Sign in to follow this  
irishpride

Gathering Mod Team for large Sino-American War mod

Hello all, i'm currently looking for experienced modelers, texture makers, terrain makers, scripters, etc. for a large Sino-American War mod. I've been wanting a COMPLETE China-U.S. War mod for quite some time, and have been steadily learning to mod for a couple months(mainly terrain creation) but i would need some help to complete this mod in a feasible amount of time. If interested, please feel free to send me a pm or comment below.

Mod Description

The Mod will be based on a fictional war in 2020 between the U.S. and China, and will add a modern day USMC faction, and PLA faction with their respective modern day assets. The factions are based on the Marines of each nation. The pack will also include a Terrain based on islands in the South and East China Seas.

Team Requirements:

must have some amount of experience modding. or willing to help in some way(references, models, anything of assistance).

Planned Modifications:

-Modern Era(2013-2020) USMC faction including units, vehicles, and weapons/accessories

-Modern Era(2013-202) PLA(People's Liberation Army) Marines faction including units, vehicles, and weapons/accessories

-All new island based on islands in the South and East China Seas

Planned Addon List (May be expanded/revised later):

USMC:

-USMC units and gear

-Modern USMC weapons and accessories

Vehicles:

-Air:

F-35B Lightning II

AH-1Z Viper

UH-1Y Venom

CH-53E Super Stallion

Ch-46 Sea Knight

-Armor/Light Armor:

M1A2 Abrams

LAV-25

AAVP-7A1

-Wheeled:

MRAP- CougarH OR CougarHE

MRAP- M-ATV(already in-game, A.K.A. "HUNTER")

PLA:

-PLAMC (Marines) units and gear

-Current PLA weapons and accessories

Vehicles:

-Air:

J-20 Dragoon

Z-10 Thunder

Z-9 Haitun

Z-8 Super Hornet

Mi-17 Hip

-Armor/Light Armor:

Type 99

ZBD-09

ZBD-05

-Wheeled:

WZ-531

ZFB-05

Other:

I'll most likely be adding some static amphibious operations ships (LHD, LPD for ex.) for use by the USMC faction

Possible Additions:

-Mainland China terrain?

-Additional Islands?

-Accompanying Campaign?

-Independent Faction(s)?

Workflow Plan:

I plan on starting small by working on the two main factions first, then when each is stable, we'll then be adding weapons, vehicles, terrains etc. etc.

Final Note, this project WILL NOT be apart of the MANW contest until further notice.

Sooo Let me know what you guys think! :)

Edited by irishpride
controversial statements in previous post?

Most'll base the story around BF4 and chuck the Russians into the fight. If you've already started working on the content, posting a few screenshots here should attract people.

Most'll base the story around BF4 and chuck the Russians into the fight. If you've already started working on the content, posting a few screenshots here should attract people.

yeah, i'm thinking about adding the russian faction in as independents or something, and i don't really have any work to show yet haha, this is still a concept

Edited by irishpride

yeah, i'm thinking about adding the russian faction in as independents or something

Have those 3 nations on each of the sides. US - BLUFOR, Russia - Indi, China - OPFOR. This way, a 3 way conflict is possible.

Have those 3 nations on each of the sides. US - BLUFOR, Russia - Indi, China - OPFOR. This way, a 3 way conflict is possible.

Yeah that was my plan, say you wouldn't happen to have any experience with creating new units would you? haha

So this is an alternate universe to BI's Arma 3 alternate universe?

How much experience do you have with the engine?

This would take place about 10-15 years before the ArmA 3 time frame

How much experience do you have with the engine?

I have made a few simple small terrains, and have read through various tutorials, but i haven't gotten anything into the game yet

Yes. I mentioned BF4.

Yeah that was my plan, say you wouldn't happen to have any experience with creating new units would you? haha

Some. I shall also show you my ideas for this as I had plans for such a mod.

Edited by Modder

This has partly been done as what I do is use Massi's USM and the PLA mods units for my version of a WW3 Pacific war but they lack vehicles and maps I have a great interest in something like this as having relations in Taiwan means that the politics about China and US interest me but unfortunately I haven't modded anything nor have the time so I can't help at the moment but I would love to see this mod come true and have some good places for maps I can think of.

The idea sounds interesting. If the mod goes forward, I could create some missions for it, maybe even a campaign if i had the time.

I guess that a war in the yellow sea could be quite feasible, the main belligerents could be China ( with North Korea ) vs US ( with Japan and South Korea ), as stated before Russia could also take part.

You could ask support from the actual PLA mod and Sudden's Russians.

I guess there could be 4 maps one for each country/area in which a war in the far-east would be possible and be fought over:

1. North Korea/ South Korea border area, it could be composed of the border and towns / areas around it. This would represent a battle over Korea.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTYjCkEVyujCF3JNZC83AmXR_gFMtMrvihIumchcFPogIA3v4c

2. Mainland China, there are many places in China that could be done so IDK which place could be chosen.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c8/Rice_terraces,_Guilin,_China.jpg (6833 kB)

Rice Paddies anyone?

3. Japan and/or nearby Japanese Islands (Okinawa, Iwo Jima.) If a war in the far east was to happen and China caused it Japan would be a huge target due to US bases on it and it's use of a Airbase on the islands (like Okinawa) So for China to succede in any battle in the sea between China and Taiwan and even to stop attacks on Chinese soil by Aircraft even if there is no US fleet China would have to attack Japan and the Islands.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-Fdy8qgYA5uJgajMOatbaUlbfWf9DBRVJRWPrniR4Poc2YVz2Xw

Second battle of Okinawa? Beautul sea perfect for Arma 3.

4. Taiwan, China has always stated that they aim to re-take Taiwan back preferably through peaceful means but have said through force if necessary. Due to it's relations with the US Taiwan could be used as one of the closest areas to launch and invasion against China and of course as an Airbase. With Taiwan being one of the main places to cause a war which China could start it would be a great place for a map and hasn't been used as a setting for a game much before.

http://www.hcijournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/taiwan.jpg (108 kB)

A map fighting around the massive skyscraper of Taipei 101? (Probably too much work let alone strain on systems XD)

Yes. I mentioned BF4.

Some. I shall also show you my ideas for this as I had plans for such a mod.

I actually drew inspiration for this from BF4, as you've probably guessed. And i'm open to any idea you have, send me a PM if you'd like or just comment your ideas below.

This has partly been done as what I do is use Massi's USM and the PLA mods units for my version of a WW3 Pacific war but they lack vehicles and maps I have a great interest in something like this as having relations in Taiwan means that the politics about China and US interest me but unfortunately I haven't modded anything nor have the time so I can't help at the moment but I would love to see this mod come true and have some good places for maps I can think of.

I have messaged both the guy who made the PLA mod for ArmA 3, as well as Massi asking if they would be interested in helping, and as i said, i'm open to any ideas you may have :)

I guess there could be 4 maps one for each country/area in which a war in the far-east would be possible and be fought over:

1. North Korea/ South Korea border area, it could be composed of the border and towns / areas around it. This would represent a battle over Korea.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTYjCkEVyujCF3JNZC83AmXR_gFMtMrvihIumchcFPogIA3v4c

2. Mainland China, there are many places in China that could be done so IDK which place could be chosen.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c8/Rice_terraces,_Guilin,_China.jpg (6833 kB)

Rice Paddies anyone?

3. Japan and/or nearby Japanese Islands (Okinawa, Iwo Jima.) If a war in the far east was to happen and China caused it Japan would be a huge target due to US bases on it and it's use of a Airbase on the islands (like Okinawa) So for China to succede in any battle in the sea between China and Taiwan and even to stop attacks on Chinese soil by Aircraft even if there is no US fleet China would have to attack Japan and the Islands.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-Fdy8qgYA5uJgajMOatbaUlbfWf9DBRVJRWPrniR4Poc2YVz2Xw

Second battle of Okinawa? Beautul sea perfect for Arma 3.

4. Taiwan, China has always stated that they aim to re-take Taiwan back preferably through peaceful means but have said through force if necessary. Due to it's relations with the US Taiwan could be used as one of the closest areas to launch and invasion against China and of course as an Airbase. With Taiwan being one of the main places to cause a war which China could start it would be a great place for a map and hasn't been used as a setting for a game much before.

http://www.hcijournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/taiwan.jpg (108 kB)

A map fighting around the massive skyscraper of Taipei 101? (Probably too much work let alone strain on systems XD)

Yeah super dense cities and such would come way down the road as it would take a huge amount of new buildings and stuff to be modeled into the game, but as for your other ideas, sounds very interesting, at first I'd like to make a terrain based on islands like Ishigaki, or Iriomoti, or something similar for the "flashpoint" to begin.

The idea sounds interesting. If the mod goes forward, I could create some missions for it, maybe even a campaign if i had the time.

I guess that a war in the yellow sea could be quite feasible, the main belligerents could be China ( with North Korea ) vs US ( with Japan and South Korea ), as stated before Russia could also take part.

You could ask support from the actual PLA mod and Sudden's Russians.

I've asked support from the PLA mod, and Massi but not Sudden quite yet, i'm mainly focusing on the two MAIN factions (US and China). Any other factions (Russia, North Korea, South Korea, and Japan) would come wayyy later down the line as the main mods would probably take up to a year or more to finish. Feel free to send me a PM about ideas you have for a campaign, as i would love to implement that into the mod, and i need as many team members as i can get :)

---------- Post added at 21:16 ---------- Previous post was at 21:13 ----------

What about ANZAC, Japan, or the 2 Koreas?
I don't really plan on having ANZAC involved, but it is a possibility, as for Japan and Koreas, they are definitely a possibility, but would be added way later down the line.

H have been steadily learning to mod for a couple months(mainly terrain creation) but i would need some help to complete this mod in a feasible amount of time. If a team of modders and i could complete a stable version of this mod I would love to submit it as an entry into the Make ArmA Not War Contest.

Team Requirements:

must have an abunduntabundant amount of experience modding, and some sort of portfolio/credit, for mods you've created or been a part of.

Planned Modifications:

~a ton~

Let me know what you guys think! :)

I will start with a question? Do you have any sort of finished content? WIP maybe?

I for one think that, as it happens recently, there have been a number of similar threads to yours, all of which say the following:

the OP might know little to nothing about modding in general, and A3 in particular, but i have this idea, which is far from being original, it's actually based on (insert game here), BUT (and here is the big mystery, at least for me, as to why would you think anyone would need YOU for such an endeavor, especially since you request experienced modders, that are to show YOU (who, again, have shown nothing so far) their portfolios and works they have done so far.

There is no pun intended here, i am genuinely curious as to why you think anyone would take you serious...

This would take place about 10-15 years before the ArmA 3 time frame

I have made a few simple small terrains, and have read through various tutorials, but i haven't gotten anything into the game yet

But Russia vs China is alternate to Arma 3's story, that's why I asked. Russia and China would be allies. They wouldn't fight each other BF style in this story or the real world. I mean, it'd be no problem if this was alternate to the vanilla story. Was just wondering.

Does make more sense to have US vs China, with maybe Japan in some small capacity. As, in 10 - 15 years, conflict over the China-Japan dispute is probably more likely than dispute over Taiwan or conflict on the Korean Peninsula.

I will start with a question? Do you have any sort of finished content? WIP maybe?

I for one think that, as it happens recently, there have been a number of similar threads to yours, all of which say the following:

the OP might know little to nothing about modding in general, and A3 in particular, but i have this idea, which is far from being original, it's actually based on (insert game here), BUT (and here is the big mystery, at least for me, as to why would you think anyone would need YOU for such an endeavor, especially since you request experienced modders, that are to show YOU (who, again, have shown nothing so far) their portfolios and works they have done so far.

There is no pun intended here, i am genuinely curious as to why you think anyone would take you serious...

As i have stated in my other thread:

Yes i don't have much experience with modding, but that doesn't mean i can't have a QUALITY addon.... i am just putting an idea forward, and if people are willing to help teach me, then i would be more than willing to learn so that i can help out and contribute more. No need to be cynical about it.

I am merely putting a "CONCEPT" forward, and gauging interest in a mod of this sort. Yes, the idea may not be "original", but i haven't seen something such a COMPLETE modification like this, rather some units/weapons here or their, and i am yet to see a Asia(China/Japan/Korea specifically) style terrain. I do have some experience myself, but not enough to take the project on alone and make a high quality addon (Most of my knowledge applies to terrain making). I do not necessarily HAVE to be a part of it, if anyone is interested they can feel free to use the ideas to take on the project themselves. I am just trying to gather people who could make the best possible version, the main reason i want to take part is to learn more, expand my knowledge base, and to give something to the community, as i have said to Bushlurker, who provided great incite into this idea, it is still a "CONCEPT" and not set in stone, i plan on starting small by developing each faction, then when they are good enough to release, they will be. THEN, the project will expand with vehicles, terrains, campaigns, and so on... I'm not trying to become some big project leader, rather i'm focused on developing this idea into a solid mod, with help from experienced modders. Lastly, as to the portfolios/credits, these would only apply to people who i've never seen or heard of before, to ensure the mod is of the highest quality possible.

I have no WIP to show, because the only aspect of the mod i'm experienced in, won't be developed until later down the line, when we have a solid idea, and base, to work off of.

---------- Post added at 22:39 ---------- Previous post was at 22:20 ----------

But Russia vs China is alternate to Arma 3's story, that's why I asked. Russia and China would be allies. They wouldn't fight each other BF style in this story or the real world. I mean, it'd be no problem if this was alternate to the vanilla story. Was just wondering.

Does make more sense to have US vs China, with maybe Japan in some small capacity. As, in 10 - 15 years, conflict over the China-Japan dispute is probably more likely than dispute over Taiwan or conflict on the Korean Peninsula.

Well, as for Russia and China becoming adversaries, i think it actually COULD be possible. Russian (although allies with China) since the cold war, has feared China's rising influence, and their development into a world power. IF they did ever become adversaries, it would most likely be because of China's territorial claims in Russia's far east coast, similar to China's disputes over Taiwan, and several Islands in the South China Sea. Some more information related to this can be found found in an article online called "Russia fears embrace of giant eastern neighbor".

The article says:

"But while China and Russia have much in common, including a mutual fear of separatism and Islamic radicalism, there are also signal differences. Despite last week's exercises, and a visit to Russia by Hu Jintao, the Chinese president, in June, politicians in Moscow harbour a deep-seated fear of China - in particular, of Chinese encroachment.

Russian TV recently claimed that Beijing has drawn up a secret plan. According to this top-secret blueprint, China is determined to grab back Russia's remote, but vast, far east region. China's strategy includes persuading migrants to settle in Russia, marry local women and steal or co-opt local businesses.

Russia's far east has always been the most strategically vulnerable part of Moscow's fissiparous imperium, in what is the world's biggest country. Some 6,100km (3,800 miles) and an eight-hour flight from Moscow, the far east is home to just 6.5 million Russian citizens. Next door, across the Amur river in north-eastern China, there are 107 million Chinese. Given this demographic imbalance, there is a primordial fear in the Russian imagination that China will eventually try to steal back the Europe-sized far east of Russia - a region rich in mineral resources, trees, coal and fish. The salmon alone are an attractive target. A quarter of the world's Pacific salmon spawn in the volcanic Kamchatka peninsula. According to the Russian TV scenario, Beijing is furtively plotting to undo the Russian colonisation of the Pacific coastal region, started in the 18th century by tsarist-era adventurers. The area's original inhabitants were Chinese. These early nomads eked out a meagre living while dodging the tigers that still haunt the Sikhote-Alin mountains.

In reality, the relationship is far more fascinating than the baseless fears of Russia's nationalists. Over the past decade the number of Chinese migrants working in Russia's far east has actually fallen. In Moscow, the authorities have recently shut down the capital's enormous Cherkizovsky market, turfing thousands of Chinese out of a job. The huge bazaar was home to Chinese traders selling billions of dollars-worth of grey-sector goods. (According to China's Xinhua agency, losses from Wenzhou in Zhejiang province alone amount to more than $800m, after Russian police confiscated their stocks.) Some 150 Chinese workers have been deported since the market was closed on 29 June." http://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/aug/02/china-russia-relationship

Edited by irishpride

You should also ask FHQ if you can use his M4's and accesorys that way you get one of the best M4 and M16s as well as realistic accesorys for the US side as I always use his guns on Massis USMC units.

As i have stated in my other thread:

Yes i don't have much experience with modding, but that doesn't mean i can't have a QUALITY addon.... i am just putting an idea forward, and if people are willing to help teach me, then i would be more than willing to learn so that i can help out and contribute more. No need to be cynical about it.

He wasn't being cynical. He stating the obvious: withoug experince, into whatever you want to achieve, you won't be able to quality addon from the get go, as you'd want.

"people" are not here to teach, are here to help. Most of the learning comes, as with anything else in this world, with hands on experience. Things works this way around here (or used to for that matter): ones asked punctual question about where he/she got stuck and he (hopefully) gets and answer. Ussually the one asking made some sort of progress using the existing samples/information etc.

I am merely putting a "CONCEPT" forward, and gauging interest in a mod of this sort.

There is obviously interest on the same conceptual level, i am sure

Yes, the idea may not be "original", but i haven't seen something such a COMPLETE modification like this, rather some units/weapons here or their, and i am yet to see a Asia(China/Japan/Korea specifically) style terrain.

And i doubt you'll see one for some time. Case of point, references for PLA is way harder to get by than for say, US armed forces. But i digress.

I do have some experience myself, but not enough to take the project on alone and make a high quality addon (Most of my knowledge applies to terrain making).

You just confirmed what you previously considered a cynical reply... ("Yes i don't have much experience with modding, but that doesn't mean i can't have a QUALITY addon")

I do not necessarily HAVE to be a part of it, if anyone is interested they can feel free to use the ideas to take on the project themselves. I am just trying to gather people who could make the best possible version, the main reason i want to take part is to learn more, expand my knowledge base, and to give something to the community, as i have said to Bushlurker, who provided great incite into this idea, it is still a "CONCEPT" and not set in stone, i plan on starting small by developing each faction, then when they are good enough to release, they will be. THEN, the project will expand with vehicles, terrains, campaigns, and so on... I'm not trying to become some big project leader, rather i'm focused on developing this idea into a solid mod, with help from experienced modders.

By posting in Make ArmA not War subforum part, you contradicted yourself. I wouldn't have even bothered nagging you in any sort of way otherwise.

Lastly, as to the portfolios/credits, these would only apply to people who i've never seen or heard of before,

No one has ever seen or heard of you before you made this very thread either.

to ensure the mod is of the highest quality possible.

You realize if things would (hypothetically of course) go your way, insuring the highest quality possible would mean to "fire" your own self, don't you?

I have no WIP to show, because the only aspect of the mod i'm experienced in, won't be developed until later down the line, when we have a solid idea, and base, to work off of.

Convenient. Even so, if you are experienced with terrain making, you surely have some test done already, otherwise, how would you be experience with it in the first place? Care to share some of those? And who is we in your sentance anyways? A hypothetical future "we" i suppose, isn't it?

---------- Post added at 00:57 ---------- Previous post was at 00:56 ----------

You should also ask FHQ if you can use his M4's and accesorys that way you get one of the best M4 and M16s as well as realistic accesorys for the US side as I always use his guns on Massis USMC units.

He can't use another people addons if he wants to take part in MANW contest...

He wasn't being cynical. He stating the obvious: withoug experince, into whatever you want to achieve, you won't be able to quality addon from the get go, as you'd want.

"people" are not here to teach, are here to help. Most of the learning comes, as with anything else in this world, with hands on experience. Things works this way around here (or used to for that matter): ones asked punctual question about where he/she got stuck and he (hopefully) gets and answer. Ussually the one asking made some sort of progress using the existing samples/information etc.

He was being cynical in the way he implied the above^ If he is so tired of reading or seeing these posts, then he doesn't have to read them..

There is obviously interest on the same conceptual level, i am sure

Exactly, and because there is an interest by the community, then why not try to get this mod developed? Nothing will get done without some sort of initiative.

And i doubt you'll see one for some time. Case of point, references for PLA is way harder to get by than for say, US armed forces. But i digress.

On this we can agree, certain references are hard to acquire, but it still seems feasible to create something as close as possible to the real thing with the references that ARE available.

You just confirmed what you previously considered a cynical reply... ("Yes i don't have much experience with modding, but that doesn't mean i can't have a QUALITY addon")
I don't see how i confirmed that? I was saying that even though I MYSELF, don't have an abundant amount of experience, i can still gather people who DO have experience that would be able to create something with HIGH QUALITY.
By posting in Make ArmA not War subforum part, you contradicted yourself. I wouldn't have even bothered nagging you in any sort of way otherwise.

Well as i said to Bushlurker:

"About entering the contest, that would be on the backburner, i mostly want to make the mod simply for the community. An entry into the contest would be something extra, IF a completed stable build is available within the time frame, and IF the team agrees as a whole."
No one has ever seen or heard of you before you made this very thread either.

True, but the point of looking at their work is to make sure the addon is HIGH QUALITY.

For example, say, if a lawyer was trying to get hired at a firm, the firm would want to see some cases the lawyer has worked on, to make sure he has valid experience, EVEN if the lawyer had never heard of the firm before.

You realize if things would (hypothetically of course) go your way, insuring the highest quality possible would mean to "fire" your own self, don't you?

This is simply not true, i can still make contributions under the guidance of other more experienced modders.

Convenient. Even so, if you are experienced with terrain making, you surely have some test done already, otherwise, how would you be experience with it in the first place? Care to share some of those? And who is we in your sentance anyways? A hypothetical future "we" i suppose, isn't it?

Well so far i have created height maps, configs, etc. and have a basic grasp on creating the terrain, but i haven't yet completed one, or tested one in-game.

He can't use another people addons if he wants to take part in MANW contest...

Again:

"About entering the contest, that would be on the backburner, i mostly want to make the mod simply for the community. An entry into the contest would be something extra, IF a completed stable build is available within the time frame, and IF the team agrees as a whole."

If this is just a concept idea, then it's not WIP, and therefore not appropriate for its own thread. Honestly, you should have just made a post in the Addon Request thread. There, you'd get a feel for who would be interested in making an addon based off of your idea. Because, based on your own comments - "If a team of modders and i could complete a stable version of this mod I would love to submit it as an entry into the Make ArmA Not War Contest" - sounds like you want to get that monetary reward and want a bunch of modders to make you a mod (with your direction/guidance) to get you there. Might be cynical/skeptical. Might be misjudging. But that's really what it seems like here. So my suggestion? Drop this thread, and this whole experienced-modders-plus-me idea (which is really just a situation where a few experienced addon makers make your addon and you get your name attached to it, so you can say you helped make a mod -> enter into the contest), and request an addon in the Addon Request thread with your idea in your first post. If a group of people run with it, great (like PuFu, I fail to see how anyone would include you in that mod team though). If not, then oh well.

Oh, and "Exactly, and because there is an interest by the community, then why not try to get this mod developed? Nothing will get done without some sort of initiative."

That'd be the purpose of the Addon Request Thread.

If this is just a concept idea, then it's not WIP, and therefore not appropriate for its own thread. Honestly, you should have just made a post in the Addon Request thread. There, you'd get a feel for who would be interested in making an addon based off of your idea. Because, based on your own comments - "If a team of modders and i could complete a stable version of this mod I would love to submit it as an entry into the Make ArmA Not War Contest" - sounds like you want to get that monetary reward and want a bunch of modders to make you a mod (with your direction/guidance) to get you there. Might be cynical/skeptical. Might be misjudging. But that's really what it seems like here. So my suggestion? Drop this thread, and this whole experienced-modders-plus-me idea (which is really just a situation where a few experienced addon makers make your addon and you get your name attached to it, so you can say you helped make a mod -> enter into the contest), and request an addon in the Addon Request thread with your idea in your first post. If a group of people run with it, great (like PuFu, I fail to see how anyone would include you in that mod team though). If not, then oh well.

Oh, and "Exactly, and because there is an interest by the community, then why not try to get this mod developed? Nothing will get done without some sort of initiative."

I'll try to edit my original post and i'll submit it to the Request thread too,

But in light of my original post, it was not meant to be an "experienced-modders-plus-me idea (which is really just a situation where a few experienced addon makers make your addon and you get your name attached to it, so you can say you helped make a mod -> enter into the contest)". The MAIN point of the addon is to simply get it created, BUT i would also like to help with it as much as i can, and get some more relevant experience in modding, so that i can apply that experience in future projects i think of, INSTEAD of having to rely on others so much. And if i were to get say, Bushlurker to help out, i wouldn't be able to submit it anyway, as I'm pretty sure BIS neither BISim employees are allowed to participate in the contest.

He was being cynical in the way he implied the above^ If he is so tired of reading or seeing these posts, then he doesn't have to read them..

You are posting in a public forum of a game. His comments are just as justified as you making a thread here. Nothing cynical about it

Exactly, and because there is an interest by the community, then why not try to get this mod developed? Nothing will get done without some sort of initiative.

And you think making a thread about it IS initiative? Making something on the other hand...

On this we can agree, certain references are hard to acquire, but it still seems feasible to create something as close as possible to the real thing with the references that ARE available.

I would know better than you what references are easier to come by than others.

I don't see how i confirmed that? I was saying that even though I MYSELF, don't have an abundant amount of experience, i can still gather people who DO have experience that would be able to create something with HIGH QUALITY.

That is left to be seen. I won't hold my breath though...

True, but the point of looking at their work is to make sure the addon is HIGH QUALITY.

For example, say, if a lawyer was trying to get hired at a firm, the firm would want to see some cases the lawyer has worked on, to make sure he has valid experience, EVEN if the lawyer had never heard of the firm before.

With an emphasis on HIRE, which is the incentive in that case. In this particular case, people joining "the idea: don't provide monetary gain. So your example is really moot. So what is your incentive here?

Moreso, i for once always have a background check for the firms that want to hire me, or the people who require my services for that matter. It is important to know who you are working for.

This is simply not true, i can still make contributions under the guidance of other more experienced modders.

all i can say is that you have a crooked view about modding...

Well so far i have created height maps, configs, etc. and have a basic grasp on creating the terrain, but i haven't yet completed one, or tested one in-game.

So this can't be really called "experience", at least not in my books.

I'll try to edit my original post and i'll submit it to the Request thread too,

But in light of my original post, it was not meant to be an "experienced-modders-plus-me idea (which is really just a situation where a few experienced addon makers make your addon and you get your name attached to it, so you can say you helped make a mod -> enter into the contest)".

But this is precisely how i (and it seems i am not the only one here), reads it.

The MAIN point of the addon is to simply get it created, BUT i would also like to help with it as much as i can, and get some more relevant experience in modding, so that i can apply that experience in future projects i think of, INSTEAD of having to rely on others so much.

Then it is an addon request. Moreso, if you'd had a start of some sort, showing your own interest in actually making this thing, and the requesting help, it would be different.

And if i were to get say, Bushlurker to help out, i wouldn't be able to submit it anyway, as I'm pretty sure BIS neither BISim employees are allowed to participate in the contest.

If you'd get anyone willing to help but not willing to participate in MANW, it would be exactly the same thing. But then again, one of the conditions you had is that you want to subscribe it in MANW.

Moreso, you already made a duplicate of this very thread in that part of subforum.

Again, there is no pun intended, but please don't act like i've been born yesterday.

Best of luck either way

Edited by PuFu
wishes

It's his idea/wish/dream why not simply ignore rather than attempt to derail?

This topic is not a WIP addons. And that's really all that needs to be said. It's place is in the addons request thread, and I've only made ONE post making that point. That is hardly derailing. You know, this isn't the first thread like this. Remember that EU thread that was getting things together for a mod, without any WIP work? Where is that project now? Nowhere because it was never WIP. If the point is to solicit someone else to make an addon, then that's an addons request and belongs in the appropriate thread. To the OP: produce something WIP related to this mod that will interest someone enough to actually participate.