major_shepard

LEA - Loadout Editor for ArmA 3

can't seem to get this mod imported.. gives me some kind of error.

can someone confirm?

And if you manage to figure it out.. please add it to the repository :D

I'm trying to get my unit's mod pack as part of the addons but it won't load them all. Are you guys going to have it where it would just look up all the mods instead of this over complex addon thing?

Could you open a ticket here and attach the file please => https://dev-heaven.net/projects/lea/issues

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

can't seem to get this mod imported.. gives me some kind of error.

can someone confirm?

And if you manage to figure it out.. please add it to the repository :D

Take care, this mod comes with different config files to launch with the game. In LEA you would have to create 1 new addon for each one. Will have a look at it ^^

so? the different configs are just for the attachments. AFAIK, LEA allows you to put whatever attachment on a weapon you want.. arma 3 will figure out if it actually works when you load the profile in-game. :p

I've added quite some addons manually, but now when I select 'all' addons in the profile editing screen, nothing shows up in the lists. I've tried restarting it. Is there anything I can share so you guys can figure out whats causing it?

not working: http://gyazo.com/73b2e31ace4d24aed97a76036caef020

working: http://gyazo.com/e03021b3a7e2fad37866b35b48c7110d

Edited by ltsThomas

If you don't run the game with the extra addons you will get in game script error message when applying profile made with these particular items.

I've added quite some addons manually, but now when I select 'all' addons in the profile editing screen, nothing shows up in the lists. I've tried restarting it. Is there anything I can share so you guys can figure out whats causing it?

not working: http://gyazo.com/73b2e31ace4d24aed97a76036caef020

working: http://gyazo.com/e03021b3a7e2fad37866b35b48c7110d

I expect there is an error with one of the addon you have added. Just remove from Install new Addons panel list and it should work fine.

The only issue I've seen so far is a doubled action menu entry when I'm in a vehicle. Otherwise, installed and works perfectly so far, SP and MP.

Noticed a few of the Carrying Capacities don't actually match in game values - likewise some objects are bigger/smaller than their Addon config suggests - I think it could be a real headache to try and balance :(

Examples the At4 mag is heavier/bigger than the config suggests, whilst the A3 Carryall back packs are at least 33% larger in capacity.

Most of the Uniforms from Massi's UK special forces packs are listed as having 40 capacity, but I think it's nearer 90. Vest as 120 I think they are nearer 240 etc etc etc.

Not sure why the LEA addon builder is not spotting that ? Did I import them wrong ?

SJ

Noticed a few of the Carrying Capacities don't actually match in game values - likewise some objects are bigger/smaller than their Addon config suggests - I think it could be a real headache to try and balance :(

Examples the At4 mag is heavier/bigger than the config suggests, whilst the A3 Carryall back packs are at least 33% larger in capacity.

Most of the Uniforms from Massi's UK special forces packs are listed as having 40 capacity, but I think it's nearer 90. Vest as 120 I think they are nearer 240 etc etc etc.

Not sure why the LEA addon builder is not spotting that ? Did I import them wrong ?

SJ

You are talking about Massi's Special Forces right? Will try to investigate ^^

Edited by Major_Shepard

Thanks for once again an excellent tool. Some questions and feedvack:

Q: Could you please enlighten us why the loadout scripts are set up like they are now? Especially the dummy function buggles me.

Feedback (few hours of testing):

1. Bluefor divers weapons are sometimes missing (haven't checked Opfor/Indep). SHow up again after restart.

2. Sniper rifles not always visible. Even when selected ALL in ADDON and FACTION. Happens after using LEA for some time. After LEA restart they are visible again

3. Weapon classes that are pre-supplied with Optics and/or muzzle are missing

4. The containers (uniform, backpack, vest) are difficult to select with right-mouse-click

5. Comment in the generated scripts "* Call the script: _dummy = [] execvm "lea\loadout.sqf";". The loadout.sqf does not exist

Nice to have's:

1. Function to exports (upload?) custom ADDONS so the community can use them as well.

2. Ability to change the units name / description

Hope this helps.

Edited by whiztler

Could you please enlighten us why the loadout scripts are set up like they are now? Especially the dummy function buggles me.

Which ones are you talking about? The ones generated when you execute the command "Generate Loadout" for injecting scritpts into the mission right?

1. Bluefor divers weapons are sometimes missing (haven't checked Opfor/Indep). SHow up again after restart.

Can't reproduce.. Be sure the faction you have selected.

2. Sniper rifles not always visible. Even when selected ALL in ADDON and FACTION. Happens after using LEA for some time. After LEA restart they are visible again

Same thing as previous. Will try to keep an eye on that.

3. Weapon classes that are pre-supplied with Optics and/or muzzle are missing

Normal. LEA does not bring these ones, and does not need them.

4. The containers (uniform, backpack, vest) are difficult to select with right-mouse-click

Do you have any alternative in mind?

5. Comment in the generated scripts "* Call the script: _dummy = [] execvm "lea\loadout.sqf";". The loadout.sqf does not exist

Right. In fact scripts have been renamed recently, that's why.

Nice to have's:

1. Function to exports (upload?) custom ADDONS so the community can use them as well.

You can. Just give it to me and I'll add it to the public repository. We won't provide any public upload to prevent from malicious actions against the repo.

But you can create your own repo, see how to in the wiki.

2. Ability to change the units name / description

Il you are talking about the mission Editor, this already exists, see the mission-makers part of the wiki.

Edited by Major_Shepard

is there a way to stop the warning pop up from showing up when I load a profile that uses a mod that Im missing? (in LEA)

I exchanged my own import from the flashbang mod with the one from the repository and now I'm getting an error with all classes.. and the flashbang's classname itsself didnt change; only the name of the pbo thus the one in the list of the profile-mods changed.

Thank you for deploying this awesome editor.

I've been trying to add another mod such as "RH M4" to this editor, but there are some truble.

I selected addon folder and destination folder, and extract them.That seemed to work.

But, at the â€Analyse†moment, this kind of error messages shown below came up.

Warning: missing picture for RH_m4

RH_M4_M203

I cannot ignore this message because this editor said pictures must no be empty.

I don't have any ideas why this error occurred, so if you have, please let me know.

You must clear the profile ^^

You sure there aint an easier way? It takes way to long to re-make 20 profiles !!

Rename your variant mod of Flasbang (use Edit button of addon install panel) and re install the original one from repositorty so that you will have both available. Then you can edit your profile by exchanging the necessary items.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Am I the only one getting a doubled action menu entry while in vehicles, then?

I am still having the issue where once the mission loads, the uniforms are wrong? Does LEA fix this bug? I know that some people say it is just a localization issue but for the life of me, I can't get it to work. To be specific, I am trying to take a normal bluefor soldier and put him into some FIA guerrilla smocks so he looks a bit more urban. I use LEA to do it and it works intermittently. I see my clothes but no one else's and eventually, we are all just wearing standard nato clothes.

thanks for the help in advance :)

DasClark

As the Wiki says, you must keep the default uniform to avoid this bug http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15298 in multiplayer game. There is no other way.

Use "Apply default wear" option from right click menu or check the Keep default uniform/helmet option for your soldiers.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Am I the only one getting a doubled action menu entry while in vehicles, then?

Confirmed bug. Will be fixed for next update.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Trying to add the mod Xmedsys, so i can build loadouts with medic gear. But i cant find some picture files, and it doesnt seem to work correct. It would be really cool if this was fixed.

Trying to add the mod Xmedsys, so i can build loadouts with medic gear. But i cant find some picture files, and it doesnt seem to work correct. It would be really cool if this was fixed.

Done. Search for XMedSys into the repository.

Now it seems that 2 pctures failed to be converted from paa to png by Pal2Pace (BI Tools). Ask the author to provide the original png files. I replaced it with pictures from ACE 2 mod for now.

A ticket has been opened: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/73513

Done. Search for XMedSys into the repository.

Now it seems that 2 pctures failed to be converted from paa to png by Pal2Pace (BI Tools). Ask the author to provide the original png files. I replaced it with pictures from ACE 2 mod for now.

A ticket has been opened: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/73513

Many thanks. Just one question. Whatever do you mean with "search for XMedsys into the repository"?