Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

ArmA 2 C-130J and MV-22 Redux

One step ahead haha...the C-130J cant use JATO so its totally unrealistic. There ya go ;) Its still cool and i'll keep it on file incase someone makes an earlier c-130 model

That and the Blue Angles used up all of the existing JATO bottles in their 2009 show; None have been produced since the 1970's :D

Haha cool sakura chan! guys its 2035 maybe it's reactivated? it is a really awesome feature, would be a shame not to implant (a working feature! lol)

As part of the Community Upgrade Project as well as a stand alone mod, I am fixing up the ArmA2 C-130J and the MV-22. Both of these models were very rough, but its easier to fix than to make a whole new model.

MV-22 Osprey

---------------

-new cockpit glass material

-smoother body materials, originally it looked very harsh and scratched up

-slightly upgraded cockpit

-improved hover-mode maneuvering - A2 version was practically unusable. I would like the AI to be able to land it.

-includes layered .psd files and blank grey textures for easy repainting

-animated control sticks

-all new hud

-arma 3 lights and collision lights

I just started on the mv22, not much done to the textures yet

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w312/lethalSakura/mv2201.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w312/lethalSakura/mv2202.jpg

I plan on USMC, USAF, NATO and possibly more liveries. I would like to make the C-130J-30 at some point as well, and also versions with refueling drogues. As these are modified BIS models with modified BIS textures, everyone will be free to edit and modify it without permission.

Sakura! Glad to see someone taking this on. An offer - once the A2 models came out I have been wanting to add my door guns w/o having to script their startup. I have been so busy with the Unsung project that I haven't had time to do much with A3 models yet...

The MLOD's are available... would you be interested in using them for additional versions? Literally a copy/paste operation... would of course need a copy of the updated model to keep unarmed/armed versions separated. That way we can have the stock unarmed transport and a few armed transports. I have the door gunner models as well as the IDWS version:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=5b54fc51a7917265#cid=5B54FC51A7917265&id=5B54FC51A7917265%211885

Thoughts?

Armed Ospreys are great for gun runs and stuff, also whats not scary and awesome about a plane that turns into a helicopter that carries a whole platoon AND has miniguns?

Beats me

The MLOD's are available... would you be interested in using them for additional versions? Literally a copy/paste operation... would of course need a copy of the updated model to keep unarmed/armed versions separated. That way we can have the stock unarmed transport and a few armed transports. I have the door gunner models as well as the IDWS version:
FWIW, frankly speaking I couldn't find any way to get support working for attaching the guns to the default MV-22, forcing the use of the armed variants you added... admittedly I'd rather prefer that Sakura_Chan develop things in a manner where the guns could be "modular" for the 'default' MV-22, but if there have to be the different armed variants and unarmed variant, then I'd prefer the armed ones have be 'normal' gunner's stations instead of what was done with the Arma 2 version of the armed MV-22s mod... because I could swear it seemed like the weapons -- aft ramp gun, side guns, and belly gun -- were essentially separate vehicles. :/

At least the Arma 3 PIP implementation means that the IDWS (belly gun) will actually be usable... or as in real life used for the NV/IR view.

FWIW, frankly speaking I couldn't find any way to get support working for attaching the guns to the default MV-22, forcing the use of the armed variants you added... admittedly I'd rather prefer that Sakura_Chan develop things in a manner where the guns could be "modular" for the 'default' MV-22, but if there have to be the different armed variants and unarmed variant, then I'd prefer the armed ones have be 'normal' gunner's stations instead of what was done with the Arma 2 version of the armed MV-22s mod... because I could swear it seemed like the weapons -- aft ramp gun, side guns, and belly gun -- were essentially separate vehicles. :/

At least the Arma 3 PIP implementation means that the IDWS (belly gun) will actually be usable... or as in real life used for the NV/IR view.

It's because they were a seperate vehicle using attachto, the addon was released before the MLODS were public.

I've found video to help with the osprey guns

---------- Post added at 03:54 ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 ----------

Edited by bell2626

Sakura! Glad to see someone taking this on. An offer - once the A2 models came out I have been wanting to add my door guns w/o having to script their startup. I have been so busy with the Unsung project that I haven't had time to do much with A3 models yet...

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=5b54fc51a7917265#cid=5B54FC51A7917265&id=5B54FC51A7917265%211885

Thoughts?

is this available to anyone, even if its not for the MV-22, but credit is given to them ????

pm me please

Haven't touched it in months...maybe I will hand it off to someone else I don't know. Its a pretty boring project at this point, not much motivation to finish it up. It is far enough along though, I may man up and release it. I am really just stuck for sounds and only have tedious little details to work on like animating the co-pilot controls and debugging the cargo ejection. All the lighting and animations are fairly complete, the textures are somewhat ready for reskinning as well. One major annoyance is that I used another one of my mods to quickly get these in-game, but that means I will have to make a new config and re-path the textures to get them to work as a separate addon. I'll keep you guys updated

It is far enough along though, I may man up and release it.

This. I reckon its better off doing a beta release than putting it aside, forgetting about it and have the community chasing you for a release. :)

Haven't touched it in months...maybe I will hand it off to someone else I don't know. Its a pretty boring project at this point, not much motivation to finish it up. It is far enough along though, I may man up and release it. I am really just stuck for sounds and only have tedious little details to work on like animating the co-pilot controls and debugging the cargo ejection. All the lighting and animations are fairly complete, the textures are somewhat ready for reskinning as well. One major annoyance is that I used another one of my mods to quickly get these in-game, but that means I will have to make a new config and re-path the textures to get them to work as a separate addon. I'll keep you guys updated

Well i dont expect you to do so and hope you dont but FullerPJ did mention not making the C-130 though hes making the AC-130 because you started your own so if you consider donating, i think it would be a great addition to his mod pack. Best of luck to you Sakura_Chan!

In other words, all you have left to do is the tedious, soul sucking work that destroys any motivation to do anything and makes you question your choice in hobby?

I completely understand; been there, done that. :p

Thanks for the work so far on this Sakura. Would very much appreciate it if you could release the current version of the MV-22 so someone else can finish that as well.

Would very much appreciate it if you could release the current version of the MV-22 so someone else can finish that as well.
yes very much so

I have not started porting it yet for ASM, if you share your source, im sure CUP and my ASM will be happy :P

I have not started porting it yet for ASM, if you share your source, im sure CUP and my ASM will be happy :P

Alduric to the rescue! lol

Alduric, does that mean your ASM work is now "Cupped" ? :)

if so that would be very heartening news indeed !

Update! I moved the Osprey over to its own addon folder, which is a HUGE hassle. Because this is going to be an open source addon I took the time to convert everything I could into #define texture paths, so you only have to change one path per file instead of having to change it for each entry. Well the Osprey was actually further along than I realized. I spent some of today working on it and all it really needs is the co-pilot instruments and controls, some damage textures, some config tweaks, and a few missing sounds. I fixed the annoying bug that most ArmA vehicles have that causes the ocean and sky to disappear when viewed through the cockpit windows. Any ideas what liveries I should make? I would like to include the USMC (default), USAF and a 2035 NATO skins. I would like suggestions on actual FGs that I should use.