2 and RIS versions in PMC

IS that true? More reliable than even an AK?

Autumn 2007 dust-off test. 60,000 total rounds fired by each weapon type, about ten of each gun used. 100% standard issue aluminum STANAG 4179 30 round Mags used firing standard-issue M855 5.56x45mm ammo. Guns fired were in storage for about two-three years each with no cleaning attempted prior to shooting. They also fired plenty of ammo the preceding summer, for good measure

XM8 Carbine: 127 stoppages

Mk16 Carbine: 226

HK416 16": 233

M4 MWS: 882

Trying to find the source, but the internet hates me. I can assure you that those numbers are direct from US Army

Might I remind you that was the relatively crap STANAG 4179 mags the XM8 fired out of, not the fancy G36 mags it is usually seen with. When you correct for the magazine defects, the discrepancy is a bit less, but the XM8 is still the very, very clear winner, and the number of stoppages goes down

I'd say that's more reliable than an AK, but no similar test has been performed to my knowledge. I am pretty sure none of the guns were cleaned before they were put into storage. If that isn't proof that the XM8 is the superior 5.56mm weapon, PERIOD, I dunno what is. Probably the most retarded infantry equipment decision the DoD ever made cancelling it

And take as long a break as you need Eric. We are patient little bears

228876_214262148626119_6837875_n.jpg

Edited by Blueteamguy

Apart from the L85 UGL and the potential L129, would an XM8 family be feasible? One of my all-time favs and considering that BI allows cancelled gear (Commanche, example), it fits in the A3 world perfectly. Plus it'd just be plain badass to run around with what is arguably the most reliable weapon ever made
Mind you, I'd note that by default the reliability difference is irrelevant in Arma where by default there's no such thing as a failure-to-feed, much less a failure-to-fire... but if EricJ is willing to do the XM8 family I'd be happy to see it.

Erm... I may or may not....

But Chortles is right, it doesn't matter how reliable/unreliable a weapon is in real life, they're all reliable in games...

Cool :)

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/41m2arluxrg29ql/%40U100RC25.7z

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

RC25

- Added L85A2 RIS

- Added L85 sound courtesy of LordJarhead, http://jsrs-studios.com/

- Added Barret Suppressor

- Now has "Optional No Bipod Config" for those who do not use the TMR enabled bipod PBO and removes the "no config.bin entry" error, or should.

- TMR weapon resting has been included as a mod for the U100_TMR_Bipods.pbo. It should be noted that the addon is listed in the Configure/Expansions portion of the main menu.

is it me or does the barret suppressor not work on the weapon?

i can attach it to the weapon

Okay... it works or it doesn't?

As for TMR compatibility, it has the files included from TMR to ease the problem of people not wanting it or reducing the need to have TMR but for people who want the capability. As long as you are using any optional (or the original config) that supports the bipods you can use the U100_TMR_bipods.pbo and it will have the resting function on there.

Ow sorry it does not work

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One X+ met Tapatalk

Neurgh XM8, it is really just a G36...

Optional files goes into Arma3/addons or U100/addons folder, i'm confused?.

They go into the U100/addons folder if you are running it as a separate folder.

Will check it out RatNL, which config are you using?

With TMR if that is what you ment

Gr,

Rat.NL

Ahh gotcha, figured what the issue was, I didn't transfer the config entries to all configs, fixed:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5zoh1052oco0oo/%40U100RC26.7z

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

- Fixed configs so Barret M107 can accept the suppressor regardless of config

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

EricJ Weapons Pack RC26

required_addons.png

ASDG Joint Rails

TMR Modular Realism - Alternate (If you wish to use TMR Autorest)

Recommended:

- R3F French Weapons Pack

- JSRS2.1 (only if you are using the optional lkr_u100_sound.pbo)

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

is it correct that the supressor for the barret has no textures?

Gr,

Rat.NL

Edited by RatNL

does the new patch still have the M468? if yes, does it still shoot 5.56?

Yes and no, I still have to check the topic on the modded ballistics for the 6.8SPC.