major_shepard

LEA - Loadout Editor for ArmA 3

When I try to connect to the repository it tells me it fails to connect.

Could you check your anti-virus/firewall.

I wish I could give more details but I don't know what you need to know to help. When I go through the help menu and try to manually add addons it tells me it cant analyze the mod. I am newer to arma 3 so it is possible I am not doing something correctly.

You have to be specific on the mod. Which on is it? LEA does not support right now full automatic import for every mods out there. Say thanks to BIS for all their bullshit. But things can be sorted out using a mix of third party tools and manual operations.

LEA v2.0 Update 4

Download

Use Check for Updates in the Help menu

or use Windows automatic installer: ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/LEA/releases/lea-installer-2-0-19.exe

Changelog

- Modified: loadout scripts now use new forceAddUniform SQF command to give a uniform to player with @LEA or to units a mission. This should fix the issues with player getting nacked when using a different side uniform.

- Fixed: missing Aviator glasses, .45 sound suppressor as rifle silencer.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

My questions still remains, I like this utility but there are a lot of complaints of it being used for malicious purposes. As the author of this mod, can u comment?

There is nothing specific regarding LEA compared to VAS and any other script/addon that allow user to spawn stuff. If user try to spawn a weapon from a addon he has launch with the game but that's not server side, every player in the server will get a script error message. That's all.

Could you check your anti-virus/firewall.

You have to be specific on the mod. Which on is it? LEA does not support right now full automatic import for every mods out there. Say thanks to BIS for all their bullshit. But things can be sorted out using a mix of third party tools and manual operations.

YAY thank you for the reply :) So I did follow some other threads I have seen and already checked my anti-virus/firewall and arma 3 and LEA are allowed access unless im missing something that is staring me in the face.

To be honest I have a few mods (like a rail attachment mod, extra attachments, extra weapons/uniforms/gear, task force radio (I know that is more a server thing)....If I go in and try and load the mk 18 mod for example, even if I enter all the info to manually load it in LEA it cant anaylize or extract the file (this is where I could be doing something wrong idk). What 3rd party tools would work to help me load my mods into LEA?

Could you try running lea.bat file from LEA installation directory and paste the console content here? Have you tried disabling your antivirus and firewall?

Any chance of having the repositories updated to include some of the more recent weapons packs...like HLC...I followed the directions to add custom mods on LEA from the Wiki but it only works with some mods, but not all.

LEA v2.0 Update 4

- Fixed: missing Aviator glasses

Awwe yeah! Who needs anything else when you have aviators? ;)

Amazing xD :icon14:

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Any chance of having the repositories updated to include some of the more recent weapons packs...like HLC...I followed the directions to add custom mods on LEA from the Wiki but it only works with some mods, but not all.

Sorry it's not possible to maintain all mods out there. I will try to improve the Wiki to explain a bit deeper how to cope with issues regarding addons addition into LEA.

Edited by Major_Shepard

YAY thank you for the reply :) So I did follow some other threads I have seen and already checked my anti-virus/firewall and arma 3 and LEA are allowed access unless im missing something that is staring me in the face.

To be honest I have a few mods (like a rail attachment mod, extra attachments, extra weapons/uniforms/gear, task force radio (I know that is more a server thing)....If I go in and try and load the mk 18 mod for example, even if I enter all the info to manually load it in LEA it cant anaylize or extract the file (this is where I could be doing something wrong idk). What 3rd party tools would work to help me load my mods into LEA?

Ok so I got the repository to open finally (I disabled the fire wall and also did the update), I guess my firewall didn't like me just allowing it. I am fumbling my way through how to add mods that are not shown in the repository, so far got one to take. I had a feeling this was more my noobness than anything but it has been a pain in my side.

Well the problem that I am having is that mods that can be added manually in LEA must be binarized, and not all mods are. LEA is a great tool and perhaps I am so spoiled by it that I am now unwilling to go through the trouble of scripting each unit myself.

Also any idea if I can create AI units with specific equipment in LEA and have them be spawnable by Zeus?

Find the config.cpp files inside the addon use binMake from BIS tools to convert the file to config.bin files. Then import the addon into LEA.

I don't think it's possible with Zeus as it does not let user execute script on the fly on a targeted AI?

I will give that a shot thanks

...and Zeus...why has tho forsaken me!

Also I really love LEA, and have used it for a very long time...one of the best tools out there and it really appeals to my anal retentive nature to have everything just how I like it...Like having a Full Russian Airborne Company kitted out with their gear according to their TO and E.

Could someone kindly explain to me how to use LEA to allow players to select a loadout from the menu on respawn?

It would be awesome to be able to use LEA for Loadouts in Mods, where the code looks like this for example:

class NOR_T_S1_WOOD: NOR_Soldier_Base_Wood {
	_generalMacro = "B_Soldier_F";
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "Soldier (Wood)";
	uniformClass = "NOR_Uniform_Wood";
	backpack = "NOR_Backpack_Soldier_Wood";
	hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo"};
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\Norwegian_units\data\wood\Norwegian_clothing_co.paa"};
       linkedItems[] = {"NOR_Carrier_1", "NOR_Helmet_Wood", "NOR_NVGoggles", "ItemMap", "ItemCompass", "ItemWatch", "ItemRadio"};
       respawnLinkedItems[] = {"NOR_Carrier_1", "NOR_Helmet_Wood", "NOR_NVGoggles", "ItemMap", "ItemCompass", "ItemWatch", "ItemRadio"};
	Weapons[] = {"arifle_mas_hk416_a","hgun_mas_glock_F","Throw","Put","Binocular"};
	respawnWeapons[] = {"arifle_mas_hk416_a","hgun_mas_glock_F","Throw","Put","Binocular"};
	Magazines[] = {"30Rnd_mas_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_mas_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_mas_556x45_Stanag","HandGrenade","HandGrenade","SmokeShell","SmokeShell","Chemlight_green","Chemlight_green","Chemlight_green","15Rnd_mas_9x21_Mag","15Rnd_mas_9x21_Mag","15Rnd_mas_9x21_Mag"};
	respawnMagazines[] = {"30Rnd_mas_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_mas_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_mas_556x45_Stanag","HandGrenade","HandGrenade","SmokeShell","SmokeShell","Chemlight_green","Chemlight_green","Chemlight_green","15Rnd_mas_9x21_Mag","15Rnd_mas_9x21_Mag","15Rnd_mas_9x21_Mag"};
};

The "linkedItems", "respawnLinkedItems", "Weapons" and "respawnWeapons" are the important lines (the "respawn" is always identical to the first line and is just for handling the loadout for respawning). This would be great because, as you can see - the code is quite messy to edit. It should also be possible to give units inside a mod their loadouts via script (eventhandler directing to an loadout.sqf) but i don't get it to work atm.

- Vasilyevich

PS: it would also be cool if LEA could read "config.cpp" files, not just "config.bin"s, afaik is the code inside the same.

Edited by Vasilyevich

I'm not sure if it has been suggested yet, but it'd be nice if the LEA action would also let me use Virtual Arsenal's load outs.

And have you concidered taking the LEA action out of the action menu and into a menu button(shows up when you press escape in-game)? the less actions in the action menu the better.. :p

I'm not sure if it has been suggested yet, but it'd be nice if the LEA action would also let me use Virtual Arsenal's load outs.

I think it would be possible to add Virtual Arsenal's loadouts previousely saved into the @LEA profiles list yes. I am also thinking of adding a 3D view button that show one's loadout on apply action.

And have you concidered taking the LEA action out of the action menu and into a menu button(shows up when you press escape in-game)? the less actions in the action menu the better.. :p

Are you thinking of something similar to @AGM menu displayed on the top left hand side?

Edited by Major_Shepard

You would like to use LEA to generate addon config files right?
Not all of them, but the lines for the loadout. Think of it like an extra button on the loadout editor screen - you click it and get the "linkedItems", "respawnLinkedItems", "Weapons" and "respawnWeapons" lines including the loadout you just assembled copied to your clipboard so you can just paste it in the addon config on the right place.

I don't know if this is easy or not, and i'm not demanding it - just some crazy thought here :) because i love LEA <3

- Vasilyevich

I think it would be possible to add Virtual Arsenal's loadouts previousely saved into the @LEA profiles list yes. I am also thinking of adding a 3D view button that show one's loadout on apply action.

That'd be great!

Are you thinking of something similar to @AGM menu displayed on the top left hand side?

Yes, something like that

Maybe I am just not smart enough, but I have tried for several days now to figure out how to Binarize addons that are not currently binarized. I have done very tutorial, and have tried several different programs, including the ArmA3 Tools...and it always fails to Binarize.

Apparently when you unPBO an addon and try and re-pack it...it changes some syntax in the config.cpp, but I am not a programmer and cannot figure out all the lines that I need to fix out of the 3700+ lines in the addon I am trying to get Binarized just to add to LEA.

Is there any way you can make LEA read non binarized addons...because honestly all of the recent addons, weapons packs...ect...are not binarized. At least none of the ones I have downloaded in the past month are Binarized.

I mean I love LEA but if I cannot use it with the dozens of weapons and uniform mods out there because they are not Binarized...and then I have to unpack them, and re-write the code...and try and re-pack them with a broken BI tool...there has to be a better way right? I mean won't that mean that everyone in my clan will have to have the new packed addons because the Keys will be different since one is Binarized and the others are not?

There must be a reason there are not many mods out there being Binarized...

Edited by Abshire