major_shepard

LEA - Loadout Editor for ArmA 3

In the Weapons dropdown list select Goggles. Then select Laser Designator on the left side and you will be given Designator Batteries on the right side.

Don't understand your other problem. Could you make screen shot please. Have a look to the wiki if not already (menu Help -> online Help).

Thanks for the reply! I'm used to carrying spare batteries and was surprised not to see them listed in the item list on the left. As long as the designator has one in it then it will work anyway but I wondered why it didn't show as available to add to backpacks, etc.

The second problem is shown in the screenshot below. You can see this unit is equipped with launcher, one AT missile in the launcher and three more in the backpack, total 4 missiles. When I spawn in the game one of the missiles is missing, as if it was moved to the launcher, leaving me 3 (one in launcher, two in backpack.) It is the same with pistol and rifle magazines. I try to take as many of each as I can, including one in each weapon, but at mission start one of each is missing from my vest, etc.

LEA_zps0f64ca26.png

There is something to see with the fact that you have reached maximum capacity of Uniform/vest/backapck. I think in this case the game remove the last added item in the container. Could you open a ticket here https://dev-heaven.net/projects/lea/issues and attach your profile please (menu Profile -> Export -> Explore profiles).

at the beginning of every load-out it says:

removeallweapons player;
removeallassigneditems player;
removeUniform player;
removeHeadgear player;
removeBackpack player;
removeVest player;

it's missing 'removeGoggles player;'

now the player keeps the goggles from his old load out when he switches load outs. :)

Thanks for the reply! I'm used to carrying spare batteries and was surprised not to see them listed in the item list on the left. As long as the designator has one in it then it will work anyway but I wondered why it didn't show as available to add to backpacks, etc.

The second problem is shown in the screenshot below. You can see this unit is equipped with launcher, one AT missile in the launcher and three more in the backpack, total 4 missiles. When I spawn in the game one of the missiles is missing, as if it was moved to the launcher, leaving me 3 (one in launcher, two in backpack.) It is the same with pistol and rifle magazines. I try to take as many of each as I can, including one in each weapon, but at mission start one of each is missing from my vest, etc.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g163/oktyabr/ARMA3/LEA_zps0f64ca26.png

Same of my problem

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170132-LEA-Loadout-Editor-for-ArmA-3&p=2586283&viewfull=1#post2586283

Hi ,

Me again..

I imported my mission PBO as requested (I' m solo mission maker).

I have the first message:

Mission succesfully extract from PBO

I have the second error message right after:

Failed to load mission. sqm file

Index 1 size 1

What does that mean?

It seems it's only this mission.. but it is the mission I m working on...:(

My mission is already tested and I already tested my loadout from LEA. everything works fine.

thanks for the reply.... and Happy new year!

Edited by Heerven

Shame on me! it was a basic mistake. I just didn't write the name on unit in the editor (forgot).

Now that works fine... except a minor bug : A standard black beenie in the game doesn't want to appear on the head on the soldier. I will switch hat for now.

Thanks Shepard.

Let me enjoy my missions now. ;)

Could you give me the name and classname of the Hat that does not appear?

For the previous bug, normally LEA should have handle this. I would like to get your mission before your correction please :)

Here it is?

H_Watchcap_blk

I think it's in the game Arma 3. Standard beanie black with head set (not I use NVG also on the avatar)

Do you have the same issue or it's only me? Not a big deal, I just changed hat.

I have tried to use the repository to install addons but for some reason it keeps saying failed to connect and your website is also down. Can anyone explain to me what to do

The repository is currently working. Check out that your firewall is not blocking ftp and http connection from LEA.

The repository is currently working. Check out that your firewall is not blocking ftp and http connection from LEA.

Could you elaborate

Fantastic, I had been looking for so long for such an add-on. Thanks a lot

Just two quick question

- When I load LEA I get a message that an update for Arma is available. That confuses me, as I would assume that this up-to-date by Steam. I am on the dev-branch, is this the reason?

- I did try to add a new Add-on. All went fine, except LEA points out that image file cannot be empty. Am I doing something wrong, or is this because the add-on does not provide such an image?

Thanks again

Hi,

For your first question, the message means that the LEA addon "ArmA 3" which is already included into LEA has been updated. There is nothing to see with the game. You can find LEA addon installed from menu Help -> Install new Addons.

Missing image happens when LEA is not able to resolve the path to the image from the .hpp files extracted from the pbos (see analyse folder). Most of the time it is because it pointed to an image from the ArmA 3 files. So just use an image from LEA\resources\addons\ArmA3\pictures.

Sorry If any of these were already mentioned but:

- Generate .sqf option has problems. Line in init.sqf stops it from executing further (if call leafunction is in first line then init.sqf isn't executed)

- Adding backpacks to a vehicle/crate using that option duplicates them. If i add 1 backpack and there will be 8 players i will get 9 backpacks.

Sorry If any of these were already mentioned but:

- Generate .sqf option has problems. Line in init.sqf stops it from executing further (if call leafunction is in first line then init.sqf isn't executed)

It does. The call is a function which means that execution is blocked until the script loadout-init.sqf returns (a requirement to avoid some weird things in multiplayer...thanks BIS) . Also if you have a briefing in your mission that is run from init.sqf you must put it before the call to lea function.

- Adding backpacks to a vehicle/crate using that option duplicates them. If i add 1 backpack and there will be 8 players i will get 9 backpacks.

Do you have a mission to share that show this (use make mission.pbo from LEA to export)? Are you running singler player or multiplayer?

Edited by Major_Shepard

The second bug might be because I used execVM in init to execute the loadout-init.sqf. I'll check if doing it properly fixes it.

Hi all, I would have a little question regarding the use of the LEA for the editor missions: placing the call to the script in init.sqf when you start the pre-mission briefing the map does not appear, because it is replaced. No way to fix this?

Hi,

It seems that I cannot respawn with my LEA loadout.

I made a mission using main editor > Create respawns in description.ext > Used LEA to customize loadouts > Generate loadout.sqf > Enable 'Respawn with LEA loadouts' > Make Mission.pbo > Copy Mission.pbo from pbo folder to MPMissions > Die and Respawn > Default unit gear.

Using BASE and INSTANT respawn does not matter here from testing. It might be that default helmet/gear box you mentioned in your wiki, but can you please see what's the problem here?

Thanks Major Shephard.

Edited by akaBruce

Hi,

It seems that I cannot respawn with my LEA loadout.

I made a mission using main editor > Create respawns in description.ext > Used LEA to customize loadouts > Generate loadout.sqf > Enable 'Respawn with LEA loadouts' > Make Mission.pbo > Copy Mission.pbo from pbo folder to MPMissions > Die and Respawn > Default unit gear.

Using BASE and INSTANT respawn does not matter here from testing. It might be that default helmet/gear box you mentioned in your wiki, but can you please see what's the problem here?

Thanks Major Shephard.

I have the same problem. Few days ago everything works fine, but until today, I cannot respawn with my loadout.

Regards

SnakeDog

Any addon conflict? Have you try with no addon at all?

There have been no update of LEA since first release.