Sign in to follow this  
trevormcneill

Need help with modding MX-2A

so I am making a pair of MX-2A(Thermal monocular) and i am almost done modeling it but as i am new to modding in general i need help with the configs and porting side of it because i don't even know where to start if someone could help me directly or point me in the right direction that would be great!

also here is a render of what i have so far but it is not a finished project yet

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn170/tre543/mx-2a_render2_zpse51c4123.png (249 kB)

Edited by TrevorMcNeill
Updated image

Open up the weapons_f.pbo and take a look inside the config for the binocular class and other related stuff. Notice how the rangefinder and nvgoggles inherit from the binocular class yours will most likely do the same. You will also need a model.cfg in not really skilled enough to tell what needs to go in there, maybe look iside the recently released pubic data there must be binos in there somewhere.

Alright, so I finally found the config that included some of the information for the binoculars but I was unable to find anything pertaining to the model.cfg for the binoculars which isn't saying much because I wasn't completely sure what I was looking for. If anyone could give some insight on the matter it would be greatly appreciated. again I am completely new to this so even though I found some info not sure what to do with it but I am still reading up on it so hopefully I will find something.