Sign in to follow this  
Llano

My simple Vehicle Radio [WIP]

So, yeah. I decided it's time to learn to use dialog control in Arma 3, so i have started working on a very simple vehicle radio. Maybe you guys would like to give me some tips or ideas :)

http://i.imgur.com/ISUbfM0.jpg (177 kB)

Also big thanks to Iceman77's dialog tutorial :)

Could it be mapped to a certain key rather then using age old action menu

(god know I hate him (action menu), as dsylexi explained pretty well)

Thanks for release!

Nice ... have you considered writing a DLL to link external radio to arma3 ... now THAT would be cool!

Could it be mapped to a certain key rather then using age old action menu

(god know I hate him (action menu), as dsylexi explained pretty well)

Thanks for release!

Yeah, i was thinking of that. I'll se what i can do :)

Nice ... have you considered writing a DLL to link external radio to arma3 ... now THAT would be cool!

Actually no. You mean that it would stream live radio to the game? Not sure if that's possible :)

Also, i'm using say3d to play the music, which complicates some things.

Thanks guys!

This would be awesome in games, it`s boring when you are in convoy (coop or pvp missions) and there is no topick to talk. Is it possible to make hear music outside vehicle when it`s enough loud? (sorry for my english)

How does this handle multiplayer games? who hears the sound? If all people in the car hear it it would be funny! :)

Yeah, i was thinking of that. I'll se what i can do :)

Actually no. You mean that it would stream live radio to the game? Not sure if that's possible :)

Also, i'm using say3d to play the music, which complicates some things.

Thanks guys!

Is it a script or an addon. If it's an addon you could potentially have live radio. There are a few websites that send out the data for live radio stations all over the world.

This would be awesome in games, it`s boring when you are in convoy (coop or pvp missions) and there is no topick to talk. Is it possible to make hear music outside vehicle when it`s enough loud? (sorry for my english)

Yeah, i agree! Yes, it is possible to hear the music outside vehicle :)

How does this handle multiplayer games? who hears the sound? If all people in the car hear it it would be funny! :)

Right now it's only local, but i am currently trying make it global.

Is it a script or an addon. If it's an addon you could potentially have live radio. There are a few websites that send out the data for live radio stations all over the world.

It's a script. How would i retrieve these live radio? With a extension?

Yeah, i agree! Yes, it is possible to hear the music outside vehicle :)

Right now it's only local, but i am currently trying make it global.

It's a script. How would i retrieve these live radio? With a extension?

Yea, it would have to be an addon for live radio. But you could do a script version and an addon version.

Are there any issues with music copyright?

How does it handles the music.. are the tracks stored in a specific client-file or on the server..?! And would it be possible to let the server say run a mix (1h20m) and give the radio the ability to "tune" into that mix on say ch7 so everybody hears the same stuff (tracks in sync on say pawneeA and Ghosthawk-B, both active radio on ch7) That would be such a nice addition! :D

I know a bunch of guys (especially the C-17 crew) would connect MP3 players etc via a simple cable to play the audio, so you might want to change your big thing into a smaller MP3 that can be hosted off center of screen. Like the little bird has a Ipod in it(not my personal fav but whatever).

are the any news ?

It goes against forum rules to ask for updates. But your new so you'll probably learn your lesson once a mod sees this and gives you a warning. But yes, I think it would be cool to see some progress from this mod considering how much I would actually use it. But seeing as the last post was from December I think this mod is pretty much dead and non-recoverable sadly.

-BlackViper