major_shepard

LEA - Loadout Editor for ArmA 3

EricJ updates his addon every single day. So you are welcome I you like to provide us with the updated LEA addon.

Could you tell me what I need to fill in here? http://gyazo.com/da9a2882b82bd0e490dcee0700c17fd6

Not sure what it means, and couldn't find it on the wiki page!

& a request: could you have file selectors in for example the 'new addon - select addon or folder' have A3 executable location as start location? hate having to go through program files etc to get to Arma 3's map. :)

Could you tell me what I need to fill in here? http://gyazo.com/da9a2882b82bd0e490dcee0700c17fd6

Not sure what it means, and couldn't find it on the wiki page!

It is the revision number for the LEA addon. When you create the first time the LEA addon you must put "1" then "2" and etc every time you make a new update.

Revision number is needed for hosting on public repository.

& a request: could you have file selectors in for example the 'new addon - select addon or folder' have A3 executable location as start location? hate having to go through program files etc to get to Arma 3's map. :)

Could be yeah.

enable_lea_addon = false;

this doesn't work when I put it into my mission init, any idea what I can do to fix this? Need it for a mission with pre-set roles and gear

So I'm working on a coop misison and decided to go with LEA to equip the units, because I still remember it from A2 and it was pretty awesome then. Anyway - problem is, that units equpped with 2 chemlights, 2 smokes and 2 handgrenades do not have any selection to throw any of these items. :confused:

For example this dear Squadleader here has all items on him but the throwable items do not get displayed in the weapon UI - also pressing the throw button does nothing. SP and MP the same problem. A friend of mine who helped me test found out that you can throw them once they've been placed on the ground and picked up again.

Edit: Forgot - he can only throw the item that was placed on the ground and picked up again.

removeallweapons alpha_SL;
removeallassigneditems alpha_SL;
removeHeadgear alpha_SL;
removeUniform alpha_SL;
removeBackpack alpha_SL;
removeVest alpha_SL;

alpha_SL addWeapon "ItemMap";
alpha_SL addWeapon "ItemWatch";
alpha_SL addWeapon "ItemCompass";
alpha_SL addWeapon "ItemGPS";
alpha_SL addWeapon "H_MilCap_mcamo";
alpha_SL addWeapon "G_Shades_Black";
alpha_SL addWeapon "NVGoggles";
alpha_SL addWeapon "Rangefinder";
alpha_SL addBackpack "B_TacticalPack_blk";
(backpackContainer alpha_SL) addmagazinecargoGlobal ["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag",1];
alpha_SL addWeapon "arifle_MX_GL_Black_F";
removeBackpack alpha_SL;
alpha_SL addPrimaryWeaponItem "acc_flashlight";
alpha_SL addPrimaryWeaponItem "muzzle_snds_H";
alpha_SL addPrimaryWeaponItem "optic_Hamr";
alpha_SL addBackpack "B_TacticalPack_blk";
(backpackContainer alpha_SL) addmagazinecargoGlobal ["11Rnd_45ACP_Mag",1];
alpha_SL addWeapon "hgun_Pistol_heavy_01_F";
removeBackpack alpha_SL;
alpha_SL addHandgunItem "optic_MRD";
alpha_SL addBackpack "B_AssaultPack_blk";
clearItemCargoGlobal (backpackContainer alpha_SL);
clearMagazineCargoGlobal (backpackContainer alpha_SL);
clearWeaponCargoGlobal (backpackContainer alpha_SL);
(backpackContainer alpha_SL) additemcargoGlobal ["FirstAidKit",2];
(backpackContainer alpha_SL) additemcargoGlobal ["acc_pointer_IR",1];
(backpackContainer alpha_SL) addmagazinecargoGlobal ["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag",4];
(backpackContainer alpha_SL) addmagazinecargoGlobal ["3Rnd_Smoke_Grenade_shell",2];
(backpackContainer alpha_SL) addmagazinecargoGlobal ["3Rnd_UGL_FlareGreen_F",2];
(backpackContainer alpha_SL) addmagazinecargoGlobal ["3Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell",4];
alpha_SL addVest "V_PlateCarrier1_blk";
clearItemCargoGlobal (vestContainer alpha_SL);
clearMagazineCargoGlobal (vestContainer alpha_SL);
clearWeaponCargoGlobal (vestContainer alpha_SL);
(vestContainer alpha_SL) additemcargoGlobal ["FirstAidKit",2];
(vestContainer alpha_SL) addmagazinecargoGlobal ["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag",2];
(vestContainer alpha_SL) addmagazinecargoGlobal ["11Rnd_45ACP_Mag",2];
(vestContainer alpha_SL) addmagazinecargoGlobal ["SmokeShell",2];
(vestContainer alpha_SL) addmagazinecargoGlobal ["HandGrenade",2];
alpha_SL addUniform "U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_vest";
clearItemCargoGlobal (uniformContainer alpha_SL);
clearMagazineCargoGlobal (uniformContainer alpha_SL);
clearWeaponCargoGlobal (uniformContainer alpha_SL);
(uniformContainer alpha_SL) addmagazinecargoGlobal ["11Rnd_45ACP_Mag",2];
(uniformContainer alpha_SL) addmagazinecargoGlobal ["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag",2];
alpha_SL selectWeapon (primaryWeapon alpha_SL);

Anyway - to find out whats behind this odd issue, I set up another unit named "Testerman". Now the funny thing is, Mr. Testerman has the same issue. EXCEPT if I add the grenades the traditional way with testerman AddMagazine ["Handgrenade",2];

removeallweapons testerman;
removeallassigneditems testerman;
removeHeadgear testerman;
removeUniform testerman;
removeBackpack testerman;
removeVest testerman;
testerman addWeapon "ItemMap";
testerman addWeapon "ItemWatch";
testerman addWeapon "ItemCompass";
testerman addWeapon "ItemGPS";
testerman addWeapon "NVGoggles";
testerman addWeapon "Binocular";
testerman addBackpack "B_TacticalPack_blk";
(backpackContainer testerman) addmagazinecargoGlobal ["11Rnd_45ACP_Mag",1];
testerman addWeapon "hgun_Pistol_heavy_01_F";
removeBackpack testerman;
testerman addUniform "U_C_WorkerCoveralls";
clearItemCargoGlobal (uniformContainer testerman);
clearMagazineCargoGlobal (uniformContainer testerman);
clearWeaponCargoGlobal (uniformContainer testerman);
(uniformContainer testerman) addmagazinecargoGlobal ["SmokeShell",1];
testerman AddMagazine ["Handgrenade",2];
if (count weapons testerman > 0) then {
 private['_type', '_muzzles'];
 _type = ((weapons testerman) select 0);
 _muzzles = getArray(configFile >>"cfgWeapons">> _type >>"muzzles");
 if (count _muzzles > 1) then {
    testerman selectWeapon (_muzzles select 0);
 }
 else {
    testerman selectWeapon _type;
 };
};

In that case he can select the normal handgrenade as well as the smokeshell and also throw them (normal behaviour). However, when I add the grenades to the unit above with alpha_SL AddMagazine ["Handgrenade",2]; nothing changes, he still can't see or throw any of the throwable items in his inventory.

LEA Version 2.0 Update 2

A3 version - Release branch

Mods in use:

CBA

Taskforce Arrowhead Radio

VTS_WR

STHud

Any ideas? Is this a loadout/mission, LEA or an A3 issue?

Edited by Lukio

Could open a ticket here https://dev.withsix.com/projects/lea/issues and attach a sample mission with no mod required that reproduce the bug. Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Ok so I was able to reproduce and yes it is an ArmA 3 bug that has been reported for months, got fixed and broken back from update to update => http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15885

Using massive number of x addItemToUniform/Vest/Backpack instead for adding items seems to work hopefully as a workaround. Will be fixed into next Update of LEA.

Using massive number of x addItemToUniform/Vest/Backpack instead for adding items seems to work hopefully as a workaround. Will be fixed into next Update of LEA.

So now we know. Thanks for looking into it!

My current workaround to the problem is to add all throwable objects to the backpack. Seems to alleviate the issue when adding too many items to vest.

Edited by Lukio

There is a bunch of great mods out now for A3, and I would love to use LEA for them, instead of wasting my time with VAS, or other mods. LEA should be updated with all the new weapon mods, unit mods, item mods, ect. All the stuff that goes into LEA. Please guys, get the repository up to date when possible with the new stuff.

Just wanted to say thanks for a great mod, I used the Wiki last night to add the new updates to EricJ Weapons pack into LEA, how would I go about adding it to the repo?

Any idea yet why this isn't working (running on dedicated server)? : enable_lea_addon=false;

Hmm Im having some issues using mods I have used before in LEA. I set it up the same way as I did before (Named, description, version numbers, mod folder, extract directory, etc) but now the same mods that used to work now only show up with a single uniform (Im talking about mas SOF pack, used to get all the uniforms but since I switched to a different SSD its not working). How do I fix this? Just a side not too I removed al the old stuff and started fresh on the new SSD. It also looks like it's missing pictures from all of the items within the addons (which it didn't before) if that helps. Also doesn;t seem to make any difference if I choose within the addon itself to extraxt to/analyze or my external hard drive (which is what I did last time and it worked)

EDIT: I saw MAS DEVGRU in the repository and it turns out it's all the factions so I just used that instead. Im still having the same problem with the PG services PMC mod, any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Opendome

Any idea yet why this isn't working (running on dedicated server)? : enable_lea_addon=false;

It used to work for sure, will investigate if something got broken from last ArmA 3 update or else.

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Hmm Im having some issues using mods I have used before in LEA. I set it up the same way as I did before (Named, description, version numbers, mod folder, extract directory, etc) but now the same mods that used to work now only show up with a single uniform (Im talking about mas SOF pack, used to get all the uniforms but since I switched to a different SSD its not working). How do I fix this? Just a side not too I removed al the old stuff and started fresh on the new SSD. It also looks like it's missing pictures from all of the items within the addons (which it didn't before) if that helps. Also doesn;t seem to make any difference if I choose within the addon itself to extraxt to/analyze or my external hard drive (which is what I did last time and it worked)

EDIT: I saw MAS DEVGRU in the repository and it turns out it's all the factions so I just used that instead. Im still having the same problem with the PG services PMC mod, any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Do you have a link to "mas SOF pack" ? I guess there is something to see with the config of the addon, not your ssd.

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

Great job and a must application.

Thanks guy ;)

Major_Shepard, I was trying to import the latest version of Trixie's L86A2 mod he has add additional weapons. On updating the mod in LEA I lost L86A2 and only a couple of the weapons in the mod pack have been imported. I don't know whether this is an issue with his mod or LEA. Was hoping you'd be able to have a look.

Thanks again.

How can Task Force Radio and the Additional Backpacks for it be added to LEA?

Having a few issues with it, would appreciate your help.

Major_Shepard, I was trying to import the latest version of Trixie's L86A2 mod he has add additional weapons. On updating the mod in LEA I lost L86A2 and only a couple of the weapons in the mod pack have been imported. I don't know whether this is an issue with his mod or LEA. Was hoping you'd be able to have a look.

Thanks again.

Added to the repository ;)

How can Task Force Radio and the Additional Backpacks for it be added to LEA?

Having a few issues with it, would appreciate your help.

Added to the repository ;)

Edited by Major_Shepard

hi, thanks for making great tool!

I have an issue with adding BTC Weapons.

Would you find it please?

LEA v2.0 Update 3

Download

Use Check for Updates in the Help menu

Changelog

- Added: donation by PayPal.

- Added: support for TFAR 0.9.1

- Changed: @LEA updated to v1.2

- Fixed: @LEA: glasses not removed when changing from one to another profile.

- Fixed: @LEA: enable_lea_addon = false instruction where no more working since last ArmA 3 update.

- Fixed: throwable items (grenades, smokes, chemlights...) not usable from uniform/vest/backpack.

- Fixed: auto-assignation and manual assignation of a unit name failed when the unit is linked to a waypoint in the mission.sqm file.

- Fixed: unit with presence=0 and a name assigned into the mission.sqm file may cause an in game script error for missing variable.

Edited by Major_Shepard

LEA v2.0 Update 3

Changelog

- Fixed: throwable items (grenades, smokes, chemlights...) not usable from uniform/vest/backpack.

YES. Thank you!

This makes mission building so much more fun!!

Maybe for the next change - or maybe not possible - ability to add a silencer to the Vermin SMG. It always wants to slot it to the pistol. No big deal, I just add it to my vest and manually put it on when mission starts.

Big thanks! Easiest mod for Arma to install and use- great UI - and also my vote for the very best!