Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

ArmA 2 C-130J and MV-22 Redux

The integrated m134's in the windows and ramp would be supremely awesome for the mv22!

Will you be able to fold the MV-22 rotors? And will there be different camos or just the gray? Lastly, if you haven't already, can you add lights on the rotors on the MV-22?MV-22%20in%20Iraq.jpg

Will you be able to fold the MV-22 rotors? And will there be different camos or just the gray? Lastly, if you haven't already, can you add lights on the rotors on the MV-22?https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/rbi-blogs/wp-content/uploads/mt/flightglobalweb/blogs/graham-warwick/MV-22%20in%20Iraq.jpg

I see here that you are fairly new to the forums, and Welcome. If you were to look through the past 36 pages of posts you would have found that all of these questions have been asked and answered. Since the search function for biforums isn't that easy to use Ill just tell you the answers.

Yes, Sakura plans to add foldable rotors, it will have several variants/livery, and the rotor lights are most likely going to be a feature, but probably not in his first release.

-Black Viper

Sorry to bother you but I have another question about the transparency thing, would the falloff created by brushes cause issues with this and thus need to be turned pure white in order for shadows to work?

I was going to ask this via PM but your inbox is full.

I see here that you are fairly new to the forums, and Welcome. If you were to look through the past 36 pages of posts you would have found that all of these questions have been asked and answered. Since the search function for biforums isn't that easy to use Ill just tell you the answers.

Yes, Sakura plans to add foldable rotors, it will have several variants/livery, and the rotor lights are most likely going to be a feature, but probably not in his first release.

-Black Viper

Sorry for asking. I didn't see them on the first post which, at least on most mod threads I have seen, usually are constantly updated showing features. I didn't really feel like reading through 36 pages of posts to see if someone asked already, and, like you said, the search sucks. I tried to use it before, but it would search for threads, not phrases in the thread I was currently viewing. Maybe I am just incredibly stupid in not knowing how to search a thread. If that is the case, please enlighten me.

One trick is to go "Thread tools" -> "Show printable version" -> "Show 100 post(s) from this thread on one page" and then use your browsers search function on the text.

Sorry for OT...

Sorry for asking. I didn't see them on the first post which, at least on most mod threads I have seen, usually are constantly updated showing features. I didn't really feel like reading through 36 pages of posts to see if someone asked already, and, like you said, the search sucks. I tried to use it before, but it would search for threads, not phrases in the thread I was currently viewing. Maybe I am just incredibly stupid in not knowing how to search a thread. If that is the case, please enlighten me.

Did you even read what I said? I didn't mean to be demeaning in any way, as I said, I know the search function is not easy to use. So I gave you the answers. No need to repeat what I already said.

Did you even read what I said? I didn't mean to be demeaning in any way, as I said, I know the search function is not easy to use. So I gave you the answers. No need to repeat what I already said.

I did read what you said, and it came across as demeaning. If you were not trying to be, then fine, that's done.

Thank you for giving me the answers.

Ohh men..whenever i see there is reply on this thread and it is marked as unread i need to go back to top of the page to check is it Discussion or Complete section hahah.. i can`t wait for this anymore..

But shure it will be awesome when it is released..

Sakura there wasnt much news on the C130 still working on it or?

I just simply can't bear the stock MV-22 any more... teased by your video i gave the "Hotshot-port" another try, since its our only choice if we want to fly the osprey... but its so sluggish that i just cant stand flying it anymore!! So back to the subject.. while watching your video and philosphing about flight-models and particularly about control-options of aforementioned flight-model..

'cause lets be honest if one is a sophisticated pilot in arma, one normally has a set of control-periphery wich does help raise the level of control a great deal (im talking bout whatever choice one makes.. hasnt got to be trackIR, played longtime with sixxaxiss and that pretty well, and i also know a few guys wich do a great job just with mouse n keyboard and some hard practice.)

So im not looking to start a flame-war about "what" one uses... just the possibilitys "if" one maybe has an extra set of "usefull" controls at hand.

As for myself i quite like my joystick a lot. It gives me nice analog-throttle control, wich in my case is splitable to make it into two seperate analog-controls (http://web225.extendcp.co.uk/fiercepc.co.uk/ebay/hosted/cyborg-fly5_3.jpg). And since i am a big fan of the osprey and i watched a lot of documentarys about it.. i know that the MV-22 pilots in real life do have "DIRECT" control of the nacelle-tilt-angle via a small scroll-wheel on theyre flightsticks. And since my controls are set up nicely so that i could use my 2 seperate analoge-controls to do the same in game.. eg. one for throttle and one for the direct control over the nacelle-tilt-angle..as i would really love see where to our pilotskillz develope/adapt if we got your great, more sophisticated flight-model and the right sophisticated controls of it.

So would it be possible to make the nacelle-tilt-angle controlable with an direct-analog-control... maybe through one of the "custom-controls-mapping" like they do in real-life..?! How are you using the "Autohover" function on yours.. is it necessary?! and if so maybe there is a possibility to make them both work together.. maybe tell game-engine to just disregard the control-input from direct while in "autohover" or something like this.. I'd really love to get some insight into this cause im a biiiig fan of the osprey and would love to finally get treated to the almost perfect thing, as of the looks of it yours could be the one! :D

A interested and concerned pilot.. ;b

I just simply can't bear the stock MV-22 any more... teased by your video i gave the "Hotshot-port" another try, since its our only choice if we want to fly the osprey... but its so sluggish that i just cant stand flying it anymore!! So back to the subject.. while watching your video and philosphing about flight-models and particularly about control-options of aforementioned flight-model..

'cause lets be honest if one is a sophisticated pilot in arma, one normally has a set of control-periphery wich does help raise the level of control a great deal (im talking bout whatever choice one makes.. hasnt got to be trackIR, played longtime with sixxaxiss and that pretty well, and i also know a few guys wich do a great job just with mouse n keyboard and some hard practice.)

So im not looking to start a flame-war about "what" one uses... just the possibilitys "if" one maybe has an extra set of "usefull" controls at hand.

As for myself i quite like my joystick a lot. It gives me nice analog-throttle control, wich in my case is splitable to make it into two seperate analog-controls (http://web225.extendcp.co.uk/fiercepc.co.uk/ebay/hosted/cyborg-fly5_3.jpg). And since i am a big fan of the osprey and i watched a lot of documentarys about it.. i know that the MV-22 pilots in real life do have "DIRECT" control of the nacelle-tilt-angle via a small scroll-wheel on theyre flightsticks. And since my controls are set up nicely so that i could use my 2 seperate analoge-controls to do the same in game.. eg. one for throttle and one for the direct control over the nacelle-tilt-angle..as i would really love see where to our pilotskillz develope/adapt if we got your great, more sophisticated flight-model and the right sophisticated controls of it.

So would it be possible to make the nacelle-tilt-angle controlable with an direct-analog-control... maybe through one of the "custom-controls-mapping" like they do in real-life..?! How are you using the "Autohover" function on yours.. is it necessary?! and if so maybe there is a possibility to make them both work together.. maybe tell game-engine to just disregard the control-input from direct while in "autohover" or something like this.. I'd really love to get some insight into this cause im a biiiig fan of the osprey and would love to finally get treated to the almost perfect thing, as of the looks of it yours could be the one! :D

BI's flight model does not allow for this (AFAIK) so something like this would have to be a scripted solution (and all the pitfalls that come with scripts).

If there is something possible here, I'd find it very interesting, but I'll be very happy just to have a well-done Osprey. Anything else is icing on the cake.

Honestly if this is possible I would be willing to pay for this mod! It would be awesome to implement but I just don't see it really being an option. IRL there is actually a rolling knob on the stick that allows the pilot to control the nacelle's direction. On my cyborg rat 7 (displayed below) it would be awesome to be able to use my side scroll wheel to be able to achieve the same function. Another thing is that the nacelle also has the ability to tilt slightly backward to basically provide reverse thrust to either taxi backwards, or to actually take off backwards. Anyways if it is able to be implemented great, but if it isn't then I guess I just have to live with it.

rat7_right.png

Edited by BlackViperGaming
i canttt speellllll

the animation is possible, but i dont think the force of the VTOL can be controlled like that. I havent done a VTOL or know anything that makes a airframe VTOL capable besides the config command.

It really is not possible, sorry to say. The osprey's flight controls are completely hardcoded. Even if you had the knowledge to make a completely new scripted flight model, you still couldn't do it thanks to new restrictions on A3's velocity/direction commands (compared to A2). It would be neat if BIS included a more complex tiltrotor in their upcoming helicopter DLC, as it would fit with the futuristic theme. As for controls, I use an Xbox360 controller and I love it because it has quicker controls than a joystick due to the shorter length of the joysticks. It also has more buttons than most joysticks and I use the right stick as my hat switch so I don't even use trackIR anymore. Another advantage is that it works for vehicles as well so you don't have to have a huge joystick in front of you just for one vehicle type.

Alright... sad to hear but ok. still wouldve been the icing... :D Thx for the reply. But im still looking forward to your release then.. cant wait to test her out as she is. ;b

It really is not possible, sorry to say. The osprey's flight controls are completely hardcoded. Even if you had the knowledge to make a completely new scripted flight model, you still couldn't do it thanks to new restrictions on A3's velocity/direction commands (compared to A2).

Any chance you have (or can point me to) details on those new restrictions? I'm wondering if this is related to issues I have seen with aircraft getting frozen mid-air when using certain commands (BIS_fnc_setpitchbank, setvectordirandup, etc...)

It really is not possible, sorry to say. The osprey's flight controls are completely hardcoded. Even if you had the knowledge to make a completely new scripted flight model, you still couldn't do it thanks to new restrictions on A3's velocity/direction commands (compared to A2). It would be neat if BIS included a more complex tiltrotor in their upcoming helicopter DLC, as it would fit with the futuristic theme. As for controls, I use an Xbox360 controller and I love it because it has quicker controls than a joystick due to the shorter length of the joysticks. It also has more buttons than most joysticks and I use the right stick as my hat switch so I don't even use trackIR anymore. Another advantage is that it works for vehicles as well so you don't have to have a huge joystick in front of you just for one vehicle type.

As they are going to implement rotorLib I think that there's going to be an option for this.

No dice...osprey uses airplane class which doesnt use rotorlib. As for the restrictions, in a3 if you change the vector of an object, it completely halts the objects movement. For example, there isnt a mando missile addon for a3 because all the code that controlled the movement of the missiles simply doesnt work anymore. I have done some fairly successful tests using setpos and attachto to create a similar system.

Saukra_chan does that mean that if they release rotorlib for arma 3, all of the helicopters using a base arma 3 class instantly inherit those rotorlib flying model properties?

Also as a general thing related to rotorlib are they adding the whole Take On Helicopters thing where you looked around to press buttons to turn on the engine and unlock the rotors and that type of thing? I assume if they wanted to they could at least make some of that auto-magically work with addon helis and the like through some system, I am not a ArmA modder but I assume there is

some type of standard point on the model that identifies that part as a rotor, or the base of the rotor or something so it can work with the in game code, so they could take that and just make the icon appear over that standard used point? And maybe the same with something like the part to turn on the engine on the dashboard? I don't really think arma 3 inspectorates that into its coding stuff but again I don't really know about this stuff.

Saukra_chan does that mean that if they release rotorlib for arma 3, all of the helicopters using a base arma 3 class instantly inherit those rotorlib flying model properties?

no, at least not for the one inheriting from the non physx classes

Also as a general thing related to rotorlib are they adding the whole Take On Helicopters thing where you looked around to press buttons to turn on the engine and unlock the rotors and that type of thing? I assume if they wanted to they could at least make some of that auto-magically work with addon helis and the like through some system,

nobody actually knows the extends of an implementation, but for cockpit interaction the creators would need to update their addons with the specific memory points.

I am not a ArmA modder but I assume there is some type of standard point on the model that identifies that part as a rotor, or the base of the rotor or something so it can work with the in game code, so they could take that and just make the icon appear over that standard used point? And maybe the same with something like the part to turn on the engine on the dashboard? I don't really think arma 3 inspectorates that into its coding stuff but again I don't really know about this stuff.

yes, more or less, but it needs manual fiddle (with both model and config). It is not an automated process, far from it.

Yeah I didn't exactly mean automated process. I meant more like somthing in game that detects the exsisting memory point for somthing like the base of the rotor (Idk if it exsists in a3 right now) and just uses that point to render the icon, I guess the rest is script to unlock rotor or whatever.

But in terms of you speaking about no,

at least not for the one inheriting from the non physx classes

do you mean that any heli using the regular classes (ie:addon heli uses ghosthawk flight phsyics by referncing its config as opposed to having its own for it) would inherit rotorlib automatically through that or it really is a case by case basis in which every heli has to have rotorlib "implemented" (configured manually or whatever) in its addon or such?

Thanks for the response

-MikeTim

PS: (Just realized that you said it needs a fiddle with model, so if this makes no sense I wrote it before I saw that word lol)

rotorlib will be a optional thing, in which will effect anything with the helicopter class, im pretty sure the post about it made that clear on the dev blog via Arma3.com

rotorlib will be a optional thing, in which will effect anything with the helicopter class, im pretty sure the post about it made that clear on the dev blog via Arma3.com

That's not what he's asking. He's asking if modders will have to significantly alter their addons to implement rotorlib or if the vehicles will inherit it from their parent classes.