Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

Import Arma 2 animations into Arma 3

Hi guys.

When I used All-In-Arma and played an Arma 2 mission in Arma 3, I noticed that the A2 anims were working normally with the Arma 3 models (at least the anims I had in that mission - talking anims and so on).

Then I tried to run the anims with AiA deactivated, which unfortunately resulted in nothing, which from my understanding means that these anims simply are not contained in A3.

So my question is:

Is it possible to extract A2 animations and import them to A3 - e.g. in the form of an addon or so?

Thanks!

Sorry for digging out that old one but I was asking my self the same question and this is the only thread on this topicc google comes up with.

So far I tried putting the ArmA II anims.pbo into my ArmA III AddOns folder which generally seems to work.

The main problem is that the player movement gets stuck. So my guess would be to take out that relevant lines inside the sdr config of the ArmA II anims.pbo.

Maybe someone could get this done...

Interested as well, I would love to have some of A2's anims for cutscenes etc. Arma 3's anims are mostly focused around talking and briefings and stuff - which is good -, but Arma 2 had some cool storming / action animations!

To make an isolated is complex and quite some work. Based on AiA configs and data, it is feasible but still considerable effort.

I'd think it's not that considerable by just cutting the player relevant move config lines which cause the movement to get stuck than sorting all animations out and rewrite a whole new config :)