major_shepard

LEA - Loadout Editor for ArmA 3

The Devbranch BI tools are not working either.

That's why at the moment I use older BI tools. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BI_Tools_2.5

Most of the times it wont binarize because a line is missing []

For example:

hiddenSelections = {"camo"};

To make it binarize without errors you have to change it to

hiddenSelections[] = {"camo"};

And that goes for pretty much every line in the config.ccp what ends with = {"xxxxx"};

There's probably more stuff that I don't know about, but this is what usually works for me!

Try using the DevBranch BI-Tools, they should work

@Major_Shepard: Could you add this to the LEA Repository please ?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46305113/NorwegianUnits_1.3_1.lea.addon

Its from my Norwegian Units mod

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179995-Norwegian-Units

Done, thank you for doing the job mate ;)

Just wanted to whine to somebody, that an auto-backup would be EXTREMELY useful for this tool. Whole weeks work with little sleep went down the drain due to LEA cutting the mission file in half.

No, I will not tell you just how angry I am right now.

Just wanted to whine to somebody, that an auto-backup would be EXTREMELY useful for this tool. Whole weeks work with little sleep went down the drain due to LEA cutting the mission file in half.

But there is? In the LEA mission profile folder should be a backup of the mission. At least that's how I remember it.

There is a backup indeed. Inside the mission folder you will find:

- mission.sqm.bck0: the mission.sqm before any modification by LEA

- mission.sqm.bck: the mission.sqm previous to the last modification by LEA

Just rename one of this file to mission.sqm to roll things back.

I would appreciate you to give me your mission to investigate the bug.

Oh... so that's what these files... were. I did think they could be... but they were ten-fold smaller than the mission.sqm. And my judgement was clouded by negative emotions. Unfortunately they are no more, as I hoped removing everything LEA-related would possibly fix it. Let that be a lesson to remain cool-headed in dire situations!

I can provide you with the broken mission.sqm file, but it'll probably be of little help after I had tampered with it, trying to salvage something. I was also using CBA and MCC during mission making.

PS: What are your thoughts about the Armory from Bootcamp update? It seems to cover the most important basics of LEA functionality.

What are your thoughts about the Armory from Bootcamp update? It seems to cover the most important basics of LEA functionality.

It seems that Virtual Armory is something similar to Dixilesy Paper Doll. There is still no loadout edition in the Mission Editor like it exists for years in VBS2 :rolleyes: I would be very happy if it comes up so that I could close this thread ^^

Edited by Major_Shepard

Wow is this thing bugged!! Copy and Paste does not work well at all and it seems that deleting a profile does not make it go away because if you recreate it using the same name or even a partially identical name, you get stuff from the deleted one reappearing. If you copy one profile and paste it into a new one then try to make changes to the new one, it will mix them up when you apply it during play despite them looking different inside LEA. It appears to be impossible to put medpacks into a profile without them being automatically replaced with bandages, epi, blood packs, and morphine when you go to apply it in game. So if you want one profile that uses standard medpacks for one server and another that uses bandages epi morphine and bloodpacks for another server, you simply can't do it. You have to click multiple times on just about everything in the interface to get things to highlight...sometimes it takes as many as five clicks to select a different profile or change from backpack to vest etc. Right clicking on things sometimes selects them sometimes does not. The main problem is that the profiles displayed in LEA are not what you get when you apply them during play. Isn't that the whole point of this software to begin with? When you apply it in game some stuff comes in, other stuff is missing, still other stuff gets substituted for something else. It is a great idea but still needs lots and lots of work.

Edited by Axe22

First let me say I appreciate very much your work, I'm using it quite every time I play ARMA3.

But since a few days it doesn't work any more : when playing a mission (SP, Showcase ou MP), I can see the red item "Apply loadout" but when trying to apply by clicking on qpace bar, nothing happens, and any error message!

In Arma3 Userconfig repertory, I just noticed there was any lea repertory

Can you hep me to resolve this problem and make LEA working again?

Having same issue with not working in game. The profiles work in my mission but if ai die and respawn they don't respawn with LEA gear loadouts but have the standard gear. Any ideas? Great mod for loading out ai for mission makers.

Wow is this thing bugged!! Copy and Paste does not work well at all and it seems that deleting a profile does not make it go away because if you recreate it using the same name or even a partially identical name, you get stuff from the deleted one reappearing. If you copy one profile and paste it into a new one then try to make changes to the new one, it will mix them up when you apply it during play despite them looking different inside LEA. It appears to be impossible to put medpacks into a profile without them being automatically replaced with bandages, epi, blood packs, and morphine when you go to apply it in game. So if you want one profile that uses standard medpacks for one server and another that uses bandages epi morphine and bloodpacks for another server, you simply can't do it. You have to click multiple times on just about everything in the interface to get things to highlight...sometimes it takes as many as five clicks to select a different profile or change from backpack to vest etc. Right clicking on things sometimes selects them sometimes does not. The main problem is that the profiles displayed in LEA are not what you get when you apply them during play. Isn't that the whole point of this software to begin with? When you apply it in game some stuff comes in, other stuff is missing, still other stuff gets substituted for something else. It is a great idea but still needs lots and lots of work.

What appends in the game depends on the mods you are running with the game. Let say the informations regarding mod A in LEA are not the same the version of mod A your are currently running with the game, problems begin. Addons from the repository are not all up to date right now. Left clicking on uniform/vest/backpack will be fixed into next update

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

First let me say I appreciate very much your work, I'm using it quite every time I play ARMA3.

But since a few days it doesn't work any more : when playing a mission (SP, Showcase ou MP), I can see the red item "Apply loadout" but when trying to apply by clicking on qpace bar, nothing happens, and any error message!

In Arma3 Userconfig repertory, I just noticed there was any lea repertory

Can you hep me to resolve this problem and make LEA working again?

Are you using the dev branch? Does @LEA appears in the mods list running into ArmA3 (Configure -> Expensions)?

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Having same issue with not working in game. The profiles work in my mission but if ai die and respawn they don't respawn with LEA gear loadouts but have the standard gear. Any ideas? Great mod for loading out ai for mission makers.

Are you using dev branch? Have you ticked respawn with LEA loadout when selecting Generate loadout ?

Edited by Major_Shepard

Dedicated Server, Coop Multiplay, the loadout on my players and the loadout manager on my ammo box are running and acting flawlessly, Just thought you would like to see a positive response for a change ;)

A semi related question I hope you or some clever person reading here may help me with, I used the load VAS profile for a week or so prior to me removing that from the script as I run a pretty tight inventory but during that time one of my players loaded a profile which includes a uniform I do not wish them to use, MY question is there any way for me to reset the profileNamespace so it removes the LEA profile that he uses on the loadout manager with the restricted gear I wish him not to use.

Thank you major for the quick reply, I am not using dev branch and I am ticking the load on respawn option when generating .sqf, I read your apply above and have same issue but I think you might be on the money with the @LEA folder, I'll check soon but feel this May fix my problem selecting in game loadouts. As for the respawn I'll see what happens when I check the @LEA folder. Thanks again, just a fantastic program.

Dedicated Server, Coop Multiplay, the loadout on my players and the loadout manager on my ammo box are running and acting flawlessly, Just thought you would like to see a positive response for a change ;)

A semi related question I hope you or some clever person reading here may help me with, I used the load VAS profile for a week or so prior to me removing that from the script as I run a pretty tight inventory but during that time one of my players loaded a profile which includes a uniform I do not wish them to use, MY question is there any way for me to reset the profileNamespace so it removes the LEA profile that he uses on the loadout manager with the restricted gear I wish him not to use.

As @LEA is run client side only, you can't prevent people from spawning what they want. To do so you would have to run a script server side that scan players loadout.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

For those who have problem recently with @LEA do you have updated Java lately ? Try re-installing @LEA from Menu -> Help -> Install @LEA

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Looks like the game as been updated to 1.24 on stable branch by Steam. New update, new breaks from the game once again :rolleyes:

Edited by Major_Shepard

Thanks a lot for your quick answer.

I'm not using dev branch, and yes LEA appears in the mods list in Arma3 expansions.

As for Java recently updated I can't confirm that it occured.

Last I tried LEA reinstall from LEA Help/Install@LEA but always the same problem.

Could you try the following:

1. Delete "lea" folder from userconfig folder

2. Run "lea.bat" file from LEA installation directory.

3. From Profile Menu, select a profile in the list.

4. Do Menu Profile -> Initialize @LEA. Then copy paste the console content here.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Switch 3D view coming with next update of @LEA

lea_3D_2_zpsbe595aaa.jpg

Edited by Major_Shepard

OK it works fine again! :)

As I said in my first post I had any lea folder in the userconfig folder of ARMA3.

So I did what you told me, running lea.bat, then verifying that lea folder reappeared in userconfig folder : playing the game all was working again as usual!

Thanks a lot for your quick and effective answers, and for the very nice tool you made for us; I recommend it to the players of my team (VEAF ARMA3 - http://www.veaf.org/fr/)

Hello LEA profiles of AI units and vehicles load correctly when I test locally but not when I run the mission on my linux dedicate server, any idea?

Thank you.

Maybe a new "feature" from the wonderful 1.24 update?

Tested last week before the update, had no problem.

do not think it was even before the before the update. Alive is the problem?