Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

ArmA 2 C-130J and MV-22 Redux

Very promising mod.

Could you please also add Static C-130 to your mod for specific paradrop missions? It would be even more useful...

Aggreed with zealot111 a static model for paradrop would be cool

and no need to say --> your models are looking great !

Hey Sakura, FullerPJ sent me your way as he isn't working on a herky-bird, so will you be adding the ability for LAPES?

Here's a video of LAPES:

Very promising mod.

Could you please also add Static C-130 to your mod for specific paradrop missions? It would be even more useful...

It's so easy to make something static! All you need to do is lock it and then just add to it's init line

this allowDamage false; this enablesimulation false

that allows for the vehicle to not move and not get damaged in any way and then also you could just use the "animate" command to make the cargo door open

It's so easy to make something static!

It should continue to make flying sounds with this method, too.

Would you possibly look into implementing interactive cockpits to your aircrafts? They seem to be gaining in popularity these days and for a reason :)

The Great Cycle continues. If I spin it fast enough something usually flies out.

Right boys, let's show sakura_chan how fast we can spin it!

m6WC5Gv.jpg

Would you possibly look into implementing interactive cockpits to your aircrafts? They seem to be gaining in popularity these days and for a reason :)

IMO, doesn't seem like there's much of a purpose for transport aircraft...

Edited by Scarecrow398

Hi, IMO that would be a loose of time, because the game's gameplay; that IMO wouldn't fit well with it. Let's C ya

This looks awesome, hope the landing gear is rugged so it can take off and land on those dirt strips on Altis ;)

I'm just hoping Sakura takes the time he needs to meet the standards he wants for this :)

Tho I wouldn't mind an early-open-alpha-someshit-test-program... of a sort :D

It could work, just a very simple startup sequence. Fly normally, etc. but a startup sequence done manually would be very immersive. :)

Would be very excited to see that MV-22 up and ready to go in Arma 3.

I run aviation for a small unit. Would be glad to spend time testing any WIP stuff.

@Sakura_Chan

This looks very nice, I was trying to port the C-130J myself so I can make the Maryland ANG Herc's stationed by my house and others I have seen while I was in the AF(loved seeing the Green Camo ones). One question though bud, did you mean when you release your versions you are releasing them as open source as well? No problem if not I wouldn't blame you with all the work you put into these but, would sure save me this painful porting process. Plus I can not update existing textures like you just did...good job BTW.

Dave,

yeah they will be open source with available mlod models and blank unmarked layered textures for easy reskins. One little bug I found with the c-130 and Alive is that the hurc gets spawned inside of the aircraft hangers, so the wingtips are sticking out 15ft on each side lol. I'll post that in the alive thread.

Edited by Sakura_Chan

I might have missed it in the thread, but is it possible to walk inside / on the ramp of the C-130 while it is flying?

I might have missed it in the thread, but is it possible to walk inside / on the ramp of the C-130 while it is flying?

It's been covered on a page anyhow. No is the answer.

Here are a few pics of the C-130 exterior, the original textures are alright for detail, but due to the size of the thing getting up really close resulted in a bland appearance. I am trying out some tiled, colored detail maps to help give it a little more detail up close. The model itself is relatively low poly, but it gets the job done I think. The model itself is about 8000 points * 13000 polys.

pics too big to img link:

http://sakumods.armaholic.com/Arma3/c130mv22/c13001.png

http://sakumods.armaholic.com/Arma3/c130mv22/c13002.png

http://sakumods.armaholic.com/Arma3/c130mv22/c13003.png

left and right sides are different colors due to WIP repainting, and I haven't keyed the markings out of the reflection maps just yet, but I will.

Edited by Sakura_Chan

I Wonder, will the C-130 be able to carry certain vehicles? And maybe have LAPES too? Just saying ;)

A little question: How many cargo slots will the C-130 have? Are you upping it from the number the original model had?

Have you done any reseach on the proportions of the exterior and also the interior areas?

I remember seeing the door-opening towards the cockpit area being super tiny. That never looked quite right to me.

The whole interior area there seems to be crampted compared to the real one.

Comparsions between how it is in A2 and IRL

http://imageshack.com/a/img819/2791/aq7m.png

This one shows how some proprotions in the interior might seem off.

http://imageshack.com/a/img855/7481/2wv8.png

This one shows the rear ramp and exterior. Looks much more like the real one.

Edited by AlexVestin

Its too small, just like the Chinook and the blackhawk.