Sign in to follow this  
irishpride

Looking for Experienced Modding Team (Possible Make Arma Contest Submission)

Hello all, i'm currently looking for experienced modelers, texture makers, terrain makers, scripters, etc. for a large Sino-American War mod. I've been wanting a COMPLETE China-U.S. War mod for quite some time, and have been steadily learning to mod for a couple months(mainly terrain creation) but i would need some help to complete this mod in a feasible amount of time. If a team of modders and i could complete a stable version of this mod I would love to submit it as an entry into the Make ArmA Not War Contest. If interested, please feel free to send me a pm or comment below.

Mod Description

The Mod will be based on a fictional war in 2020 between the U.S. and China, and will add a modern day USMC faction, and PLA faction with their respective modern day assets. The factions are based on the Marines of each nation. The pack will also include a Terrain based on islands in the South and East China Seas.

Team Requirements:

must have an abundunt amount of experience modding, and some sort of portfolio/credit, for mods you've created or been a part of.

Planned Modifications:

-Modern Era(2013-2020) USMC faction including units, vehicles, and weapons/accessories

-Modern Era(2013-202) PLA(People's Liberation Army) Marines faction including units, vehicles, and weapons/accessories

-All new island based on islands in the South and East China Seas

Vehicle List (May be expanded later):

USMC:

-Air:

F-35B Lightning II

AH-1Z Viper

UH-1Y Venom

CH-53E Super Stallion

Ch-46 Sea Knight

-Armor/Light Armor:

M1A2 Abrams

LAV-25

AAVP-7A1

-Wheeled:

MRAP- CougarH OR CougarHE

MRAP- M-ATV(already in-game, A.K.A. "HUNTER")

PLA:

-Air:

J-20 Dragoon

Z-10 Thunder

Z-9 Haitun

Z-8 Super Hornet

Mi-17 Hip

-Armor/Light Armor:

Type 99

ZBD-09

ZBD-05

-Wheeled:

WZ-531

ZFB-05

Other:

I'll most likely be adding some static amphibious operations ships (LHD, LPD for ex.)

Possible Additions:

-Mainland China terrain?

-Additional Islands?

-Accompanying Campaign?

-Independent Faction?

Let me know what you guys think! :)

Edited by irishpride

"I have been steadily learning to mod for a couple months."

"requirements: must have an abundunt amount of experience modding, and some sort of portfolio/credit, for mods you've created or been a part of."

how many of these posts do we have to read

"I have been steadily learning to mod for a couple months."

"requirements: must have an abundunt amount of experience modding, and some sort of portfolio/credit, for mods you've created or been a part of."

how many of these posts do we have to read

Yes i don't have much experience with modding, but that doesn't mean i can't have a QUALITY addon.... i am just putting an idea forward, and if people are willing to help teach me, then i would be more than willing to learn so that i can help out and contribute more. No need to be cynical about it.

People are definitely willing to help you learn, that's what parts of this forum are all about. It's just that there is an abundance of "idea guys" around here lately. Ideas are cheap, while experience is not. Based on the information posted above, you don't seem qualified to be on your own team. For some people that can be a bit off-putting, particularly where this contest is concerned. It may not be your intention, but it comes off as a lunge for the money.

This is an enormous endeavor you are proposing, and you might be setting yourself up for failure. Why not start small?

People are definitely willing to help you learn, that's what parts of this forum are all about. It's just that there is an abundance of "idea guys" around here lately. Ideas are cheap, while experience is not. Based on the information posted above, you don't seem qualified to be on your own team. For some people that can be a bit off-putting, particularly where this contest is concerned. It may not be your intention, but it comes off as a lunge for the money.

This is an enormous endeavor you are proposing, and you might be setting yourself up for failure. Why not start small?

Well i can understand people's frustrations with that, but i also am not just an "idea guy", i could help work on the terrains for the mod, i just have no experience with the other aspects, and so, i would need a lot of help.

well show me what you have terrain wise as you have said you can do terrains . Why would anyone show you a portfolio when you don't have one your self, also there is no mention of how the prize would be shared by your mod team ie you.

Seems to me that all the info is there the same as it was for me, accept I learnt as I went occasionally getting help from bushlurker and a couple of other lads but wanting people to teach you is a piss take do some reading just like the rest of us have had to learn when you get stuck ask a question.

This is what you should be showing us.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15065

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14455

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16731

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168328-Bovington-testing-grounds-Dorset

I also have stanta uk training for afghan no images till the dead drive comes back

Fair play great enthusiasm, and don't loose that. Just take what harzach has said on board. Start small with a few guys and see if u can build on that.

OP, you'd better join an existing modteam matching your interests and passion and build it up from there.

You know what you're getting for Christmas, Irishpride?

500 frakking pounds of the blackest shite you can find in West Virginia. That's what.

coal_400x266.jpg