Thanks!

One thing that was bugging me was the size of the M110. I still need to tweak it a little bit but...

wip143.jpg

wip144.jpg

wip145.jpg

If I may say, I do think it looks too small as it is in that image. As far as I know, one of the better reference points would be how the hand grips it. It would probably be best if the pistol grip was nicely nestled into the hand.

True but I think the model itself isn't that great to begin with but I'll mess with it and see what I can do.

Hey ericj, after playing around with the Ultimaxs' ingame, perhaps the fire rate could be increased. Maybe increase it to about 470-500 rpm? By the way, Freaking love the SCARS. Now I can finally make my marsoc unit true to life =)

Seem M110 is a little small…huh…maybe you just do what 13isLucky said will be fine enough to get everything in a suitable size……I think……

---------- Post added at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:52 ----------

Hey ericj, after playing around with the Ultimaxs' ingame, perhaps the fire rate could be increased. Maybe increase it to about 470-500 rpm? By the way, Freaking love the SCARS. Now I can finally make my marsoc unit true to life =)

I don't know what the exact fire rate of Ultimaxs in real world,but I think the fire rate of Ultimaxs is just fine,for yesterday I have two AR riflemen(all real players) in my squard,one is equiped with a Ultimax and another one with a MX LSW.They just performanced as different parts in the squard,the one with Ultimax fired slow but more accurate and made more kills in long range combats,and the one with a MX LSW fired more often but most of his targets is in a close range and he really protected us from being fucked up by the enemies flanked us.

I think maybe the fire rate a little low is not a bad thing,it just make us more prefer to use Ultimax in a long range and make the teammates with other weapons more active in a right range of their weapons.

Edited by JinougaF

Not necessarily, just that the picture i showed has a smaller, lower powered scope attached to it so it doesn't make the rifle look as small.

I cant tell the exact RPM, but all I know its about 400-600 RPM depending on the gas regulator setting. It usually set on regulator profile 2. Which makes the rpm about 500 plus minus. Just knowledge from experience handling the firearm as I was in the Singapore armed forces and a current reservist personnel. I just thought 400 was enough but it seems too slow at the moment. I cant tell the actual RPM while handling the weapon itself so its down to my estimation.

Cool stuff... so the RPM is good then?

Re-adjusted the M110 and I think it's good enough:

wip146.jpg

And the beginnings of the LSW SCAR:

wip147.jpg

Perhaps you can increase it to maybe 500 rpm? Id gladly test it out before you release the patched version =)

Suggestion add Tracers for SCARS and maybe its only me but the French weapon pack scopes will not go on my gun.

If R3F isn't setup for ASDG then they will never work. I had to settle for ASDG since I was getting tired of adding all the classnames for all the attachments. Still down the road I felt I made the best decision and it's up to R3F to do the work for making that happen.

And thanks for mentioning the tracers, added.

Edited by EricJ

No problem

---------- Post added at 22:03 ---------- Previous post was at 20:49 ----------

Not a SCAR but its going to progress that way.

The LSW looks great,and it's use the same drum with Ultimax,right?

Of course.

---------- Post added at 00:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

Okay things done while they're still on the mind for the next update:

-Rescaled M110

-Added M38A1 Breaching Charge. Tests have shown them that they work well against the MBG Killhouse walls, not buildings. It could be damage modeling as the charge is contained can blast a hole in a wall with ease. It works just like a satchel charge only that it won't blow you up (but it will if you stand on top of it) even when you're halfway across the map.

- Added the "SCAR 6.5mmCL" version, a "modern" 2035 version of the weapon.

- "SCAR LSW"

- Bipod with mounted flashlights now working with all of the SCAR versions. I'm trying to get the LODs right so it will prevent the barrel from sinking into the ground, though I think that needs to be done with the weapons too.

-Tracer mags now useable (BIS ones) with the 5.56mm SCARs.

Edited by EricJ

I like the idea of the Breaching Charge,let me try it,mate!:yay:

It'll be in the next update...

Update:

- bipods now work with TMR_Autorest. Optic is actually a BIS Trijicon SRS so I don't take any responsibility for how weird it looks (and I found the optic sans config entry inside one of the PBOs for A3):

Update on the bipod work... it seems that the coding just doesn't like IR lasers, or I'm simply not doing something right. Unfortunately the game engine "sees" the IR laser as a flashlight... so for some reason when I add an A2 ported laser, it generates a point where the light emanates from. So this means that the visible light projects as well as the laser for right now. I'm trying to see how Alwarren did it with his own laser but for now.... no IR laser/bipod combo.

---------- Post added at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

Nevermind... works now and no flashlight effect:

wip148.jpg

Hey Eric,

Do you post your own updates to Play With Six? We added your mod to our group using the network for the updates but noticed it hadn't been updated since Jan 5th. No big deal but having played with the newer sounds of the newer versions, it's hard to use the version six is using since it's using the vanilla sounds still.

Actually my last update was the 6th... and no I don't do Play With Six, nor have considered it actually.

And I thought that wouldn't be an issue, as the Ultimaxes so far use vanilla sounds.

---------- Post added at 18:27 ---------- Previous post was at 17:49 ----------

Finished so far:

- icons for the Ultimax 100 Mk 3 w/30 round magazine

- Icons for the SCAR LSW

- Icons for the SCAR 6.5mmCL

And the Ultimax 100 with 30-round magazine:

wip149.jpg

wip150.jpg

If I may, the 30 round mag shouldnt have a gap from the back of the mag to the trigger guard. And the 100 round mag shouldnt as well, the 100 round mag looks as though its tilted forward is actually because of the conical design of the mag. My mistake for not confirming it! Photos I emailed you is way it should be =) And its looking awesome mate! Thanks for taking in my suggestion on the 30 round mag too! The SAF now hardly uses the 100 round mag. It usually depends on the Op. Making it open bolt would increase immersion as well!

I'll tweak the mags a bit but I really don't think the open/closed bolt can be done, nor is it an option to have. I can only do so much with the game engine and specs.

And no problem on the 100-rounder as the earlier drum mags were angled. I'll just readjust it for the newer photos.

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

Magazines WIP

wip151.jpg

wip152.jpg

wip153.jpg

Edited by EricJ