Sign in to follow this  
_FR_starfox64

Very low FPS

holy cow !

You got it up to a whopping 52% , (@ PEAK!) while using a BENCHMARK

LOL , what IS your point ? If you're trying to show that the arma engine is not horrible, then you are not helping yourself man :D:D

p.s : And OMG @ that resolution ! CPU usage should be 100% on ALL CORES with those low graphic settings !!!

And what's that command line about . Do you need to tell the game there's 4 cores available ? I certainly hope not, and you don't because it does nothing.

Edited by Game__On

to op I have same cpu running @ 4ghz u should definitely overclock it that's the best u can do for your fps ... and u can make sacrifices to ctulhu and hope hi spook's arma devs to actually do something to the problem ;)

Here is my point , how the game looks after 2h 30" on Multiplayer on the same rig I made the bench on a training mission with my game team on Stratis

- 53 FPS

- core 1 : 81%

- core 2 : 29%

- core 3 : 13%

- core 4 : 10%

- GPU usage : 81%

Feeling it's not so bad ...

5a6d.jpg

@ _FR_Starfox64 : Multi player is showing many issues having different origins.

First, there is the game itself, the way it's managing MP and the way BIS software is managing servers.

Then there are servers themselves. As there are no official servers, most of the servers are hosted by Game Team or players themselves.

Some of those servers are hosted by pros, managed by skilled and dedicated admins, featuring well built multi-tested missions such as Domination, Insurgency, AW_Invade_&_Annex, BE Warfare ...

Some of those server are hosted by people, on makeshift rigs often featuring more or less well built missions behind DSL connexion.

So speaking about server quality there is a wide range from quite good to total crap.

So if you rig works quite well in SP and not so well in MP, there is probably no solution on your side.

Of course, you can tweak your settings in order to get the maximum juice from your hardware, as I have done.

That's what I want to show in my previous post.

You will find that the limits are near, you have not too much room for improvements

You must wait enhancements from BIS and fly away from crappy servers

Edited by OldBear

So, basically there's no way to get this game to run smoothly?

Ding Ding Ding We have a winner. If I were you I wouldn't upgrade your system JUST to play this game because it won't make much of a difference.

@ {Op4}Gurky : the point is quite subjective ... I am playing every day Arma3 for hours and enjoying smooth playing ... from my point of view.

Arma3 is a CPU demanding game, so you must get the best 4 cores you can get, probably an i5 2***/3***/4***.

Arma3 is GPU demanding game, so you must get a mid/high end graphic card from HD 7870-R9 270X/GTX 660Ti to R9 280X/GTX 770.

Arma3 need RAM and 64bits OS, so 8Go + Windows 7-64 is recommended

Arma3 is a disk-access hungry game, so SSD is recommended

So to play Arma3 over 45 FPS in SP and over 35 FPS in MP, you will need more hardware muscle than for any other game ... freedom comes at a price. Tanstaafl !

Thanks for the reply, I'm currently running

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor 3.21 GHz

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OS

8.00 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580

250GB SSD

Good enough to run most games that are out on the market right now, and I had ARMA2 running smooth as silk. I know AMD isn't the best option, so eventually i'll have to cross over to Intel. I wasn't trying to be a whiner or pessimistic, but it's frustrating when you have a system that's way over the minimum requirements, and you're running everything on low, and averaging 23 FPS. Time to start saving. Thanks again.

@ {Op4}Gurky : what I found the most frustrating is that I am unable to play MP on a rig built along "Minimum" official specs.

In the past it has been said ... "if you can play Arma 2, you will be able to play Arma 3" and this is only half-truth.

Of course you can play Arma 3 on a "Minimum" specs rig, but only in SP, MP is unreacheable as I have shown there in a short review.

Arma* games are a different kind of games, CPU dependent and having an extensive/intensive usage of one core.

So, at the moment, the best CPU to master this situation is a quad core Intel i5 2***/3***/4*** with the highest boost on one core.

I suggest you have a look at CPU hierarchy related to Arma* [of course the chart is related to Arma2:OA but RV Engine is RV Engine ..].

source : AMD FX 4350 et FX 6350 en test (in French)

Edited by OldBear