Sign in to follow this  
irishpride

Gathering Mod Team for large Sino-American War mod

you are wrong on a few levels with the important one being..

Forum: ARMA 3 - ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION

This forum is for discussing addons or mods that are currently work in progress, as well as for discussing ideas or requests for addons.

As soon as content is released even if Alpha state, the thread should then be moved to A&M:Complete (PM a moderator with the link).

I've seen plenty of threads like these and some have actually gotten of the ground granted there had been some work already done up front like the Falklands era mod and an awesome stalker MOD where things are slightly reversed. The point is I'm actually interested in this and think it's a great idea, i get where it may end up but that's really up to the OP to sell the dream.

Edited by Katipo66

you are wrong on a few levels with the important one being..

I've seen plenty of threads like these and some have actually gotten of the ground granted there had been some work already done up front like the Falklands era mod and an awesome stalker MOD where things are slightly reversed. The point is I'm actually interested in this and think it's a great idea, i get where it may end up but that's really up to the OP to sell the dream.

Exactly,this part of the forum is "DISCUSSION" for addons and mods. On another note, i completely agree with where antoineflemming is coming from, it may seem like i'm just trying to make a shot for the money, but i can not say it enough, my main goal in making this thread was to inspire other people to help me get this mod STARTED and FINISHED, when i said it could be a possible contest submission, that was simply to provide some extra incentive for modders to want to be a part of it. If the whole contest submission thing is so controversial, then so be it, i'll throw that part out. Honestly i can care less about the money, i get by just fine, AND even if we were to submit and win, i assure you i wouldn't take it all and run, i would have BIS divide it up fairly.

Edited by irishpride

You are posting in a public forum of a game. His comments are just as justified as you making a thread here. Nothing cynical about it

Indeed, but i'm pretty sure most people would say his way of implying those things was rather negative, and unnecessary.

And you think making a thread about it IS initiative? Making something on the other hand...

well not only have i made a thread, i've also sent several pm's to notable modders asking for various things that would be a lot of help (several terrain makers, Massi for his USMC unit's, the guy who made the PLA mod, etc.) and the main part of the mod will be the unit's/factions, which i have no idea where to begin working on

I would know better than you what references are easier to come by than others.

Fair enough, i'm sure you do? What is the point of this statement?

That is left to be seen. I won't hold my breath though...

Again, what's the point of saying this besides inciting further argument?

With an emphasis on HIRE, which is the incentive in that case. In this particular case, people joining "the idea: don't provide monetary gain. So your example is really moot. So what is your incentive here?

Moreso, i for once always have a background check for the firms that want to hire me, or the people who require my services for that matter. It is important to know who you are working for.

First of all, the word "HIRE" was used in the example, i don't intend on "HIRING" anyone. Secondly, I have now edited the OP to say that this is not going to take part in the MANW contest. Lastly, anybody who is interested in helping out can check me all they like, i have no problem with that as i have already stated that i have no solid modding experience.

all i can say is that you have a crooked view about modding...

What exactly is so "crooked"? I can use what i DO know to contribute, and any other modders on the team could check to make sure anything i've done is up to par.

So this can't be really called "experience", at least not in my books.

Fair enough, that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it.

But this is precisely how i (and it seems i am not the only one here), reads it.

Again, i apologize if i may have come off that way, but i assure that was not my intentions, and have tried my best to convey that.

Then it is an addon request. Moreso, if you'd had a start of some sort, showing your own interest in actually making this thing, and the requesting help, it would be different.

True, but obviously we are a little beyond that point by now.

If you'd get anyone willing to help but not willing to participate in MANW, it would be exactly the same thing. But then again, one of the conditions you had is that you want to subscribe it in MANW.

Moreso, you already made a duplicate of this very thread in that part of subforum.

I didn't mean for it to be a "condition", more like an extra incentive, IF anyone was interested. Also, i have requested that the thread be deleted from that subforum.

Again, there is no pun intended, but please don't act like i've been born yesterday.

Best of luck either way

And for one last note, what is your point in denouncing this? What is your endgame here? It seems your whole goal here is to, instead of helping me correct the situation, to derail the mod, and to denounce me, as well as try to make yourself seem above me in some way. You denouncing me and expressing all these opinions is, in no way, going to make me give up and go sit in the corner, so why even bother following this post if you're not going to help or show any interest whatsoever?

Edited by irishpride

Far from it. I have nothing against you personally, or your idea for that matter. I have nothing to gain, nor to lose. I was making arguments based on the original post, which you have edited, i assume, based on this very discussion.

I am/was, as previously stated, genuinely curious about your type of approach, mainly becase this sort of thread happens quite often. You were just the one i asked about it.

That said, i wish you good luck once more

Far from it. I have nothing against you personally, or your idea for that matter. I have nothing to gain, nor to lose. I was making arguments based on the original post, which you have edited, i assume, based on this very discussion.

I am/was, as previously stated, genuinely curious about your type of approach, mainly becase this sort of thread happens quite often. You were just the one i asked about it.

That said, i wish you good luck once more

Oh, well i am somewhat new around here, and i didn't realize these types of threads were so common, and i apologize to anyone who sees it as an annoyance, and thank you for the good luck, seems i'll need it.

You have to get Fromz definitely on board

I asked fromz, he declined because he is working on his own PLA stuff :((

http://www.chinavme.com/forum.php

Vmechina are a good community who would want to help...

I would love to have help, although i hope they speak english haha