Sign in to follow this  
GReeves

Random Questions About Features

Just a couple random things I'd like to know about the game.

1. Are windows breakable? Bulletproof glass in poor Takistani villager homes is kind of silly.

2. How flexible are the new stances? Will it be something like the dynamic movement of Rainbow Six Raven Shield, or simply a few extra stances in between the old ones?

3. Can players ride on tank turrets? I really think that something like this needs to be implemented -- it would save our team a lot of trouble with transportation.

1. Yes, they break. You can even throw grenades into them, but that takes some practice to get right.

2. They are just extra stances in between the old ones, there isn't any Raven Shield-style stance adjustment. However, as with Arma 2 if you have TrackIR or rudders you can leaning with more flexibility as opposed to the not leaning/leaning completely that you get with the controls.

3. Can players ride on tank turrets? I really think that something like this needs to be implemented -- it would save our team a lot of trouble with transportation.
Nope, it's impossible to ride ontop the armor of tank or any other vehicle.

3. >> the tank has space for nearly a whole squad as its basically copied from the marshal lol

Nope, it's impossible to ride ontop the armor of tank or any other vehicle.

I won't say impossible, as it is quite possible since OFP.

A few modders especially for WWII made passenger seats on the hull.

In ArmA 2 it was also possible by the attachTo function to make it mod independet, but mission dependent (in this case an action and function call was used for the team and the player to mount and unmount the vehicle).

So - it is not impossible, but it is generally not used much and by far not dynamic.

a "relativeAttachTo" function would be nice, which would not just attach something somewhere, but make you're movement relative to the object attached to, or already handled better by the physic engine.

4. Do you think we will we have any FPS/technical difficulties running the ALiVE mod on a Vilayer dedicated server with about five to ten players?

Hello, this is my first post.

For some reasons I was unable to create a new thread for this question and the search function did not return any useful information or existing thread to my question.

So if this question belongs into another thread or should be placed inside a new thread, feel free to move / split it.

So my question:

My username in ARMA 3 was somehow ported from ARMA 2. As my username is somehow my first name + my middle name (not sure why, I never choose a username).

I would like to change it to a custom nickname but can't find any way to change my nickname (maybe I missed something in the settings?).

So how can I change my username for multiplayer sessions?

Hello, this is my first post.

For some reasons I was unable to create a new thread for this question and the search function did not return any useful information or existing thread to my question.

So if this question belongs into another thread or should be placed inside a new thread, feel free to move / split it.

So my question:

My username in ARMA 3 was somehow ported from ARMA 2. As my username is somehow my first name + my middle name (not sure why, I never choose a username).

I would like to change it to a custom nickname but can't find any way to change my nickname (maybe I missed something in the settings?).

So how can I change my username for multiplayer sessions?

ARMA 2/3 uses player profiles, and the default profile always uses your windows username. Unfortunately, the name of this default profile cannot be changed, so you need to create a new one. (This will also reset most of your settings and keybinds I'm afraid.)

In the main menu, go to configure -> profiles, then create a new one.

Dear Bis,

I have some question about future content, you will release the Jets with the last Episode of the Campaign (BTW a good Campaign). But what is about big airplanes like the C-130 (for every faction of course) or more static weapons like the D-30 from Arma 2 OA ? will find this content or more content the way into the Game ?