Sign in to follow this  
Maio

China soft lands on the Moon

Bravo China for this achievement. BBC article

The rover will be on the moon for a while, so if anyone is interested, use this thread to post news.

Exciting times. China on the moon for the first time in 30 odd years, India on a budget trip to Mars, SpaceX doing their thing... Its gonna be a while before we're zipping around like Commander Shepard, but its awesome to see more stuff going on in space :yay:

And this time no one's doing it just to show off to their enemies, while their fingers are on the nuclear hairtrigger.

Great times and news

Been 30 years of going up onlyto look back in , its exciting to see india and china have thier turn .

I hope the Chinese look out for the Crangers and hope to see europe and the US join forces with them both in next decade so we can see some good come from it for all earth.

Let's see if they can find the US flag getting blown by the mysterious winds of space :D ... well i doubt they will !

Let's see if they can find the US flag getting blown by the mysterious winds of space :D ... well i doubt they will !

Haha I find that funny. China doesn't find the US flag on the moon. US moon landing is obviously a fake because the Chinese moon landing, which obviously couldn't also be a fake for some reason, disproves it.

Conspiracy theories aside, I doubt the Chinese will send their rover all the way to the Apollo 11 site... that's not its mission.

Also here is a map off all the landing sites: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/34/Moon_landing_sites.svg/450px-Moon_landing_sites.svg.png

Edited by Maio
its*

Haha I find that funny. China doesn't find the US flag on the moon. US moon landing is obviously a fake because the Chinese moon landing, which obviously couldn't also be a fake for some reason, disproves it.

You likely wouldn't find any American flags on the moon. They'd all be faded white after being on the surface of the moon for 40 years basking in all that UV light.

Congratulations to China. Although, they may have caused some trouble for one of NASA's current moon missions.

Small update, still waiting on HD shoots :)

Pffffft. Yuri crushed the flag a long time ago. ;)

(Though in seriousness, not even the astronauts expect the flag to be there like people think it is. The flag was next to the lander, right? Well, when that sucker ignited and sent them back into orbit it blew the flag over. Nobody ever had the heart to tell that to the American media though.)

Congratulations for China. It is great success for this country.

Humanity spends on military much and much more, than on space programs. Maybe Chinese rivalry to Russian and US programs make all move to the building of Enterprise a little faster)))

pending mass production of moon rocks

hahahaha, I see what ya did there ;)

I´ve read that one of the solar panels is malfunctioning and that this means that the rabbit will be dead in less than a month.

I'm willing to bet 99.9% of the credit goes to Russia.

China just paid them lot's of money to get them there and agree not to take any credit for any of it.